Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-14-2018, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinebeers View Post
Im not sure why it matters if he's a senior citizen or a teenager. At the end of the day Lloyd McMahon is a CRIMINAL and now sits on a board that directly influences the industry he was convicted in.
Exactly.
No different than a convicted pedophile in charge of child protective services.
Good old Lloyd would be right up there on the same moral gauge.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeelmer View Post
But Residents don't make their living from it, nor are we called professionals.
I think that is the big difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Convicted is the key word, how much is going on that is never come to light. That goes for both groups.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
This.
I didn't say either side was right, both groups have bad apples in my opinion.

Hard to speculate the number of people breaking the law ? 3-4 times the number caught and charged I would guess ?
Old 12-14-2018, 09:03 PM

Another notorious poacher is being drug through the coals on FB. Even scummier.
Old 12-14-2018, 09:08 PM

Whodat moose?
Old 12-14-2018, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeslayer22 View Post
Whodat moose?
C.G. is being grilled on AHA , but he is best known as a thief.
Old 12-14-2018, 09:33 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Another notorious poacher is being drug through the coals on FB. Even scummier.
And IRONICALLY, for EVERYONE HERE not capable of vision, while looking down their noses at others,,,
its that very individual you speak of that started this very discussion, and drifted off into obscurity,,, much the same as some of you should have done...
The infamous "whitetailer".
He rolled in here on his high stepping steed - black dually, and not one of "this place's" top hands sniffed him out.
Id claim as being shocked,, but we all know what they say about people who ALL claim they are the smartest in the room hey!
Edit. Sheep are easy targets for predators in sheepskin.

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er

Last edited by packhuntr; 12-14-2018 at 09:46 PM.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:39 PM
Gone Hunting

Been another long day here and shes a wrap, but couldnt help but think about some of the things I've seen here. No question i will be dismembered for opening my mouth again, but..
Wickedness can exist in all of us.
Seems that some, while "claiming" to condemn it, are all too quick to choose it.
Thats "corruption"..

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 12-15-2018, 12:52 AM

Default Lol

Im amazed how committed youve been to Lloyd through this, your a good pal!
Do you ever feel that maybe your arguement is wrong, And instead of short witted insults that appear over thought, maybe self reflection is the only possibility for a positive outcome for you? It may be worth a try, because when your all alone in a moral and ethical discussion on a hunting forumn, your Really alone!
Old 12-15-2018, 04:08 AM
Gone Hunting

Top of the morning. Incredible, all along it was Earl. Wonder no more where the sherriff badge hangs. Yessir, feel like ive never been more wrong. I can really see the benefits now of sorting afew people out with a good and very thorough sh#t kickin. Man i wished ida known, woulda dropped the doctor and apple a day deal years ago. Anyways, these %# are still kickin abit so I'll get outa your way. Remember to hide your smiles boys, everyone need know that layin down good and right alberta outdoorsmen example should be portrayed very serious. 👍

Keep a strain on er

Last edited by packhuntr; 12-15-2018 at 04:23 AM.
Old 12-15-2018, 09:18 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
Here’s the response I received from APOS regarding the POS being discussed....

Thank you for your email. The process for nominations and elections is
determined by our bylaws and governance policy. Under the governance
policy, a person is only eligible to be nominated if they hold a current
outfitter-guide permit, have no outstanding debt to APOS, not be involved in
a lawsuit against APOS, and not been declared mentally incapable under
provincial legislation. Additionally, candidates cannot have any Wildlife
Act or other environmental act convictions in the past 24 months, or more
than 2 over the past 3 years. It was confirmed that Mr. McMahon met these
requirements prior to the election at the AGM.

Jeana Schuurman
Managing Director
Alberta Professional Outfitters Society (APOS)
What a croque of dung! Opens the door to a legit scum bag to be at the helm and the followers are just that like minded people....if I was part of this group I would bail like real quick especially with that type of rules.....very sketchy group.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-15-2018, 10:43 AM

Wow 9 pages is the problem solved now
Old 12-15-2018, 11:06 AM

Oh, I hope not I can't get enough of packhuntr's cryptic philosophy.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:24 AM

I have watched all nine pages of this unfold. Anyone who can defend Lloyd McMahon or APOS in this situation is just plain wrong. The justification that a series of convictions for breaking a string of hunting, trespass and other regulations should not be a life sentence is specious. He is not being locked up in prison for life. There are a great many jobs that you cannot get if you have even one conviction, let alone a string of them.

