Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-21-2017, 09:53 AM

Default An Open Letter to All Celebrities

Hollywood celebrities,

It’s time to wake up now. Get this! The only reason you exist is for my entertainment. Some of you are beautiful. Some of you can deliver a line with such conviction that you bring tears to my eyes. Some of you are so convincing that you scare the crap out of me. And others are so funny you can make me laugh uncontrollably.

But you all have one thing in common. You only exist and have a place in my world to entertain me. That’s it. Nothing else!

You make your living pretending to be someone else. You play dress-up like a 5-year-old. Your world is a make believe world. It is not real. It doesn’t exist. You live for the camera while the rest of us live in the real world. Your entire existence depends on my patronage. I crank the organ grinder, and you dance.

Therefore, I don’t care where you stand on issues. Honestly, your opinion means nothing to me. Just because you had a lead role in a movie about prostitution doesn’t mean you know what it’s like to be a prostitute. Your view matters far less to me than that of a someone living in Timbuktu .

Believe me or not, the hard truth is that you aren’t real. I turn off my TV or shut down my computer, and you cease to exist. Once I am done with you, I go back to the real world until I want you to entertain me again.

I don’t care that you think BP executives deserve the death penalty. I don’t care what you think about the environment. I don’t care if you believe fracking is bad. I don’t care if you call for more gun control. I don’t care if you believe in catastrophic human-induced global warming. And I could care less that you supported Hillary for President. Get back into your bubble. I’ll let you know when I’m in the mood for something pretty or scary or funny.

And one other thing. What was with all this “I’ll leave the country if Donald Trump wins”? Don’t you know how stupid that made you sound? What did you think my reaction was going to be? I better not vote for Trump or we’ll lose Whoopi Goldberg? Al Sharpton? Amy Schumer? Leave. I don’t care! And don’t let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. Oh by the way, is Clinton returning any of the money you so generously donated to her election?

Make me laugh. Make me cry. Even scare me. But realize this, the only words of yours that matter are scripted — just like your pathetic little lives. I may agree with some of you from time to time, but in the final analysis, it doesn’t matter. In my world, you exist solely for my entertainment. So, put a sock in it and dance, monkey, DANCE!
Old 01-21-2017, 10:08 AM

Awesome, how true. And also the so called special interest groups, you are NOT anymore special than the rest of paying your way.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:09 AM

^^^ So true. Celebrity, bunch of sore losers.

Last edited by Austin; 01-21-2017 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:13 AM
Banned

Beautiful, simply beautiful!
Old 01-21-2017, 10:20 AM

They are all fallen stars now, and will never hold the same esteem again. they have just committed
Old 01-21-2017, 10:22 AM
Banned

Okay, let put the shoe on the other foot.
How many of you have a degree in environmental science...or wildlife management, or a background on middle east politics.
Doesn't stop you from commenting here, and likely other public forums.
Everyone has an opinion and one of the great things about our country is you are allowed to voice them.
The only difference is they are in the public eye and make the news.
So...how many of you, if you suddenly became famous would keep your opinions to yourselves.
Hmmm...I'll safely wager NONE.
Most intelligent people do realize these peoples opinions are just that...opinions.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:26 AM
Banned

Perfect.

The jesters thinking they're kings!! Talk about delusional.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:30 AM

Great post Dean
Old 01-21-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
How many of you have a degree in environmental science...or wildlife management, or a background on middle east politics.
Everyone has an opinion and one of the great things about our country is you are allowed to voice them.
So...how many of you, if you suddenly became famous would keep your opinions to yourselves.
Most intelligent people do realize these peoples opinions are just that...opinions.
Having an opinion is one thing, jumping on a soap box and preaching is another. If you are demanding a person change their ways to match your thinking you had better have something other than a feeling.

California and New York are sprawling cesspools that cause more environmental damage simply by their existence than all of Canada combined. To demand face time with the Canadian government to clean up our act or do more for the world is borderline insane coming from an entertainer.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:49 AM

Well said Dean!
Old 01-21-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
Having an opinion is one thing, jumping on a soap box and preaching is another. If you are demanding a person change their ways to match your thinking you had better have something other than a feeling.

