Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-21-2020, 10:44 PM

Default restricted ATT attached to PAL

I heared that after I purchased my first restricted firearm RCMP will mail me a new PAL card with ATT condition attached to it. As following Q&A I found online.
"Q21: I buy a restricted firearm for the first time after this change comes into force, will I be issued a new PAL card with the ATT conditions attached?

A21: Yes. Upon acquisition of your first restricted firearm, once a CFO confirms the acquisition purpose of the firearm, the CFP will issue you a new licence card indicating that special conditions are attached."

Is it true? I have received my restricted registration certificate 1.5 months ago after I purchase my first restricted, but I have not received the new PAL card yet. Please advise.

thank you
Old 05-21-2020, 10:52 PM

When I renewed my RPAL, the letter attached informed me of all the ATT stuff and that it is attached to my RPAL and no longer need another piece of paper to carry around. Now in your situation, wouldn't it be better use of resources if they just attach the ATT stuff on to your card? Why would they need to issue a new card?
Old 05-21-2020, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybert View Post
When I renewed my RPAL, the letter attached informed me of all the ATT stuff and that it is attached to my RPAL and no longer need another piece of paper to carry around. Now in your situation, wouldn't it be better use of resources if they just attach the ATT stuff on to your card? Why would they need to issue a new card?
i have no idea why they will issue a new card. that is what I heard. Someone just told me CFO will send a new card with suffix 0001 changed to 0002.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soymilk View Post
i have no idea why they will issue a new card. that is what I heard. Someone just told me CFO will send a new card with suffix 0001 changed to 0002.
Yes, had a new card with the special conditions mailed to me 2 weeks after I joined an approved gun range. The range submitted my membership info directly to the CFO, literally showed up in mail.
Old 05-22-2020, 04:22 AM

Yes you get a new card, I literally renewed my gun license, got a new card in the mail. Then a week later I bought my first restricted and then shortly after that got a new card again! Haha I thought it was a waste but that’s how their system is.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:47 AM

Your new card will say "standard and transportation conditions are attached to this license" on the front.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soymilk View Post
My R-Pal ends in .0004. what is the significance of this suffix ?
Old 05-22-2020, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat336 View Post
My R-Pal ends in .0004. what is the significance of this suffix ?

That’s just the 4th card they have issued you. Next time you renew it will be.0005
Old 05-23-2020, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta_Redneck View Post
That’s just the 4th card they have issued you. Next time you renew it will be.0005
Thanks. Appreciate the info.