Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-21-2017, 03:57 PM

Default Conservative Party (Federal)

Anyone else taking note of the doom the Conservative Party of Canada did to itself this past election and beyond?

Maybe its just me, but Harper who was great and did a ton for this country needed to step aside to beat JT due to the celebrity/name issue. Along with that everyone, Canadians, and Conservatives alike wanted a change just because it is human nature. I feel if they would have had a different leader for the election they would have won. JT didn't even come close to 50% of the vote.

Now onto the future and chasing the next federal election. The Conservatives are jumping on the Trump bandwagon and think Canadians are Americans. Canadians just don't get angry and if we do our only voice is a poorly written letter or a rant on a forum. With O'Leary trying to jump on the same bandwagon that Trump used to win the election is totally stupid and will end up costing us another federal election if he is the leader. Canada is not USA. We are not as angry as the white American worker who voted Trump into power.

Taking a hardline like how Kelly Leitch and O'Leary are is going to cost us the election. Conservatives will vote Conservative. What we need is to win over voters who just want what is best for our country, we need moderates and millenniums. We don't need to hardline Conservative voters to drum them up, we already have their vote. Trying to pull American politics into Canada is like talking about Canadian gun culture as if it was American gun culture.

The leadership of any political party should be about building bridges not putting walls up. If Conservatives are so delusional that a hardline ultra right leader will win the Canadian election, we truly are a party that is always going to be four years behind.
Old 01-21-2017, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fur View Post
Anyone else taking note of the doom the Conservative Party of Canada did to itself this past election and beyond?

Maybe its just me, but Harper who was great and did a ton for this country needed to step aside to beat JT due to the celebrity/name issue. Along with that everyone, Canadians, and Conservatives alike wanted a change just because it is human nature. I feel if they would have had a different leader for the election they would have won. JT didn't even come close to 50% of the vote.

Now onto the future and chasing the next federal election. The Conservatives are jumping on the Trump bandwagon and think Canadians are Americans. Canadians just don't get angry and if we do our only voice is a poorly written letter or a rant on a forum. With O'Leary trying to jump on the same bandwagon that Trump used to win the election is totally stupid and will end up costing us another federal election if he is the leader. Canada is not USA. We are not as angry as the white American worker who voted Trump into power.

Taking a hardline like how Kelly Leitch and O'Leary are is going to cost us the election. Conservatives will vote Conservative. What we need is to win over voters who just want what is best for our country, we need moderates and millenniums. We don't need to hardline Conservative voters to drum them up, we already have their vote. Trying to pull American politics into Canada is like talking about Canadian gun culture as if it was American gun culture.

The leadership of any political party should be about building bridges not putting walls up. If Conservatives are so delusional that a hardline ultra right leader will win the Canadian election, we truly are a party that is always going to be four years behind.

Buy a membership and cast vote for who you would like to see run the Conservatives.
Old 01-21-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:

If Conservatives are so delusional that a hardline ultra right leader will win the Canadian election, we truly are a party that is always going to be four years behind

The leadership of any political party should be about building bridges not putting walls up. .
Somebody other than Stephen Harper would have won the election? Who, pray tell.

Conservatives are jumping on the Trump bandwagon? At best they are watching and waiting. Anybody but Hillary

Canadians don't get angry? To whom is all the anger emanating from Canada aimed at?

O'Leary trying to jump on the same bandwagon that Trump used to win the election is totally stupid? O'Leary may not be my choice but he is certainly not jumping on a Trump bandwagon.

Conservatives are so delusional that a hardline ultra right leader will win the Canadian election? Who is the hardline ultra right leader you speak of? There isn't one in the PC leadership race. I don't see a social and fiscal conservative........but I'd really like one

Taking a hardline like how Kelly Leitch and O'Leary are is going to cost us the election? We need "hardlines", not sunny ways.

Trying to pull American politics into Canada is like talking about Canadian gun culture as if it was American gun culture? The only people attempting this are liberal/enlightened folk who are protesting about a newly formed government in a foreign country.

