Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-09-2020, 09:20 PM

Default Wainwright Area Shore Fishing

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and to the area. I don't own a boat, and due to COVID I can't find anywhere to rent a canoe.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any spots within an hour of Wainwright where I could take my son to do some shore fishing?

Thanks in advance for any info or advice
Old 08-10-2020, 05:36 AM

Battle river near Fabyan campground I’ve landed lots of pike in years past from right along the shore.

Arm lake and clear lake both have good shore fishing opportunity, not terribly difficult hiking, and actually have docks.

Shuster lake for trout I’ve always had far better success being on the water casting towards shore and water features. Also no dock.

Best of luck! Start em young on fishing adventures and hopefully they take right to it.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:34 AM

Default Thanks

I appreciate the info! I will check out Clear Lake some more. I was at Arm Lake last weekend, but it seems to be very closed in on the shores by reeds, looked difficult to shore fish. Maybe I just didn't come across the good spots.

I have read good things about Shuster, but everything I have read says fish from a boat. Maybe one day I will be able to rent a canoe or kyak and get out there