Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-18-2017, 07:43 AM

Default Another fine double standard from JT

I don't get it. When JT does town hall meetings in any province, he will use both official languages. I'm fine with that. But when in Quebec, 'a French province', he only spoke in French and refused to answer questions in English.
Really? Why is Quebec exempt from two official languages, if the rest of the country is bound by them, even if they may not be 'French'.....what a piece of work that guy is. Blatant brown nose on this one...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...ions-1.3940058

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-18-2017, 07:56 AM

I had a wait and see attitude when he won. It is increasingly clear he goes out of his way to take the side of every minority ever to raise their heads. It is an ugly inclination as it shafts the majority every time. Not good for Canada, Christians or European Canadians. There, my political post for the year.

Thomas Sowell
Old 01-18-2017, 09:47 AM

His arrogance and insulting demeanor is quickly exceeding that of his fathers.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:51 AM

Did he speak French in town halls in English Speaking provinces?

That said, he should have used both.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:58 AM

Doubly Ironic that the question pertained to not being able to access mental health care in english and he responds we are in a french province so I will answer in french. The article mentions the lady who asked was visibly annoyed.
She should have pressed for an english response, french province or not this is Canada and she deserves the right for service in 1 of 2 official languages, and its her choice. Usually politicians respond to a question in the language that it was asked in.

Save time... see it my way
Old 01-18-2017, 10:02 AM

Oh My
Justin is backpedling now facing some heat from his french only stand.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...hall-1.3940629

Old 01-18-2017, 10:40 AM

I crew up till the age of 6 only speaking French and then we moved and I learned English,but my mother was better with French and only when we were alone did we speak in French and when I went to the logging camps at 16 it was mostly French guys ,but still if a couple guys were around that didn't speak French we would speak in English out of respect for that guy.I went to Quebec many times an if they knew you only spook English they would go out off there way to speak English and I never told many that I spook French just to learn on what I was told of these people and found out the truth for myself and very few acted like JT.If your good to people and treat them with respect folks will like you and treat you right.

What JT is doing is very wrong and no matter who you voted for lotsa on both sides will be angry over this,we are one country and respect has to be given to all as a leader and I hope he gets tuned in hard on this one,trust me if the Queen or Trump was in that room he would have changed his tune,leaders of other countries pay attention to this stuff and this will backfire on him hard with all Canadians French and English,this has zero to do with politics its about respect for all of Canada I was very upset to see this and it was shameful on his part.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:43 AM

Once a Turd, always a Turd. Er... I mean, Trudeau.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:50 AM

He's really on a roll lately.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:13 AM

He did it because he knew his audience and knew many French speakers would be far more offended if he did speak English.

I lived in a fly in in Quebec from 1998-2000. It was the sacrifice I made to put the money together to move my family to Alberta. Unless you have lived there you don't realize how narrow minded many are toward French. I speak no French, but in two years was unsuccessful in getting any correspondence with the province (my employer) in English. It may be possible, but I couldn't make it happen. When I left and wanted my pension transferred, I clearly stated I am in Alberta with no access to French translators, and nothing. They even left me phone messages in French.

Every single person I worked with spoke strong English, but all staff meetings had to be translated. Every English word had to be translated to French, out of sheer principle, not necessity. Staff meetings were brutally long.

Co workers were even offended if I didn't switch the photocopier language back to French when I was done.

Like I said, he knows where he is and he made a choice.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riden View Post
He did it because he knew his audience and knew many French speakers would be far more offended if he did speak English.

I lived in a fly in in Quebec from 1998-2000. It was the sacrifice I made to put the money together to move my family to Alberta. Unless you have lived there you don't realize how narrow minded many are toward French. I speak no French, but in two years was unsuccessful in getting any correspondence with the province (my employer) in English. It may be possible, but I couldn't make it happen. When I left and wanted my pension transferred, I clearly stated I am in Alberta with no access to French translators, and nothing. They even left me phone messages in French.