This is only my opinion, I like how you opened with respect for our prior PM, but I can't agree with anything else in your lengthy post. I suspect if you have any Tory in you...........it's coloured Red
Old 01-21-2017, 06:56 PM

It's not necessary to feel warm and fuzzy about our so called leaders. As long as they run the country fiscally sound, stay out of social engineering and put the interest of the share holders first, taxpayers, then they can be as obnoxious as they want. Canadians are too soft on their votes and politicians.
Vote with your wallet and not your heart.
Old 01-21-2017, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottie View Post
Buy a membership and cast vote for who you would like to see run the Conservatives.
Ive been a member since I was 18.
Old 01-21-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
Somebody other than Stephen Harper would have won the election? Who, pray tell.

Conservatives are jumping on the Trump bandwagon? At best they are watching and waiting. Anybody but Hillary

Canadians don't get angry? To whom is all the anger emanating from Canada aimed at?

Hmm this anger you speak of? From Alberta? Cause I do not see it anywhere else. If you could inform me of the next rally or protest that is showing Canadian anger I would like to see it.

O'Leary trying to jump on the same bandwagon that Trump used to win the election is totally stupid? O'Leary may not be my choice but he is certainly not jumping on a Trump bandwagon.
Explain how a business man with a reality TV show is not trying the same tactics as a business man who had a reality TV show?

Conservatives are so delusional that a hardline ultra right leader will win the Canadian election? Who is the hardline ultra right leader you speak of? There isn't one in the PC leadership race. I don't see a social and fiscal conservative........but I'd really like one
Kelly Leitch's statements enough said

Taking a hardline like how Kelly Leitch and O'Leary are is going to cost us the election? We need "hardlines", not sunny ways.

Dont know your age but if your not 18 your time is passing and youth are moderates or liberals. We need to convince them, not old boys like yourself.

Trying to pull American politics into Canada is like talking about Canadian gun culture as if it was American gun culture? The only people attempting this are liberal/enlightened folk who are protesting about a newly formed government in a foreign country.
Funny how many Trump supporters I see on this forum and saying we need a Trump. Did you miss that? because they sure do not sound like liberals.?

This is only my opinion, I like how you opened with respect for our prior PM, but I can't agree with anything else in your lengthy post. I suspect if you have any Tory in you...........it's coloured Red
And Conservatives wonder why they cannot get the younger generations to vote Conservative.
See above in RED
Old 01-21-2017, 08:42 PM

Quote:
See above in RED
Anger emanating from Canada: Social media posts. Protesters burning US Flag in Montreal. Protests in many Canadian cities. No anger in these protests? Did you miss that? Just a lefty kumbaya?

O'Leary is not Trump. Your reality tv show comparison is all you've got because there is nothing else. Do you know what O'Leary's vision is? I'm not a fan but I cannot discount him or label him something he is not.

What is wrong with Leitch's statements? She is a contender.

I'm not 18 and I assure you my time is not passing. 18 year olds will not be running this country, ever. An 18 year old will generally vote from their heart (emotion based) and a mature adult with their brain (logic based). At least that is the way I've come to understand my own maturing process. Is a conservative any different than a liberal in your mind? Why should conservatives dumb down in order to placate 18 year olds. 18 year olds grow up you know

You discount the interest all across Canada, by the lefties, crying and wallowing over Hillary's loss. These are the people brings American politics into Canada. It's not the Trump supporters. Trump supporters wouldn't say anything if they were not inundated/baited with anti-trump crap from every angle (tv/newspapers/social media/magazines/forums/blogs). A guy can't turn on the tv or the internet without witnessing lefty anger. It's exhausting...
Old 01-21-2017, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Ive been a member since I was 18.
Tiss good, at least you can vote for whom you would like to lead. Too many whine and sniffle but do nothing to change it. I will be casting a vote, it wont be for Kevin, but if he wins I will consider voting for the PC ' s in the next federal election. Always have, hope they can get a leader to continue that
Old 01-21-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Anger emanating from Canada: Social media posts. Protesters burning US Flag in Montreal. Protests in many Canadian cities. No anger in these protests? Did you miss that? Just a lefty kumbaya?

