Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-30-2018, 04:44 PM

Default Prageru YouTube

Was watching this channel . Very interesting . What are your thoughts on credibility of this channel ?
Old 05-30-2018, 04:55 PM

Never heard of it, checked it out. What a novel concept, thanks for posting.

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-30-2018, 05:03 PM

Prager has credibility, Google him.
Better yet; listen to him for a bit and decide if what he says sits true with you.

He and J. Peterson should be required study for young men.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
Prager has credibility, Google him.
Better yet; listen to him for a bit and decide if what he says sits true with you.

He and J. Peterson should be required study for young men.
what do you mean better yet . I stated I have watched several . Looking for opinions on credibility. I like what this channel is claiming . Because one likes what he hears does not make it credible . Cheers !
Old 05-30-2018, 05:27 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj9qvBwOeMA

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-30-2018, 05:30 PM

PragerU is an interesting idea but I am curious as to how they would respond to the objection that conservatism is in this current age an impotent ideology. Both here and in the United States it seems that we have lost every battle in the culture war with the left. Our politicians are quick to compromise on important social issues in the hopes of attracting more voters but it’s getting harder to tell the difference between them and the left wing radicals

What’s left to conserve?
Old 05-30-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSwedeItIs View Post
PragerU is an interesting idea but I am curious as to how they would respond to the objection that conservatism is in this current age an impotent ideology. Both here and in the United States it seems that we have lost every battle in the culture war with the left. Our politicians are quick to compromise on important social issues in the hopes of attracting more voters but it’s getting harder to tell the difference between them and the left wing radicals

What’s left to conserve?
but he has nice hair and likes pot!!!!! Lol
Old 05-31-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSwedeItIs View Post

What’s left to conserve?
A lot! While western civ isn't perfect and has made many mistakes, it has also provided many countries and people with a great quality of life and freedom, better than ever seen in history. I think conserving the core principles that made that possible is a great idea.

The way I see it, the left has been and is increasingly becoming the standard-bearers for a general decline. Every system, civilization or government has ultimately declined and destroyed itself or got into a position to be destroyed. Ours certainly appears to be heading down a very self-destructive path, boldly led by radical leftist (not liberal, though they now call themselves that) ideology. I'm not saying it's going to end here or now, but this is a negative and ruinous path in general.

I also think conservatism has done a very bad job selling itself and even focusing on reasonable and important core principles. I thought Prof. Peterson's 12 points or something were a great start.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expedition View Post
what do you mean better yet . I stated I have watched several . Looking for opinions on credibility. I like what this channel is claiming . Because one likes what he hears does not make it credible . Cheers !
Sorry man, I meant no offence. I was trying to convey the thought that if you google him you'll find 50% that hes awesome and 50% that he is a racist, sexist old white dude.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Sorry man, I meant no offence. I was trying to convey the thought that if you google him you'll find 50% that hes awesome and 50% that he is a racist, sexist old white dude.
I see . I find their views on israeli Palestine quite shocking . If true. Thanks
Old 05-31-2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
I take offense to your statement and DEMAND you build me a safe room.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.