What most on here are saying is there is no way with Lloyd's track record that he should be allowed on the board of APOS, which directly governs the Guiding Industry and who are charged with keeping it clean. APOS has a long history of not being an effective oversight group.

My MLA has promised to have this situation with Lloyd investigated and I have sent him a bunch of additional info on APOS failures to self govern that will be looked into as well. I will be very interested to hear what the outcome of that turns out to be.

Write your elected MLA and lets see if we can get some positive momentum for effective change.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLH View Post
It’s like Bubbles has a place to spit out all that’s on his mind...

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy
Old 12-15-2018, 12:56 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLH View Post
That's why I check in......a legend....."talks in circles"

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-15-2018, 03:04 PM

Default Huh

Huh? Lol
This reads like your minifesto.
I wish Lloyd would have written it.
I’m glad there are still enough good hearted folks to see the disturbing nonsense that this APOS decision is.
Earl out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by packhuntr View Post
Top of the morning. Incredible, all along it was Earl. Wonder no more where the sherriff badge hangs. Yessir, feel like ive never been more wrong. I can really see the benefits now of sorting afew people out with a good and very thorough sh#t kickin. Man i wished ida known, woulda dropped the doctor and apple a day deal years ago. Anyways, these %# are still kickin abit so I'll get outa your way. Remember to hide your smiles boys, everyone need know that layin down good and right alberta outdoorsmen example should be portrayed very serious. 👍
Old 12-15-2018, 03:29 PM

Well, if ole Lloyd can be on the board, that would make sense why APOS has also brought Alberta Advantage Outfitters into the fold as well.....
Old 12-15-2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Just to bring you up to speed quick, your email isnt worth "a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin it on’’
Old 12-15-2018, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
Well, if ole Lloyd can be on the board, that would make sense why APOS has also brought Alberta Advantage Outfitters into the fold as well.....
Gerritse is taking a pounding on FB (Alberta Hunting Addicts) right now.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlandliver View Post
Gerritse is taking a pounding on FB (Alberta Hunting Addicts) right now.
Been fun watching the thread and all the people he screwed come on. Once a piece of crud, always a piece of crud.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
If a doctor sexually assaults a patient, the Courts will charge and convict him of sexual assault. The association of physicians will revoke his license.

If APOS is the governing body as per the Act then they would definitely have the ability to revoke his outfitting license in addition to any court imposed rulings.
I know a Doctor that had the experience. He was the best Vet in the county.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
In # 204 you said you were going.

Did you mean the bathroom?
Old 12-15-2018, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
Been fun watching the thread and all the people he screwed come on. Once a piece of crud, always a piece of crud.
If you look at the profiles of some of the people defending him, they say they have an ‘open marriage’. He’s got a reputation for that too.

Eewww
Old 12-16-2018, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post

Here’s a conviction from this summer. The crown issued this ban, it had nothing to do with APOS
I do believe he was already banned from hunting personally in 2014 for 5 years, but nothing about an additional ban for 20 years from hunting personally.

Although this case is a tricky one on what actually took place and the intent, the fine and ban from the industry is a step in the right direction moving forward.
And it was the crown who did it, not APOS, which is the way it should be in my opinion.
Thanks, Torkdiesel. It seems, I forgot all about this one. Well, I didn't forget about the case, but I was sure the restriction had to do with hunting.

Does anyone know if this is the first case where the Crown actually banned individuals from outfitting/guiding activities? I wonder how it will hold up on appeal if there is one.

Also, if one was already banned from hunting, how can one legally be an outfitter/guide?
Old 12-16-2018, 01:35 AM

packhuntr, you really should just say what it is you are talking about here and get it over with. I mean, I (partially/mostly?) understand what you are trying to say, but why not just say it straight up like pretty much everyone else in this thread? It really does not help your cause, IMO. To each their own though.