California and New York are sprawling cesspools that cause more environmental damage simply by their existence than all of Canada combined. To demand face time with the Canadian government to clean up our act or do more for the world is borderline insane coming from an entertainer.
Good open letter, and good comment MK. Love to hear the truth spoken clearly.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-21-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Well said.
Old 01-21-2017, 11:16 AM

Opinions generally are better accepted when they can be supported by cited, reputable sources.

For those interested in intellectual integrity, the actual source of this "opinion" is most likely here:

http://constitution.com/open-letter-...d-celebrities/
Old 01-21-2017, 11:23 AM
Banned

Good one Dean!
Old 01-21-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderal View Post
Great post Dean
Great copy and paste you mean.

Posting the ideas of others as your own is just as intellectually dishonest as celebrities expecting that their high profile makes them valid spokespeople for some cause or other.

Marshall McLuhan
Old 01-21-2017, 11:35 AM

Dean2
I am on your side 100% These people are here for "MY" entertainment, their whole life is nothing but a lie. They never stop acting from the time they get up, to the time they go to bed. Don't misunderstand me I love some of the shows they put on and some I don't, but I can tune to another channel or turn them off, my choice. You want to leave? then leave, but you won't!! because you know what side your bread is buttered on. Watch Steven Tyler last night on Barrett-Jackson, did not even know what charity he was suppose to plug. And the people want the movie stars to make decision's? YEA RIGHT!!
Old 01-21-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
Great copy and paste you mean.

Posting the ideas of others as your own is just as intellectually dishonest as celebrities expecting that their high profile makes them valid spokespeople for some cause or other.

No, I meant great post. It doesn't say who wrote it.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
Good one Dean!

Thanks but to be clear, this is just a repost of something I found very pertinent and agree with. I didn't write it and don't know who did. If I knew who the author was I would have attributed it to them.

Last edited by Dean2; 01-21-2017 at 12:14 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:43 PM

I can't see DiCaprio movies now. Just can't imagine watching him playing a smart ass in "Catch me if you can" knowing that the guy is just that stupid that he got in a global warming panic over a Chinook. It's better for him as an actor to stay in the bubble. He just ruined it for me.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak-71 View Post
I can't see DiCaprio movies now. Just can't imagine watching him playing a smart ass in "Catch me if you can" knowing that the guy is just that stupid that he got in a global warming panic over a Chinook. It's better for him as an actor to stay in the bubble. He just ruined it for me.
I was bored the other night and watched The Revenant on Netflix. It is no wonder the world is in such a mess if they are passing out awards for this garbage.

I actually quite enjoyed Titanic and in fact think DiCaprio did a good job on that film and was decent in a few others. The Revenant is simply poor from start to finish. Even a person that was never outside the house would have a hard time believing that anyone could survive 1/10 of the ordeal. The acting was God awful and the story line was non existent. Demonizing the French and pumping up the self righteous American aspect was laughable.

These people are so out of touch it is ridiculous. Madonna is on TV right now preaching to a crowd of sheep like followers screaming in approval. She is the poster child of materialism and as sexist as they come. It is a very sad world we live in these days.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:24 PM

Don't count out celebrity ... there is this guy ... Trump.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:28 PM
Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFRAmElznF4
Old 01-21-2017, 01:34 PM
Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9f8PXSdXjc
Old 01-21-2017, 01:47 PM
Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tviyAIS9c_U
Old 01-21-2017, 01:51 PM
Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZoyE1B7HHA
Old 01-21-2017, 01:55 PM

I think that the celebrities may now realize that they are not speaking for the American people and this has been a huge shock. They have lost a lot of feeling of power and are having a hard time dealing with it so tantrums seem appropriate.

After all if I have a hit album how could you not vote the way I tell you.

I have some concerns with Trump winning but he is only one person so it may work out.

I also had some concerns over Hillary winning as she seems to be someone without ethics or good sense.

Maybe the US could have elected Who pie Goldberg. After all Ronald Regan was an actor. Clint Eastwood vs Who pie would make for an interesting contest.
Old 01-21-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
You were doing so good until the last line. Most people who dote on celebrities do not behave intelligently. If you believe Leonardo is a god, then you respect his opinion and do not question it.

