Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 12-07-2013, 12:25 AM
Banned

Default Any Good Trapping Forums?

What are the best trapping forums on the internet that a newby to trapping can pick up a lot of info on? Googled it but there are so many that I'd prefer knowing what members here have to say about them.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:44 AM

Hi there most guys on here are quite helpful. some guys on here are sarcastic *****s but most are good. You can search any questions with the search tab. Most of your questions may have already been answered in previous posts. That was my experience anyways.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:36 AM

paul dobbins trapper talk. the wilderness trapping and living forum. is my fav, posters from canada and alaska. some post here. actual current trappers talking about trapping and bush living. know a few of them, great people. learned a tonne, lots more to learn. and alot of great pics shared.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by braggadoe View Post
paul dobbins trapper talk. the wilderness trapping and living forum. is my fav, posters from canada and alaska. some post here. actual current trappers talking about trapping and bush living. know a few of them, great people. learned a tonne, lots more to learn. and alot of great pics shared.
That's the one I follow too. And I ain't even a trapper. Just learn lots of stuff.

http://www.trapperman.com/forum/ubbt...Board/1/page/1

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 12-07-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by braggadoe View Post
X2 - Great site - learned a lot and good reading!
Old 12-07-2013, 09:06 AM

Default trapping forum

Canadian National Trappers forum. The best I've found so far, with no B.S.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill9044 View Post
Hi there most guys on here are quite helpful. some guys on here are sarcastic *****s but most are good. You can search any questions with the search tab. Most of your questions may have already been answered in previous posts. That was my experience anyways.
I don't have any issues with the AO trappers forum, in fact I've gathered a lot of info here and made several great contacts. I find that the search feature a bit of a PITA because of everything that comes up that contains the search words that you enter. For example, if I was searching for plans to build a colony trap I might enter "Colony Trap Plans". Every thread that has a post containing any of those words will come up and there'd be a ton of them......lol.

Starting to study chapter 8 of the trappers manual today and hopefully writing my trappers test next week.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda450 View Post
That's the one I follow too. And I ain't even a trapper. Just learn lots of stuff.

http://www.trapperman.com/forum/ubbt...Board/1/page/1
This here. A lot of the same guys that post trapping stuff here post a lot more over there. You have to trap to join and no flaming is allowed.