Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-20-2017, 01:22 PM

Default You were right.

To the person who posted this. YOU WERE RIGHT.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Hehe...the new standard. Quiet recreation. No noisy quads, loud gunshots, children running around having fun. Hopefully they ban those annoying bear bells as well
No no no... Children are NOISY! They disturb wildlife and create lots of poop, don'cha know?

Like Tinda Wolf hinted... I find this interesting how she timed this announcement when most people were preoccupied with the inauguration. Or maybe my tin foil hat is out of adjustment...
Old 01-20-2017, 01:53 PM

I read the press stuff on global. Can't seem to find anything about resource extraction from oil to logging to coal. Does this happen in the Castle? I thought i have read & heard it does. If so, is it still allowed in the new parks?
Old 01-20-2017, 01:55 PM

No new maps with defined boundaries set out as of now?
Old 01-20-2017, 02:03 PM

This is just the start. Trudeau let the cat out of the bag when he talked about phasing out the tar sands. With green piece running the government you know what is coming next.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:06 PM
Banned

Albertans will never have a say on this. After that survey it was pretty clear - "we are going to do this, do you agree with our methods and observations" is basically what it stated.

My parting comment was that this should be brought to a referendum along with the carbon tax. Better late than never.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:07 PM

Y2Y - I knew it!

What troubles me is that these ecoterrorists are going to get their way....
Old 01-20-2017, 02:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
Y2Y - I knew it!

What troubles me is that these ecoterrorists are going to get their way....
Because there is no counter-terror group.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:14 PM

Remember when the PC's created Peter Lougheed Park and K-Country?

McLean Creek became the designated area for the deplorables of the day - and the Ghost-Waiparous got thrashed.

The Livingstone/Oldman areas are going to get pounded even harder now.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
Albertans will never have a say on this. After that survey it was pretty clear - "we are going to do this, do you agree with our methods and observations" is basically what it stated.

My parting comment was that this should be brought to a referendum along with the carbon tax. Better late than never.
I really liked all the comment boxes. Iam surprised i havent got a phone call yet......
Old 01-20-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBF View Post
No new maps with defined boundaries set out as of now?
its on this link. basically everything south of crows nest all the way to waterton park. thank you so much you SOB's.

http://aep.alberta.ca/recreation-pub...area-pluz.aspx

was anybody actually there? Any good ol boys rip some new ones?

Last edited by Joe Black; 01-20-2017 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:27 PM

I dunno. The Alberta Wilderness Association has a ton of complaints about the Government's plan for the Castle. That tells me the plan is probably balanced and reasonable.

If they expand the wildland park and create a provincial park, and allow hunting and fishing in both, I'm A-OK with that.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
If they expand the wildland park and create a provincial park, and allow hunting and fishing in both, I'm A-OK with that.
Me too, lets hope for the best
Old 01-20-2017, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
This survey does nothing in the way of public input. It has created environmental issues were there were none.

Other than this comment section, the survey has not permitted input, but rather subtly forces the individual to agree or disagree on conservation methods as opposed to the issue at hand.
Yup. I couldn't even finish doing the survey, because you couldn't answer without implicitly agreeing to their plan.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:43 PM

the AWA will not be happy unless it has the same conditions as a national park, so yes they are not happy. also could work for optics that they disagree. the truth is probably closer that they wrote the entire plan and the NDCommies don't want to appear to close to them.

As for hunting and fishing, i could come up with scenarios that they could close those activities with no notice tomorrow. im not going to share them as they may very well use them.

talk to those who "used" to hunt around spray lakes, or any of the other parks that eventually became no hunting areas in Kananaskis.

my advise, enjoy it while you can as it may be gone tomorrow. i cant believe this government thinks its their responsibility to push the views of a few on the entire population. welcome to dictatorship.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo-Gecko View Post
Me too, lets hope for the best
the best is already happening for anti-hunters, anti-fishers, and anti-access supporters.

