Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-28-2019, 08:34 PM

Default Cancer cure ??

https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE...zmZBPl0nTCX7gM
Old 01-28-2019, 09:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon254 View Post
Underwhelming actually : How about PEACE instead of cure for CANCER in that region
Old 01-28-2019, 09:17 PM

We can pray this is going to cure people, I got diagnose with prostate cancer when I was 43, had it removed and I was good for four and half years, this past summer it came back, I had 7 weeks of radiation this past fall and waiting for my psa to stabilize to see if the radiation worked. Hearing of new treatments and cures is always good news.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:22 PM

I cannot help but be skeptical. I would love to see a cure for cancer, but for a conditions with thousands of types/forms, thousands of causes, etc. I don't see it happening in such a universal context.

"This Brittany is my most cherished possession — the darndest bird-finder I have ever seen, a tough and wiry little dog with a choke-bored nose and the ability to read birds’ minds." -Jack O'Connor
Old 01-28-2019, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
Underwhelming actually : How about PEACE instead of cure for CANCER in that region
Cancer is curable there's no doubt,but peace,is not obtainable, to much money for the powers that run the world .
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtz View Post
We can pray this is going to cure people, I got diagnose with prostate cancer when I was 43, had it removed and I was good for four and half years, this past summer it came back, I had 7 weeks of radiation this past fall and waiting for my psa to stabilize to see if the radiation worked. Hearing of new treatments and cures is always good news.
I sincerely hope and pray you get great news about yours soon.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:55 PM

One can only hope I guess. Latest I heard was one in two will deal with cancer. Used to be one in four. Humans are a funny bunch, have the mental capacity to split atoms space travel, artificial intelligence, just to scratch the surface, but let's focus on building walls and exploring Mars or the dark side of the moon and let our friends and family suffer from such a common devastating disease. They are putting micro chips into hockey pucks surely the cure for cancer is out there. Isn't that slightly more important.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:18 PM

I echo the same sentiments Curtz !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftrapper View Post
Old 01-28-2019, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixel shooter View Post
i echo the same sentiments curtz !!
yup...
Old 01-28-2019, 11:19 PM

Quote:
I hope the best for you.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:28 AM

Thank you all
Old 01-29-2019, 06:39 AM

Good luck man, cancer sucks.

Thomas Sowell
Old 01-29-2019, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeman06 View Post
One can only hope I guess. Latest I heard was one in two will deal with cancer. Used to be one in four.
Yup, on average we used to die of other things at younger ages, we keep curing/fixing those other things, so more of us end up dying of some sort of cancer. Unfortunately we're all going to die from something.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:57 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftrapper View Post
Me too!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-29-2019, 07:48 AM

Curtz my thoughts are with you.

Cure aside they have really made a lot of headway in treatments over the last decade or so. My sons mother i law was diagnosed with lung cancer 6-years ago. She was 62 and a smoker. They flew her to Vancouver, took out one rib and part of her lung. She was fine for 5 years then the doctor seen something on her lungs that he didnt like. Sent her back to Vancouver this spring, and we were all thinking the worst. CT and PET scans gave her a clean bill of health. She's cancer free and still smoking.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Yup, on average we used to die of other things at younger ages, we keep curing/fixing those other things, so more of us end up dying of some sort of cancer. Unfortunately we're all going to die from something.
Fair enough but it's the people that die young that hurts! 90 year old dying of cancer is life. A 45 year old, father of 3 is a tragedy.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:
we can pray this is going to cure people, i got diagnose with prostate cancer when i was 43, had it removed and i was good for four and half years, this past summer it came back, i had 7 weeks of radiation this past fall and waiting for my psa to stabilize to see if the radiation worked. Hearing of new treatments and cures is always good news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftrapper View Post
i sincerely hope and pray you get great news about yours soon.
x2

bw
Old 01-29-2019, 08:39 AM

Mice is a long ways from humans unfortunately. Cancer is a very complex number of diseases, not just one and the the cure won't be universal. No doubt, the future lies in immunotherapy . I sense an appeal for funding here.

Grizz
Old 01-29-2019, 09:17 AM

Default cancer

Grizz is correct, with only lab studies completed, major clinical trails need to be done taking a few years. However appears to be very encouraging potential cancer treatment approach.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESOXangler View Post
Fair enough but it's the people that die young that hurts! 90 year old dying of cancer is life. A 45 year old, father of 3 is a tragedy.
Agreed, lost my brother to cancer when he was 30.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:07 AM

crossing my fingers the cure is on its waay ...my best to all suffering
Old 02-12-2019, 01:07 PM

Agree, Cancer common disease now. Hits all ages, health. Cancer Not a fair disease, (people whom treat body good, eat healthy, exercise (Terry Fox)), still not Immune. Wife has stage 4 kidney cancer. Removed left kidney, spleen, and 40% pancreas last summer. Now cancer has spread to her lungs (couple lesions), treating her now with Immunetherapy (boosts Immune system to attack cancer cells). Hope and pray. God Bless, and keep
Old 02-12-2019, 02:11 PM
Banned

If we cure cancer what will happen to all the billions of dollars raised during charity events?

Raising money for cancer is easy, because everyone at any time has known someone who has died of cancer somehow, and so people will give about anytime that word is mentioned.

Not too mention it is an easy way to control the population growth gradually because, well cancer is not curable.

There are charities today for everything, and we all contribute billions of dollars a year to them, Cancer and Heart and Stroke being probably the top earners.

It's a business, just like anything that has a renewable source of revenue.

So why cure cancer?
Old 02-12-2019, 02:20 PM

Have any of you looked into blue scorpions venom?
Old 02-12-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
Agree, Cancer common disease now. Hits all ages, health. Cancer Not a fair disease, (people whom treat body good, eat healthy, exercise (Terry Fox)), still not Immune. Wife has stage 4 kidney cancer. Removed left kidney, spleen, and 40% pancreas last summer. Now cancer has spread to her lungs (couple lesions), treating her now with Immunetherapy (boosts Immune system to attack cancer cells). Hope and pray. God Bless, and keep
Hope and pray indeed, good luck to both of you.

Thomas Sowell
Old 02-12-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderheart View Post
crossing my fingers the cure is on its waay ...my best to all suffering
Haven't heard from you in a while, how is it going? Coast of BC right?

Thomas Sowell
Old 02-12-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
Holy man you are carrying a huge load,words fail me,Ill pray for you,and may god bless you.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:57 PM

Default Cancer cure

I have had cancer three times all different kinds. Non-Hodgkin lymphoma cured with radiation. Eight years latrr bladder and then prostrate cancer. That docs said they were unrelated but
Bladder was removed along with the prostrate.both tested and different kinds of cancer. That was twelve years ago and no further problems with cancer.Imguess I am one of the lucky ones as I will turn 80 this year. Piker.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Hope and pray indeed, good luck to both of you.
Thank You
Old 02-12-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish along View Post
Holy man you are carrying a huge load,words fail me,Ill pray for you,and may god bless you.
She’s a fighter. Thank you.