Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-17-2017, 09:59 AM

When I worked on construction the new hires would do their orientation in the lunch trailer after they where done we would ask "would you like a doughnut" one was conveniently sitting on a plate beside them. Most would say sure then two bites into the treat a 6'4" guy named Steve would walk in yelling "why are you eating my doughnut"
Talk about the look of fear
Old 01-17-2017, 10:04 AM

Got up one morning and staggered to the kitchen to make coffee. Turned on the faucet and got a face full of water. My darling husband and son had wrapped a rubber band around the vegetable sprayer handle. Of course it was April 1st.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
I used to work with a total germ o-phobe so I took the bottle of hand cleaner from his desk and filled it with KY Jelly. The best part was he had to shake the managers hand right after applying it.
HAHAHAHA AWESOME!!

Old 01-17-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekred View Post
I have played a few pranks.... one of the best is air horn triggered by toilet seat....
Good one! Reminds me of a buddy in college who liked to hook up peoples signal lights in their cars to their horns
Old 01-17-2017, 10:49 AM

Oh boy....

We have an analyzer at work that has two inlets that can only be used one at a time. Snuck into the room when my new, young, pretty, not so bright female coworker was out for lunch, taped the inlets together so you couldn't use either. Got a very worried voice on the phone a little while later. Being the older wiser employee I said I would fix it. Waited until she wasn't looking, took the tape off, opened it no problem and gave her a 'are you retarded' look....she went pretty red.

Not mine but had a coworker sneak in and cut the fingers off every disposable glove in the box and stuff them back in. Had people laughing for days.

Had one buddy that was always bragging about his athletic performance. We were out quadding one spring and stopped for a break beside the river. He starts yapping and I said 'I'll bet you can't even walk across the ice without slipping ya clutz'....knew it was shallow there and what happens to ice in the spring....yep he gets half way across and goes in past his nuts. Cold and quiet on the ride home he was.

Same buddy got a bag of dog treats while the rest of us were eating jerky. He didn't notice till we all fell over laughing.

Taped everything in the office down good so anything anyone went to grab was quite stuck.

Tied a plastic spider to very fine line, hidden under a cupboard in the bathroom. Give the girls time to sit and get comfy, slowly reveal the spider and listen to the symphony of chaos.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:08 AM

Krazey glue and a loonie or toonie can have some quick fun in a mall.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
Good one! Reminds me of a buddy in college who liked to hook up peoples signal lights in their cars to their horns
even better is to wire it into the brake light!......
Old 01-17-2017, 11:44 AM

Another one is to take windshield sprayer hose off and run it through firewall and tape to bottom of steering column and dirty the windshield a bit...

Or put pop or anti-freeze in the windshield washer reservoir!....creates an awful sticky mess and they keep spraying to wash it off...

grease on wiper blades.....
Old 01-17-2017, 11:47 AM

Had a manager who was a germaphobe years back, constantly using sanitary wipes and hand sanitizer. A drive home to poop type. One day I was going through the first aid box on one of our wireline trucks and came across a couple packs of condoms. I wrapped one up in the sanitary wipes on his desk so the next time he pulled one out the condom would come along with it. I didn't get to see his reaction but from what the secretary said it went over exactly as I expected it would.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:48 AM

This is a mean one... When I framed houses had a guy that would always drink my water, or iced tea, or any other drink I brought to work and had put in shade.... I would get so ****ed off....and he would laugh and think it was funny....

So I bought a Snapple apple juice.... emptied it then refilled it with urine and capped it put it in shady spot and kept working... finally he spots it and I say he leave it alone and he quickly opens it and takes a huge swig.....it took about two gulps when his eyes went the size of saucers.....

He never took any of my drinks again.....
Old 01-17-2017, 11:52 AM

I also was notorious for running a wire from the spark plug through the firewall, along beside the door around behind the seat then through onto the seat and strip 6" of wire and thread into seat so it wasn't seen.....