so if you fall into one/all of those categories, you're good.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbeoutside View Post
Yup. I couldn't even finish doing the survey, because you couldn't answer without implicitly agreeing to their plan.
I quit partway through the survey. I honestly found it offensive. The answers are pre-determined, and by marking anything, you were either backing their decision, or stating you didn't agree with any form of conservation. Fixed.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
the best is already happening for anti-hunters, anti-fishers, and anti-access supporters.

so if you fall into one/all of those categories, you're good.
What, have they banned hunting and fishing in the proposed parks? What have missed?
Old 01-20-2017, 03:03 PM

Please fill it out. Use the comments box to vent.
Not that it really make a diff now anyway. To many tree huggin city people have too much say.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:15 PM

Quote:
What an ignorant thing to spout. You really have no clue at all, do you.

I live here and see it everyday. Ive spent my life in the Castle.... Everyday. You come down on the weekends and think you should decide what happends here. Thanks for nothing and please dont come back!
Do you think the Castle will be better off with a town, gas staition and a expantion of a ski hill like every other park has? All the Castle ever needed was some police.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver lab View Post
I live here and see it everyday. Ive spent my life in the Castle.... Everyday. You come down on the weekends and think you should decide what happends here. Thanks for nothing and please dont come back!
Do you think the Castle will be better off with a town, gas staition and a expantion of a ski hill like every other park has? All the Castle ever needed was some police.
That's fine. You are entitled to your opinion. I'm referring to your insults towards me as your form of "debate". Clearly a mod already deleted them for you. Wise on his part. Try to debate in a civilized manner.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
What, have they banned hunting and fishing in the proposed parks? What have missed?
not banned today, or tomorrow, maybe the day after. read the entire draft plan. they already elude to changing the existing model dependant on ecological, environmental, and wildlife needs.

what do you read into that? i can almost guarantee that general hunting tags will disappear in the next two years.

this will be the southern Kananskis, and zone 303 and 402 is next.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:26 PM

Quote:
not banned today, or tomorrow, maybe the day after. read the entire draft plan. they already elude to changing the existing model dependant on ecological, environmental, and wildlife needs.

That's true. But it's also true even in the green zone too. Fish & wildlife changes allocations and tags based on those things. But I see your concern. Frankly, I was surprised that a document of the NDP government referenced the Hunting, Fishing, and Trapping Heritage Act.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:28 PM
Banned

Quote:

what do you read into that? i can almost guarantee that general hunting tags will disappear in the next two years.

this will be the southern Kananskis, and zone 303 and 402 is next.

As well as most if not all of the other 400 WMU's.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:55 PM

Don't be suprised when you draw a 400 moose tag that took 18 years to get and she shuts it down...
Old 01-20-2017, 03:59 PM

After reading that article, makes a guy wonder if they are going to pull out cattle to protect all those plant species at risk. The castle is special. Anyone who has been there knows that, but the government has helped cause the damage to this area with their other closures. By closing the castle to ohv use, they will concentrate the damage to other areas and use that for justification to close that area as well. What good is a park if you can't access it? Are there special provisions for people who are less mobile or do they not matter? Maybe some minority wheelchair advocate group should lobby for ohv access, or call discrimination. What about the aging public who have made the area part of their life? Too bad, you can't walk, you can't use!
Old 01-20-2017, 04:08 PM

The pine beetle came out of the states through Glacier Park into Red Rock Canyon and into the Castle. The only way to stop the beetle is through logging or forest fire. It looks like we are going to have another huge forest fire
Old 01-20-2017, 04:12 PM

Good news, no more quads trashing roads and waterways
Old 01-20-2017, 04:54 PM

Yup. Access only to the select few that can walk or have horses.

That's the way public land is supposed to be right? Kinda like some grazing leases. Access for the select few.

Oh and don't worry, there will still be plenty of quads in there, just not by "recreational users". You figure out who it will be,,,,
Old 01-20-2017, 05:24 PM

Wilderness protections + full hunting opportunities?
Seems like Win Win Win Win Win Win Win - Lose to me.
Hunters, Hikers, recreation, the watershed, endangered species all win and only at the expense of Quadders.

I'll take that deal every time.