O'Leary is not Trump. Your reality tv show comparison is all you've got because there is nothing else. Do you know what O'Leary's vision is? I'm not a fan but I cannot discount him or label him something he is not.

I'm not 18 and I assure you my time is not passing. 18 year olds will not be running this country, ever. An 18 year old will generally vote from their heart (emotion based) and a mature adult with their brain (logic based). At least that is the way I've come to understand my own maturing process. Is a conservative any different than a liberal in your mind? Why should conservatives dumb down in order to placate 18 year olds. 18 year olds grow up you know

You discount the interest all across Canada, by the lefties, crying and wallowing over Hillary's loss. These are the people brings American politics into Canada. It's not the Trump supporters. Trump supporters wouldn't say anything if they were not inundated/baited with anti-trump crap from every angle (tv/newspapers/social media/magazines/forums/blogs). A guy can't turn on the tv or the internet without witnessing lefty anger. It's exhausting...
Amen.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:10 PM

Default Fur is at least making an effort.

Here it is guys if we don't learn from the last election and get a leader who can beat JT it may well be Fur's generation who produces the next Conservative PM.

I still see that the page on self criticism is blank. The people who didn't vote for Harper the great don't see themselves as stupid and you will need a lot of them to change their vote for the cons to have any chance. Why didn't they return Harper to 24 Sussex Drive with rejoicing? WE need to learn from our defeats to make progress. I'll start; they don't like your far right policies and won't support them.

Second you need a leader who can beat JT and the only one I can think of is Rona Ambrose.

We need more thinkers like Fur or we will be having this conversation after the next federal election.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
Here it is guys if we don't learn from the last election and get a leader who can beat JT it may well be Fur's generation who produces the next Conservative PM.

I still see that the page on self criticism is blank. The people who didn't vote for Harper the great don't see themselves as stupid and you will need a lot of them to change their vote for the cons to have any chance. Why didn't they return Harper to 24 Sussex Drive with rejoicing? WE need to learn from our defeats to make progress. I'll start; they don't like your far right policies and won't support them.

Second you need a leader who can beat JT and the only one I can think of is Rona Ambrose.

We need more thinkers like Fur or we will be having this conversation after the next federal election.
Liberal and Conservative governments change hands all the time. It's the way it is. No such thing as perpetual; conservative or liberal governments. Now.........what is this "far right" stuff.......specifically. The term "Far right" is usually a liberal propaganda scare tactic. Tell us what "far right" stuff is going on or secretly going on lol.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:47 PM
Banned

Like it or not here are the attributes a conservative leader needs to win votes in Canada.

1)Fiscally responsible without scaring a significant number of teat suckers he will be taking their teat away.

2)Tall, good looking, full head of hair, charismatic.

3)Socially middle of the road or slightly liberal.

O'Leary will not pick up any votes over what Harper did last election. Some of his rhetoric sounds appealing...(heck even I like a lot of what he says), but what some find entertaining does not carry over to votes in Canada when it comes from someone as obnoxious as Kevin. He would carry a very narrow swath of votes in Canada.

So far Bernier is the only guy that really stands out in a run up against Trudeau. And even he has his skeletons that will get drug up by the Liberal media. He needs to become a little more affable and charismatic to complete the package.

Leitch is a non-starter. Way too many gaffes in her past for the media to clobber her with.

Having said all that, Trudeau also needs to keep screwing up as badly as he has in the past to seal a CPC win next election. A significant part of the Harper winning equation was the Liberal's consistent failure to put up a leader with any charisma and their lingering association with scandal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTjLSHSx6Pg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADi5rshBi1g

Last edited by rugatika; 01-21-2017 at 09:57 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Like it or not here are the attributes a conservative leader needs to win votes in Canada.

