Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-09-2020, 05:32 PM

I'll be first in line to get my chip implanted so I'm in full compliance. People scare the hell out of me. What's next?
Old 08-09-2020, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanna View Post
Just more liberals trying to take our rights away. This country is doomed
Nothing to do with political stance... all to do with amount of people fishing on a waterbody. Too many or too little? Why do people like you have to make it always political!
Old 08-09-2020, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyTheory View Post
Nothing to do with political stance... all to do with amount of people fishing on a waterbody. Too many or too little? Why do people like you have to make it always political!
Yup, making this political is a pointless redirect. And I vote conservative anyway, as if that has anything at all to do with this. I always thought part of being conservative was standing back from a situation and putting a critical eye on it to assess problems and solutions, not just blindly following an ideology.

The only other point I’ll make is that sport fishing is a privilege, not a right. We might not want to take it for granted.

Agree or disagree with ideas, I value the discussion.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyTheory View Post
Her first post was removed by the mods.

Im thinking Troller

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 08-10-2020, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
This is a good comment. We already have waters in our national parks that have fly fishing only.
I disagree that it doesn't limit fishing pressure, it really does. More people are comfortable with casting a lure than a line. If that were to change and more people are brought up on fly fishing, then it wouldn't make a difference like you have said. In this light, I understand why it is done but agree that it is better left as fishing is fishing.
I also agree with you that it sends a poor message and they should be using other measure to level the playing field. E.g. no bait, lures of a certain size, no weight on the line or whatever it is they are trying to limit in a particular area.
I was thinking more along the lines that fly fishing only waters would attract more people that are already fly fishing specifically. I guess it depends on the water body. For example I bet all the quality stocked trout waters in the central alberta could go fly fishing only and it wouldn't do much at all to cut down on fishing pressure.

Either way as you mentioned there are better measures to tweek impact like bait bans etc. I have nothing against bait fishing, use bait a lot for walleye fishing but if a few more waters had a bait ban that wouldn't be all bad imho.

Getting back to windrifts original comment that fell more along the lines of limiting numbers in general at waterbodies no I don't want to go down that road either, and I have a sneaky suspicion that those folks that support that kind of intervention assume they aren't the ones that are going to be shut out...

It's been said, but again be careful what you wish for.

Last edited by OL_JR; 08-10-2020 at 04:44 AM.