Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-19-2017, 11:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Gopher, please stop what you are doing. You are intentionally trying to derail a thread that has a lot of good info/discussion in it and you are adding absolutely zero value. Step up and contribute or bog off please.

Hello Dean
I have spent a small fortune on the 284 caliber and I am sure chuck has as well plus many others.
Fact is he doesn’t need your or my advice on it at all its all pretty simple; really a full length H and H case at 2.850 and 140gr bullets at a popular 3400 fps isn’t tuff to visualize even if he hasn’t done it.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher View Post
Hello Dean
I have spent a small fortune on the 284 caliber and I am sure chuck has as well plus many others.
Fact is he doesn’t need your or my advice on it at all its all pretty simple; really a full length H and H case at 2.850 and 140gr bullets at a popular 3400 fps isn’t tuff to visualize even if he hasn’t done it.
He asked, we are giving the advice. If you don't want to play, fine, just stay out of it.

I don't ask for advice very often but when I do I would not be happy with an answer like you should already know this. Just because he is very well experienced doesn't mean it isn't useful to bounce things off others you respect. At least with Chuck you know you aren't wasting your time. He is seriously considering a build and once decided will build it. Far better than the endless array of which calibre for deer, can it also kill a moose, what is the best load for my new Ziffle caliber gun etc ad nosium..
Old 01-19-2017, 12:12 PM

Gopher you have been warned before about arguing with several members, the OP being one .
Go troll and incite arguments elsewhere .
Cat

Last edited by catnthehat; 01-19-2017 at 12:59 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:56 PM

I enjoy Chuck's threads all the time,we may no agree on every thing,but that's what makes it good.No ones wrong about what they like,but it's good to listen and see what other hunters and shooters want and sometimes what you really like can be changed buy a guy that's been around and I am sure Chuck has plenty of field time under his belt in both shooting and hunting.