1)Fiscally responsible without scaring a significant number of teat suckers he will be taking their teat away.

2)Tall, good looking, full head of hair, charismatic.

3)Socially middle of the road or slightly liberal.

O'Leary will not pick up any votes over what Harper did last election. Some of his rhetoric sounds appealing...(heck even I like a lot of what he says), but what some find entertaining does not carry over to votes in Canada when it comes from someone as obnoxious as Kevin. He would carry a very narrow swath of votes in Canada.

So far Bernier is the only guy that really stands out in a run up against Trudeau. And even he has his skeletons that will get drug up by the Liberal media. He needs to become a little more affable and charismatic to complete the package.

Leitch is a non-starter. Way too many gaffes in her past for the media to clobber her with.

Having said all that, Trudeau also needs to keep screwing up as badly as he has in the past to seal a CPC win next election. A significant part of the Harper winning equation was the Liberal's consistent failure to put up a leader with any charisma and their lingering association with scandal.
lol. I knew you were painting a picture of Bernier before I even got to that part where you mention him. I don't mind him either..............you say Leitch has baggage..................so does Bernier. The two aforementioned are my favourites. I don't like the slightly liberal attribute you deem that is necesary
Old 01-21-2017, 10:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
lol. I knew you were painting a picture of Bernier before I even got to that part where you mention him. I don't mind him either..............you say Leitch has baggage..................so does Bernier. The two aforementioned are my favourites. I don't like the slightly liberal attribute you deem that is necesary
I'm sure there is a significant part of Canada that does not like socially liberal values, but this is one area that is needed to win over the middle of the political spectrum that is necessary to carry a majority in Canada. Run a candidate that is loudly against abortion, gay marriage etc, and they will lose. Harper understood that and wisely avoided making those issues.

Another good speech by Bernier at the Manning Centre this past spring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7m6TzW5ZCA

Last edited by rugatika; 01-21-2017 at 10:14 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:16 PM

Maybe if you look at why Harper lost....you will have a better idea of what people are looking for? I don't think Harper lost the election, it was the conservative policies that lost it for them.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
Maybe if you look at why Harper lost....you will have a better idea of what people are looking for? I don't think Harper lost the election, it was the conservative policies that lost it for them.
Harper and conservative policies didn't lose the election for the CPC. It was a combination of Trudeau picking up votes and Mulcair losing them.

2011 election results
CPC = 5,832,560
Libs = 2,783,175
NDP = 4,508,474

2015 election results
CPC = 5,600,496
Libs = 6,930,136
NDP = 3,461,262

Like it or not, Trudeau inspired a LOT of new voters to come to the polls. I doubt he will have that level of good will going into the next election. (maybe... )
Old 01-22-2017, 12:26 AM

Quote:

Yes they are angry at the USA election. They are not ANGRY at JT. I dont care if they protest about woman's rights in America, Germany, England etc or the colour blue. No one is protesting OUR government. That is what I mean. Dont be so blind by trying to paint me as a Liberal.

O'Leary is for O'Leary, he is trying the road about make Canada great again just not in those words.

I'm not 18 and I was saying the 18-35y generations are not the Conservatives you had in the past or are hoping for . I am saying with your attitude you are alienating anyone who is not an old boy Conservative. Your time IS passing. If the Cons want to regain power we need to attract the younger generations, just like JT did and Obama in the USA. Alienating any populous within Canada is nothing short of a stupid tactic. How does not getting votes get you a seat in Ottawa?

The difference between a Conservative and a Liberal is that Liberals force you to adapt to their thoughts and Conservatives dont. That is why the left are so loud.

Quote:

Thank you!