Since I have mentioned Mr DiCaprio, lets discuss his expert qualifications. He did not finish high school, but later obtained a GED. He did not attend, let alone finish ANY post-secondary school. That makes him less qualified to publicly speak to these matters than 80% of the Alberta Outdoors membership. If he only expressed his opinion, fine, but when he starts preaching and throwing his version of "facts" out there, then he has crossed over the line. He is taking advantage of his celebrity to propagandize the unthinking masses. As an aside, think of the harm that Jenny McCarthy has done to vaccination levels in North America because she has been outspoken about one doctor and his one study that purported vaccinations caused autism. That Dr. and his study has since been proven to be a fraud, and yet vaccinations are down, and diseases eliminated in North America decades ago are now back (I know immigration has played a part). Jenny can accept a chunk of the blame.

BTW, Leonardo could be the posterboy for "do what I say but not what I do". He speaks out about global warming while he jets around on private jets, drives luxury cars, lives in over-sized extravagant homes, and lazes in luxury yachts that get worse mileage than a battleship and at resorts that require whole villages to cater to his every little whim. If he lived like Ed Begely Jr., then you could almost respect his opinion (misguided as it is) as he would be talking the talk and walking the walk. But poor Leonardo can't tell a Chinook from a global warming event.

With social media, society is filled with people who believe whatever is repeated the most times. If a celebrity said it, it is even more true.

When you look at it like that, then celebrities should mind their own business, and just entertain us.
Old 01-21-2017, 02:05 PM
Banned

All i'm tying to say is all actor's don't spout carp ... just like you and I ... cant judge them all in one long winded speach ... I betcha even kd lang tasted some raw alberta beef once or twice !!!
Old 01-21-2017, 02:53 PM

Bravo! Well said! I couldn't agree more
Old 01-21-2017, 03:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB2506 View Post
You were doing so good until the last line. Most people who dote on celebrities do not behave intelligently. If you believe Leonardo is a god, then you respect his opinion and do not question it.

Since I have mentioned Mr DiCaprio, lets discuss his expert qualifications. He did not finish high school, but later obtained a GED. He did not attend, let alone finish ANY post-secondary school. That makes him less qualified to publicly speak to these matters than 80% of the Alberta Outdoors membership. If he only expressed his opinion, fine, but when he starts preaching and throwing his version of "facts" out there, then he has crossed over the line. He is taking advantage of his celebrity to propagandize the unthinking masses. As an aside, think of the harm that Jenny McCarthy has done to vaccination levels in North America because she has been outspoken about one doctor and his one study that purported vaccinations caused autism. That Dr. and his study has since been proven to be a fraud, and yet vaccinations are down, and diseases eliminated in North America decades ago are now back (I know immigration has played a part). Jenny can accept a chunk of the blame.

BTW, Leonardo could be the posterboy for "do what I say but not what I do". He speaks out about global warming while he jets around on private jets, drives luxury cars, lives in over-sized extravagant homes, and lazes in luxury yachts that get worse mileage than a battleship and at resorts that require whole villages to cater to his every little whim. If he lived like Ed Begely Jr., then you could almost respect his opinion (misguided as it is) as he would be talking the talk and walking the walk. But poor Leonardo can't tell a Chinook from a global warming event.

With social media, society is filled with people who believe whatever is repeated the most times. If a celebrity said it, it is even more true.

When you look at it like that, then celebrities should mind their own business, and just entertain us.
No, an entertainer shouldn't just 'mind their own business', just as no one here has to do the same...if they did this thread wouldn't even exist.
Everyone is entitled to voice their opinion no matter how ridiculous.
Ever been to Speakers Corner in London...I have, and boy are some ridiculous things said...but they still have the right to say it.
The bigger problem (you said it yourself) are the people out there, with the IQ of a kumquat who do believe these people. Witness all those who hang on every word the Kardashians say.
Nope, the issue isn't what some entertainer says...it's that 1/2 the population has no critical thinking skills.
And for all those who say entertainers should stick to entertaining...Ronald Regan and Arnold Schwartznegger...two 'entertainers' who would probably disagree with you.