I got lots of people with this as they ground out through the key... everyone was good for laughs...

Then one day I played this at a wedding for a friend who had pranked me.... they were married and it was single cab pickup so I wired up the center of the bench seat expecting she would be sitting there... I was so disappointed when they left and she sat on passenger side and thought I wasted my effort....

UNTIL.... they opened sliding rear window and call the blue heeler in and he sat in middle.... Have you ever seen what happens when a blue healer gets thousands of volts in an enclosed space..... It was better than I ever anticipated....
Old 01-17-2017, 11:56 AM

So the prank my friend played on me earlier.... that I responded to was this....

In university at my birthday party I went to bed early and passed out in bed...I used to always make a big comeback after a two hour nap.... just before I made the comeback my female friend and her roommates all come into my room and she said I would get my birthday present they all jump into bed with me, and take off their tops.... I thought this was awesome!... best birthday after...

Until I got a call from my mom a couple of weeks later.... apparently she had taken a picture of this festive event and mailed it to my mom!.....That was one uncomfortable conversation...
Old 01-17-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBen View Post
Back in my university days we ended up at a small house party of one of the guys I worked with. He passed out early, giving us free reign. Being a bachelor, he had a good supply of canned goods. With a razor blade and some super glue, we swapped some labels around. Still funny to see him come to work with what he thought was going to be chicken noodle soup for lunch and open it to find creamed corn.
Gotta say, this is not how I thought this was going to end after I read the first two sentences.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:17 PM

2 friends and I were driving around "checking crops" in a regular cab pick-up. We had a case of "root beer" with us. You know the brand of, "Dad's Root Beer" in the brown bottles. Well, it was time to pass another round and my buddy passes me a root beer and the guy in the middle a root beer. He reaches for another and finds we are out of root beer. I hadn't taken a drink yet and spit my piece of gum into the bottle. I told him to take my root beer as I was driving anyways. He gave me a look of endearment and told me how I was such a nice guy; which only made things better. The guy in the middle watched me do this, so he was almost laughing at that point. So we are tooling down the road and we are coming up on a big sign. My buddy just loved to throw root beer bottles at signs. So me and the middle passenger egg him on to guzzle the root beer to throw it at the sign. He starts guzzling it and in the last drops comes that gum that hit him in the back of the throat. I'm not sure how, but he brought that whole root beer back out in a spray. It covered the entire truck and all of us. We were laughing so hard I could barely keep it between the ditches. I finally stopped the truck. He is staring at me with a horrified look and is muttering, " a a a a a a f f f f f freakin mouse!!!" Well we started laughing again. It turns out only the day before one of the ol timers we would drink with had told him that mice used to get into the bottles at the root beer plant.

That story has been shared a hundred times and never gets old.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Love-Eyes View Post
Got up one morning and staggered to the kitchen to make coffee. Turned on the faucet and got a face full of water. My darling husband and son had wrapped a rubber band around the vegetable sprayer handle. Of course it was April 1st.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:28 PM

Default Vacation Time was the best

One of my coworkers went on a vacation for a week. We located an old keyboard and hid her keyboard. We plant chia seeds and watered. When she returned the seeds had sprouted and covered the entire keyboard. Got quite the reaction. Another co-worker copied the idea only in the person's coffee cup.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:29 PM
Banned

JB welded all the snap's together on a coworker's coverall's ... sorry Murray !!!
Old 01-17-2017, 12:30 PM
Banned

Greased more steering wheel's and gear shift's than I can shake a stick at !!!
Old 01-17-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Even better: Wire the circuit board of one of those annoying musical "Happy Birthday" cards to the brake light, and bury it somewhere in the dash/paneling/seats.

Oh, the shenanigans that I been party to... My friends and I had built such a reputation for bachelor night pranks that one bride-to-be (whose dad owned a vehicle dealership) set up numerous cars around town so that her husband-to-be would have a way of evading us after the rehearsal dinner.