Last edited by Fur; 01-22-2017 at 12:38 AM.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:29 AM

Quote:
i'm sure there is a significant part of canada that does not like socially liberal values, but this is one area that is needed to win over the middle of the political spectrum that is necessary to carry a majority in canada. run a candidate that is loudly against abortion, gay marriage etc, and they will lose. Harper understood that and wisely avoided making those issues.

another good speech by bernier at the manning centre this past spring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7m6tzw5zca
ding ding ding!!!
Old 01-22-2017, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Liberal and Conservative governments change hands all the time. It's the way it is. No such thing as perpetual; conservative or liberal governments. Now.........what is this "far right" stuff.......specifically. The term "Far right" is usually a liberal propaganda scare tactic. Tell us what "far right" stuff is going on or secretly going on lol.
Didn't Alberta have a PC Government for something like >30 years?
Old 01-22-2017, 01:44 AM
Banned

I spoke with Kellie Lietch Thursday morning. She had called me at about 0900 to discuss an email I sent her regarding the name trashing and back biteing that I've been seeing from her toward Maxime Bernier. Her response was that she was just doing what contenders do in elections. I told her that I thought it was childish and demeaning to attack another leadership contender in that manner, especially for someone aspiring to the office of the PM. I asked her what her feelings were about gun control and the response was great! Kellie is a gun owner and is in the process of applying for her restricted license. She is a surgeon from Ft. Mac and is now representing a riding in Ontario that has more gun clubs per capita than any other area in the country. I believe she would be great as a leader and I like her policies on immigration as well as her other ideas. She has my vote
This is the email that I had sent her..

Hello Team Kellie,
Can I make a suggestion? I am a supporter of Kellie I like her policies, what I know of them. My suggestion is this.. Instead of trashing the other contenders, could you please try to concentrate on what YOU will do as our leader?
We are the voters and will decide on a PC leader on their merits, not on whether they can trash other contenders. It's demeaning, self destructive and childlike in my view. Subjects that I havent heard you speak about are
What is your view on gun control? Registration of long guns? The right to carry? My wife and I are pistol shooters and love the competition with our pistols. I'm a retired veteran and see problems cropping up in this regard and would like to safeguard our sport.
Sincerely,
-----------------

Last edited by trooper; 01-22-2017 at 01:52 AM.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Didn't Alberta have a PC Government for something like >30 years?
Your OP talks about the federal CPC not the provincial PCP
Old 01-22-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
I'm sure there is a significant part of Canada that does not like socially liberal values, but this is one area that is needed to win over the middle of the political spectrum that is necessary to carry a majority in Canada. Run a candidate that is loudly against abortion, gay marriage etc, and they will lose. Harper understood that and wisely avoided making those issues.

Another good speech by Bernier at the Manning Centre this past spring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7m6TzW5ZCA
I'm curious....is there a potential leader in the race who is running on any of those issues? Or is this just another "ulra hard right conservative" scare tactic that you unearthed from the lefties? If it isn't an issue why bring it up? Leave it the liberals to do that, 'cause you know they will anyway.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Yes they are angry at the USA election. They are not ANGRY at JT. I dont care if they protest about woman's rights in America, Germany, England etc or the colour blue. No one is protesting OUR government. That is what I mean. Dont be so blind by trying to paint me as a Liberal.

O'Leary is for O'Leary, he is trying the road about make Canada great again just not in those words.

I'm not 18 and I was saying the 18-35y generations are not the Conservatives you had in the past or are hoping for . I am saying with your attitude you are alienating anyone who is not an old boy Conservative. Your time IS passing. If the Cons want to regain power we need to attract the younger generations, just like JT did and Obama in the USA. Alienating any populous within Canada is nothing short of a stupid tactic. How does not getting votes get you a seat in Ottawa?

The difference between a Conservative and a Liberal is that Liberals force you to adapt to their thoughts and Conservatives dont. That is why the left are so loud.

Thank you!
They are angry leftists and they are venting their anger which you claim is non existent. Trudeau is a leftist BTW. I think you're a liberal and don't know it I see you're not up for dissenting opinions. Good luck on finding a back slapping club of your liking. There is a club for everyone
Old 01-22-2017, 09:46 AM

Smile Lets not preach to the choir.

The results Rug has published show a solid block of support for the Cons at slightly over 5,000,000 and the liberals have grown their support with JT from 2.7 million to almost 7 million.

For this discussion say we assume that the base of 5 million doesn't change, like a lot of people here. We don't need to pander to them, how do you plan to get one or two million of the new young voters to vote conservative? Typically it is hard to get people to change their vote, it sort of makes them admit they had been wrong.

One idea is to let the present government self destruct, this will work, just look at Alberta . We need more ideas.

Good post Rug.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Harper and conservative policies didn't lose the election for the CPC. It was a combination of Trudeau picking up votes and Mulcair losing them.

2011 election results
CPC = 5,832,560
Libs = 2,783,175
NDP = 4,508,474

2015 election results
CPC = 5,600,496
Libs = 6,930,136
NDP = 3,461,262

Like it or not, Trudeau inspired a LOT of new voters to come to the polls. I doubt he will have that level of good will going into the next election. (maybe... )

The Harper policies absolutely lost the election for them. What the party forgot was that they should be courting new voters, the ones that don't typically vote for them. They lost a lot of votes from vets and friends of vets with their policies, If they had shown compassion for our vets instead of having some stupid lawyer say they have no obligation to them....they would have gotten more votes. Instead those votes went to Trudeau.

And out west, they closed a coast guard station, further showing they didn't care about west coast people....endangering lives...and lost a few more votes to Trudeau who promised the station back and no tankers on the coast.

And then there was the pensions....some lucky young voters get to work an additional 2 years before they can collect a pension....how flipping stupid can you get?? All Harper had to do was cut foreign aid, and lower the retirement age by 1 year and they would have gotten a huge number of votes. Corporations don't vote, foreign countries don't vote, people vote and you have to offer something to the people that vote. Taking away from the people all the time will lose you votes.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
The results Rug has published show a solid block of support for the Cons at slightly over 5,000,000 and the liberals have grown their support with JT from 2.7 million to almost 7 million.

For this discussion say we assume that the base of 5 million doesn't change, like a lot of people here. We don't need to pander to them, how do you plan to get one or two million of the new young voters to vote conservative? Typically it is hard to get people to change their vote, it sort of makes them admit they had been wrong.

One idea is to let the present government self destruct, this will work, just look at Alberta . We need more ideas.

Good post Rug.
Promise to make the ferries on the west coast part of the trans canada transport system, funded via ottawa and free to travel on. Bingo, lots of votes.

Promise to make carbon taxes illegal ~ country wide!!

Raise the threshold for paying federal income tax, so the lowest earners and pensioners in Canada won't have to pay federal income tax. hst/gst revenues will rise due to this too, because the vast majority will spend the extra on living expenses.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
They are angry leftists and they are venting their anger which you claim is non existent. Trudeau is a leftist BTW. I think you're a liberal and don't know it I see you're not up for dissenting opinions. Good luck on finding a back slapping club of your liking. There is a club for everyone
I think your missing the point about anger. They are NOT angry with the current government. You keep saying the Left is angry. They are in power, who cares, the left are always angry about some stupid social issue.

I knew you were a Liberal JT supporter!!!! Trying to sell me a Liberal membership, double agent CNP. Conservatives need all the votes they can get, they need NEW voters. Your posts have shown me that your not interested in getting votes which means your not interested in getting Conservatives elected. Which means you are indirectly or directly (double agent) supporting JT

Your time IS passing, unfortunately not soon enough and the younger generation that is going to have to pay for another 4 years of socialism is going to be on your shoulders.

Pat pat on your back old timer.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
Promise to make the ferries on the west coast part of the trans canada transport system, funded via ottawa and free to travel on. Bingo, lots of votes.

Promise to make carbon taxes illegal ~ country wide!!

Raise the threshold for paying federal income tax, so the lowest earners and pensioners in Canada won't have to pay federal income tax. hst/gst revenues will rise due to this too, because the vast majority will spend the extra on living expenses.
New ideas to attract new voters. Bingo!
Old 01-22-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
I think your missing the point about anger. They are NOT angry with the current government. You keep saying the Left is angry. They are in power, who cares, the left are always angry about some stupid social issue.

I knew you were a Liberal JT supporter!!!! Trying to sell me a Liberal membership, double agent CNP. Conservatives need all the votes they can get, they need NEW voters. Your posts have shown me that your not interested in getting votes which means your not interested in getting Conservatives elected. Which means you are indirectly or directly (double agent) supporting JT

Your time IS passing, unfortunately not soon enough and the younger generation that is going to have to pay for another 4 years of socialism is going to be on your shoulders.

Pat pat on your back old timer.
This is getting tiresome too...

Quoting you:

Quote:
You keep changing the context of your own posts.

It's laughable of accusing me of being a sleeper liberal when it is your goal to dumb down conservative ideology in order to garner support from Red Tories. Conservatives have done very well with their platform. Anyway, the whole thing is a blip on the time radar. Governments will rise and fall the same as the sun. It's something neither you or I will have any influence over. Back to the angry thing and Canadians not displaying an anger..................did you really not see or hear of any anger aimed at our Conservative Primer Minister? Didn't hear any disparaging remarks aimed at Prime Minister Harper? Really? From the left I heard the most revolting, repellent, repulsive, sickening, nauseating, stomach-churning, stomach-turning, off-putting, unpalatable, distasteful, foul, nasty, vomitous discourse I have ever heard.......all aimed at a man who in my opinion led this country in a commendable, praiseworthy, laudable, estimable, meritorious, creditable, exemplary, honorable, worthy, deserving, respectable, worthwhile, good, sterling, fine, masterly and great fashion.

Your posts offer nothing more than to dilute the conservative brand. What is it EXACTLY you want to introduce to the party line? You want to give more money away to the voters, I see that. But lets get beyond buying votes and get more into what a strong Federal government should be doing......leading national defence, foreign affairs, banking, federal taxes, Canada Post, fisheries, transportation, communication, aboriginal lands and rights, criminal law......
Old 01-22-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
This is getting tiresome too...

Quoting you:

You keep changing the context of your own posts.

It's laughable of accusing me of being a sleeper liberal when it is your goal to dumb down conservative ideology in order to garner support from Red Tories. Conservatives have done very well with their platform. Anyway, the whole thing is a blip on the time radar. Governments will rise and fall the same as the sun. It's something neither you or I will have any influence over. Back to the angry thing and Canadians not displaying an anger..................did you really not see or hear of any anger aimed at our Conservative Primer Minister? Didn't hear any disparaging remarks aimed at Prime Minister Harper? Really? From the left I heard the most revolting, repellent, repulsive, sickening, nauseating, stomach-churning, stomach-turning, off-putting, unpalatable, distasteful, foul, nasty, vomitous discourse I have ever heard.......all aimed at a man who in my opinion led this country in a commendable, praiseworthy, laudable, estimable, meritorious, creditable, exemplary, honorable, worthy, deserving, respectable, worthwhile, good, sterling, fine, masterly and great fashion.

Your posts offer nothing more than to dilute the conservative brand. What is it EXACTLY you want to introduce to the party line? You want to give more money away to the voters, I see that. But lets get beyond buying votes and get more into what a strong Federal government should be doing......leading national defence, foreign affairs, banking, federal taxes, Canada Post, fisheries, transportation, communication, aboriginal lands and rights, criminal law......
Dilute the Conservative brand? What exactly are we diluting?

I cannot understand why you do not want votes? You do realize that is how elections are won and lost? I would have a more moderate tone to attract voters rather than keep losing elections and have little to no say in policies such as defense, banking, criminal law etc.

All parties lobby for votes. Germany is a great example. Merkel brings in one million refugees, Germans push back, elections are now around the corner and she is talking about banning the hijab http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/1...130507492.html

Win the election first, then table your brilliant ideas.