Every single person I worked with spoke strong English, but all staff meetings had to be translated. Every English word had to be translated to French, out of sheer principle, not necessity. Staff meetings were brutally long.

Co workers were even offended if I didn't switch the photocopier language back to French when I was done.

Like I said, he knows where he is and he made a choice.
I dont know about that.

"Cutting said French-speaking people around him also appeared puzzled by Trudeau's actions."

There are some, mostly support the Bloc types that are hardcore.
But Many more are understanding and tolerant of English.

MAC

Old 01-18-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
I went to Quebec many times an if they knew you only spook English they would go out off there way to speak English ....
I've been through Quebec several times and never had a problem. I just told folks that I don't speak much French and if they weren't able to speak in English my business would be taken elsewhere. It seems like most folks understand the language of 'money'

A little story: my dad and Mom were travelling through Quebec one time and stopped in a restaurant for lunch. The server who came to the table spoke French so my Mom politely advised her that they were not conversant in French. The server got a little rude and insisted on speaking French, and she said a few nasty things (note that my Mom is not conversant in French, but she does understand a fair amount of it). Okay, maybe the server didn't know English, my Mom thought. So after a bit of back and forth trying to 'communicate' my Dad decided to demonstrate his bilingual skills and he ordered his meal in Dutch. .................. The server responded from then on in English!

Justin simply made another 'whoops' with his arrogant refusal to use English to answer that woman's question. The file of 'whoops's that will be fodder for the next campaign is getting quite thick
Old 01-18-2017, 02:17 PM
Banned

i would do the same thing

where do you think all the votes are?
Old 01-18-2017, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post
Oh My
Justin is backpedling now facing some heat from his french only stand.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...hall-1.3940629
Good to see that he is getting taken to the woodshed on this. I lived in Roberval way back in 84 for about 3 months on a student exchange, and I found that most people there were very warm and hospitable, and gave me a very positive feeling towards the average Quebecois. I spent time in Quebec City, Laval, and Montreal....all positive experiences even though my linguistic skills were limited. I still have good friends in Quebec, and work with people from Quebec and we get on famously.

The only time I see the language issue being an issue....is when those God cursed mealy mouthed politicians get involved. So, exactly what we saw with JT last night. As mentioned, he is a product of his father, but without the intelligence. Just the arrogance.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-18-2017, 05:12 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I don't get it. When JT does town hall meetings in any province, he will use both official languages. I'm fine with that. But when in Quebec, 'a French province', he only spoke in French and refused to answer questions in English.
Really? Why is Quebec exempt from two official languages, if the rest of the country is bound by them, even if they may not be 'French'.....what a piece of work that guy is. Blatant brown nose on this one...

Votes. All about the votes.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-18-2017, 06:41 PM
Banned

It kind of sounds like a , look at me everyone I can speak French and O'Leary can't ploy. I think he knows he's bugered come election time and the way I see it he was merely voted in because he is legalizing marijuana and that is it, kind of like a take the good with the bad for four years and kick him to the curb was the feeling I got from the last election and the way people voted.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I don't get it. When JT does town hall . Blatant brown nose on this one...

yep call him Mr. Brown
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 44357008779319__72x108-RGB_5651247886243.jpg (2.0 KB, 84 views)
shoot where their
going not where they been,
Old 01-18-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I had a wait and see attitude when he won. It is increasingly clear he goes out of his way to take the side of every minority ever to raise their heads. It is an ugly inclination as it shafts the majority every time. Not good for Canada, Christians or European Canadians. There, my political post for the year.
Not every minority, only certain minority. As minority myself, I believe everyone should be treated equal, no group should be treated above the law.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2017, 09:41 PM

Default Father son??

So you think PT is really responsible? More a revolutionary outburst just keeps on esculating ! Remember the pushing in parliment??
Old 01-19-2017, 06:53 AM

I can´t blame him for being born an idiot, and raised to be arrogant, but the people that elected him are the ones to blame for his actions while holding the office of PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:12 AM

So you muster up the strength to ask the PM questions about such a personal and difficult to discuss subject as having difficulty receiving mental health care in English and you get answered in French? I formally challenge him to a charity boxing match (I suggest an English-speaking charity in Quebec) just to get a few chances to smash him square in the nose with all I can muster.

In one fell swoop he has alienated people who are English-speaking, but much more heinous is that he has just openly mocked those with mental health issues and displayed to them that not only does he not care, but that they're not worthy of being answered. His idiocy knows no bounds.

PM's personal agenda for tomorrow:
1: Send the mentally ill to a government building designed by the MC Escher Architecture firm.
2: Tell the ignorant unemployed citizen-minions who keep asking me questions that they should eat cake when they're out of bread!

Last edited by CaberTosser; 01-19-2017 at 07:25 AM.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:15 AM
Banned

Default Please don't be so generous !

He is getting bad frog advice , he is not a thinker , like pops .
JT is smart enough to know when his days are numbered there
Is only one place he can live .....Frogland .
I was raised in a pond in prairie Canada , did not speak English
till was about 8 , the best thing that happened to western French
Folks is when Jacques Parriseau made it very clear , if you were
French speaking but didn't live in Quebec you were not French .
Thank you Jacques .
My fore fathers came from France in 1640 , but moved to the USA
After about 30 years and stayed there till the 1930 s . Then everyone
moved to Manitoba , a new pond . My people lived in Michigan and North
Dakota for 250 years and still maintained their frogness .
The biggest waste of tax dollars today is Canadian bilingualism.
If Quebecers don't want to learn the Queens English let them do it
In the dark ! A free western Canada ....the answer to numerous woes !
Old 01-19-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
I formally challenge him to a charity boxing match (I suggest an English-speaking charity in Quebec) just to get a few chances to smash him square in the nose with all I can muster.
If Trudeau was to offer a boxing match with him as the grand prize at a charity event, there would likely be thousands of people applying for the opportunity. I for one would be purchasing tickets.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:

Gotta love it - first he's being investigated by the Ethics Commissioner for the 'Bahamagate' "vacation", and now he's being investigated for 9 - yup - 9 complaints by Quebec's official language commission - ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!
What a load of 'drama' he's giving us!
http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/langu...ions-1.3248066

Kinda makes one wonder what's next
Old 01-19-2017, 11:04 AM
Banned

I don't blame him ... It's tough enough talking out your a .. hole in one language let alone two .
Old 01-19-2017, 04:26 PM
Banned

Trudeau uhhhsplains why he used french only:

What an embarrassment.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle33656605/

":...uh, but I also, uhhh understand uh, the importance of, of uhh, speaking French, of defending the French language uhh in Quebec, and that is something I will uhhh continue to do while respecting minority language rights uhh across the country." JT

Does he realize English is the language of the majority across the country or was he just completely ignoring English as a language in Canada in his lame excuse?

What an embarrassment. (did I say that twice?)
Old 01-19-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistagin View Post
Gotta love it - first he's being investigated by the Ethics Commissioner for the 'Bahamagate' "vacation", and now he's being investigated for 9 - yup - 9 complaints by Quebec's official language commission - :
C'est formidable !
Old 01-19-2017, 08:43 PM
Banned

It's time for Canadians to say "Fuddle Duddle" to junior. His behavior was very disrespectful and inconsiderate of the English-speaking majority.
Old 01-19-2017, 08:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
Once a Turd, always a Turd. Er... I mean, Trudeau.
.....ya a turd that won't flush!
Old 01-19-2017, 08:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Trudeau uhhhsplains why he used french only:

What an embarrassment.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle33656605/

":...uh, but I also, uhhh understand uh, the importance of, of uhh, speaking French, of defending the French language uhh in Quebec, and that is something I will uhhh continue to do while respecting minority language rights uhh across the country." JT

Does he realize English is the language of the majority across the country or was he just completely ignoring English as a language in Canada in his lame excuse?

What an embarrassment. (did I say that twice?)
I counted 13 uhh's in English what uhh moron!