The funniest thing was, he wasn't one to have a great sense of humor, so we really hadn't planned anything. Other than tell him to watch his back. That was enough.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:00 PM

One of my "tame" pranks was when I was at a camp in Germany (no, it wasn't one of "those" camps!) and I had developed a dislike for my roomate (he was somewhat self-absorbed). At any rate, I thought I'd liven things up by setting up some lame booby-traps... You know, Nivea on the door handle, creative placement of a broom etc.

For some reason, the camp director came looking for me that night (he had some words for me because I had stayed out late, playing with a glow-in-the-dark Frisbee). Oddly, he wasn't concerned about my roommate, who still was out, somewhere... At any rate, he hit several of the traps before I realized that it was him who was coming into the room, and not my roommate... Worst luck ever.

But I still smile when I remember that moment. So maybe it wasn't so bad.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Done both to a co-worker!
Old 01-17-2017, 01:15 PM
Banned

I was a welders helper on the Pipeline a million years ago and when we were all at the bar having dinner and getting loaded me and my brother fired up a welder on one of the trucks in the parking lot and tacked all the truck doors we could reach in the lot(bottom corner) All crew trucks though, would not mess with another guys rig. There were a lot of grinders running at closing time.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:43 PM

The meanest prank I ever heard of was feeding a blind guy laxatives and leaving the plunger in the toilet

Old 01-17-2017, 01:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
The meanest prank I ever heard of was feeding a blind guy laxatives and leaving the plunger in the toilet

Old 01-17-2017, 06:06 PM

I remember years ago these guys would put saran wrap on the toilets, lift the seat, saran wrap, drop the seat. They would get lots of gals and guys...although it was quite messy

We used to get someone drinking a big cup of pop to look away for a moment and slip a paper match into their straw...I got caught with it once, it's the grossest feeling to have that match touch your tonsils. [watch out for the spray]
Old 01-17-2017, 07:33 PM
Banned

Outstanding thread folks !!
Old 01-17-2017, 08:06 PM

Left a sticky not for my boss to return a call from a Mr G. Raff @ 403-232-9300
He called the Calgary zoo and asked to speak to Mr G Raff.

Enrolled a co-worker in the Justin Bieber fan club.

Tapped flange bolts to drive shafts.

Sneak a big rock into hunting partners back pack.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:45 PM

Thanks, these made my day earlier today when I read them.
-Back when I was on the shop floor fabricating a buddy and I worked together at the same station and would get really annoyed with this on arrogant guy who would always walk through where we were standing and working rather than walk out in front around our space. We would place a plywood welding screen up to block him from walking through but he would just plow through it pushing it aside and come on through. So we tacked the frame of it to the table and the next time he came along we heard this loud thud. It made our week!
-caught a live mouse and put it into the same guys toolbox and the look on his face was priceless when he opened the box to see a mouse stareing back.
-tacking tools to benches and tables was a favourite pass time as well.
-grease in the tips of gloves while guys where on coffee break is another one.
- bessy clamps on the bathroom stall door while a short guy was in the stall.
-jacked up the rear axle of a cousins truck once and put it on blocks so the tires were a 1/4" off the ground. He was just a cursin thinking his tranny or something was toast.
-caught a Richardson ground squirrel in junior high and brought it into the classroom and put it the teachers desk drawer. A little bit into the next class we heard the ghopher squeak and everyone was looking around wondering where the squeak came from. Little while later the teacher opened her drawer and let out the loudest scream I've ever heard and ran out of the class. Best part was is that no one knew who did it but three of us and no one ever did figure it out.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:52 PM

Snuck into a cousin's house in Sask one time with a handful of pink insulation and treated a few pairs of his underwear with it. The scratchin was pretty intense for a few weeks!
Old 01-17-2017, 08:59 PM

A guy I know put a tube of Ambisol into his roommates tube of toothpaste. When the roommate brushed his teeth his face went numb and he panicked thinking he was having a stroke.