Quote:
Seems that some, while "claiming" to condemn it, are all too quick to choose it.
Lol. One good man here suggested I read about another guy (a hunting "legend" and outfitter from down south), which has nothing to do with this case, per se. What you said and I quoted above immediately made me think of this:

Though Cibola County Deputy District Attorney Randolph Collins was unsuccessful in his effort to see Darner's latest sentence include prison time, his argument to the court ironically included an excerpt from Darner's 1983 book, How to Find Giant Bucks.

"Penalties for game violations are not stiff enough," Darner's book stated. "There should be minimum fine and mandatory jail sentences for some crimes, such as shooting a deer out of season. Second offenders should get very stiff, mandatory penalties. If a potential violator knew he'd get a $1,000 fine and a minimum of 30 days in jail for shooting a buck out of season, he'd find more strength to resist the temptation."

The Deputy DA's memorandum to the court accurately summed up how a lot of sportsmen feel about the once-iconic figure of the big game hunting community.

"The book title (How to Find Giant Bucks), now given his conduct in our county and his quest to put his profit above all else, has double meaning--how to find giant bucks is really, for him, how to make a lot of money by violating the law."
Old 12-18-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
I have watched all nine pages of this unfold. Anyone who can defend Lloyd McMahon or APOS in this situation is just plain wrong. The justification that a series of convictions for breaking a string of hunting, trespass and other regulations should not be a life sentence is specious. He is not being locked up in prison for life. There are a great many jobs that you cannot get if you have even one conviction, let alone a string of them.

What most on here are saying is there is no way with Lloyd's track record that he should be allowed on the board of APOS, which directly governs the Guiding Industry and who are charged with keeping it clean. APOS has a long history of not being an effective oversight group.

My MLA has promised to have this situation with Lloyd investigated and I have sent him a bunch of additional info on APOS failures to self govern that will be looked into as well. I will be very interested to hear what the outcome of that turns out to be.

Write your elected MLA and lets see if we can get some positive momentum for effective change.
Good work. Can’t wait to hear the results.

Gotta ask though, does your MLA wear blue or orange? Because we all know that APOS was paying for protection when the blue team was in charge. I doubt they have as many friends on the orange side but I’ve never seen a politician of any stripe turn down ‘gifts’. Bet APOS gets real generous this Christmas
Old 12-18-2018, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post
packhuntr, you really should just say what it is you are talking about here and get it over with. I mean, I (partially/mostly?) understand what you are trying to say, but why not just say it straight up like pretty much everyone else in this thread? It really does not help your cause, IMO. To each their own though.

Lol. One good man here suggested I read about another guy (a hunting "legend" and outfitter from down south), which has nothing to do with this case, per se. What you said and I quoted above immediately made me think of this:

Though Cibola County Deputy District Attorney Randolph Collins was unsuccessful in his effort to see Darner's latest sentence include prison time, his argument to the court ironically included an excerpt from Darner's 1983 book, How to Find Giant Bucks.

"Penalties for game violations are not stiff enough," Darner's book stated. "There should be minimum fine and mandatory jail sentences for some crimes, such as shooting a deer out of season. Second offenders should get very stiff, mandatory penalties. If a potential violator knew he'd get a $1,000 fine and a minimum of 30 days in jail for shooting a buck out of season, he'd find more strength to resist the temptation."

The Deputy DA's memorandum to the court accurately summed up how a lot of sportsmen feel about the once-iconic figure of the big game hunting community.

"The book title (How to Find Giant Bucks), now given his conduct in our county and his quest to put his profit above all else, has double meaning--how to find giant bucks is really, for him, how to make a lot of money by violating the law."
Kirt Daner, the mule deer hero.
https://www.denverpost.com/2008/07/1...nor-tarnished/

Thomas Sowell
Old 12-21-2018, 11:26 PM

Default Any replies from MLA’s etc?

Did anyone hear back from their MLA or the media?
Old 12-22-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I remember this guy from the 70s I had one of his books used to shoot 40 inch mule deer now I know why

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk