Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-29-2018, 03:36 PM

Default Nissan Titan

Anyone here have much experience with the Nissan Titan?

I have been looking at them online and often the ProX-4 seems like a pretty good deal.

Have always like Tacomas but wasn't as impressed as I wanted to be when I test drove a 2015 the other day.

I'm on the fence whether I want a Titan, Frontier or Tacoma. What kind of reputation do the Nissan's have? Other than poor fuel economy for the Titan most reviews seem favourable.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:52 PM

This wouldn't be something I would normally pass along since none of the incidents involved me, but I have heard 3 separate reports from people I know personally stated how horrible the warranty coverage service was from Nissan dealerships. All three said that Nissan basically walked away from their obligations, and none will ever buy a Nissan vehicle ever again.
Old 05-29-2018, 04:34 PM

I haven't dealt with warranty problems so I can't comment on the above. Butttt, the pro4x is now the same price as a gmc Denali.

I have a Nissan Titan and I love it, but I find that new Ford's and chevs have better milage better payload and tow ratings and better resale. If I were to do it again, I wouldn't buy a titan.

On the upside, mine has 322k with minimal issues so far. The new truck has the same engine and tranny as my 2010 but with upgraded numbers.

Am about to trade mine in for another truck sooooo, if u r in the market for a lightly used truck with 322k on it then send me a message lol
Old 05-29-2018, 06:44 PM

Thanks for the replies. It really helps. I also like the Ford fx4, maybe I’ll start looking at bit at those. The wife likes the Raptor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2018, 07:02 PM

Just traded a 2011 Titan with 325/km on it with no issues other than wear and tear. Went to a 2017 Titan and love it more than the 2011. I went with Brasso for our 5th Nissan because of how well there service department has treated us. Just a note from the other side of the fence.

Dodger.
Old 05-29-2018, 07:04 PM

Car and Driver had a long term review of a new Titan. I believe they called it the single worst new vehicle they have ever driven. It left them on the side of the road a few times.

I was just recently in the market for a truck as well and researched quite a bit. Ended up going with another F150.

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 05-29-2018, 07:28 PM

Had a Titan as a rental and it seems like a nice truck...but I am scared of them. The wife's previous Murano and Xterra she has now have both been huge money pits after 200k. Before that they were great but this is just my experience.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:18 PM

Titan / Nissan Stay away, Tacoma All The way, concrete truck.....
Old 05-30-2018, 05:28 PM

I've owned two Nissans, both XTerras, a 2004, and a 2015. Though I can't attest to the Titan, I can attest to the warranty and service. Their warranties are no different than any other manufacturer. I had a couple of warranty jobs done on my '15, both of them were probably my fault not the truck's, due to hard use on the trails. Repairs were done, no questions asked.

Back to the Titan, their 5.6 is a pretty stout powerplant. I remember one YouTuber (might have been Nathan from TFLTruck but I can't recall) say Nissan's 5.6 was his favorite full-size gas engine out of them all. It doesn't have the name recognition as Ford, GM, Ram, or even Tundra so it doesn't sell all that well. But that also means you can probably score an awesome deal on one. Honestly, Titans are nothing to be afraid of. Of all the full size trucks on the market, the Titan appeals to me the most.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:18 PM

I test drove all the full size trucks on the market before I settled on my 2010 Titan. I love everything about it except the fuel economy. I had the power steering pump go on me under warranty, I had my truck back the next day no problem. Obviously no cost to me. I blew a tire on the highway, with the ‘free’ tire warranty I got that tire replaced for free and they cut me a better deal on the other 3 at the dealership than I could get at any tire shop. I dealt with Sherwood Nissan.

I had a hard time picking a truck and some advice given to me by an old guy at work was drive them all and pick the one you like best. These days performance, reliability and warranty are pretty much the same across the board, despite what the brand fanboys would have you believe. When I wear this truck out, I’ll just drive them all again and pick my favourite again.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:42 PM

Beware: https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...rm-test-review
Old 05-31-2018, 03:42 PM

Any Feedback on the new Diesel Cummins Offering in Nissan?

it is a redesigned block, not an in line, but I would expect a pretty reliable engine being a Cummins.

Drewski
Old 05-31-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
To be fair, the XD Cummins is an all new truck with a brand new, untested engine and a brand new transmission. The 5.6, however, is basically the same engine as the first gen with some tech improvements to increase power and economy. The 1/2 ton with the 5.6 is probably the way I would go. The XD Cummins (...or the XD in general) was a bit of a gamble, and is not shaping up to be much of a player. I suspect its production run will be a short one.
Old 05-31-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10aciousB View Post
To be fair, the XD Cummins is an all new truck with a brand new, untested engine and a brand new transmission. The 5.6, however, is basically the same engine as the first gen with some tech improvements to increase power and economy. The 1/2 ton with the 5.6 is probably the way I would go. The XD Cummins (...or the XD in general) was a bit of a gamble, and is not shaping up to be much of a player. I suspect its production run will be a short one.
I am a research junkie and read every review possible when I buy my trucks. I'd suggest you do the same, particularly the truck comparisons, and consumer reports. If you find any publications that put it at or near the top of the list, then I owe you a public apology.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk