Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-14-2017, 09:18 AM

Smile Any attempts to relax gun laws ?

Canadian gun laws are pretty restricted .. however its one of the most relaxed gun laws if compared to rest of the world , is there any attempts to ease it more and more or it's going to be more restricted

How long did it take for you to get your firearm license ?

* im an international student , is it going to be easy for me to get one - hunting - ?
Old 01-14-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snshooteriper View Post
Canadian gun laws are pretty restricted .. however its one of the most relaxed gun laws if compared to rest of the world , is there any attempts to ease it more and more or it's going to be more restricted

How long did it take for you to get your firearm license ?

* im an international student , is it going to be easy for me to get one - hunting - ?
I'll just throw in a quick comment. With our Federal government being liberal it's more then likely going to be more restrictive. The liberals let the RCMP have free reign on making the laws here in Canada. As far as an international getting a license I don't know the process. I'm sure someone else will chime in on that.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:59 AM

Best info regarding your questions regarding alien status and firearms in Canada will probably come directly from checking with the Chief Firearms Officer in the province in which you will reside. Province specific hunting regs are available on-line.
Most countries have special restrictions for aliens. In California, this Canadian can not even buy a box of 22 rimfire cartridges. In Arizona, it is different.
When in Canada, your Dad will not be able to send you a rifle scope from Arizona ...not because of Canadian law, but because of US Law.
Interesting AO handle that readily reorganizes into snipershooter with a first post almost surely to attract heated opinions.

Last edited by 260 Rem; 01-14-2017 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:31 PM

Unhappy

With the Stasi in control. I wouldnt even check anything out regarding firearms if you are not a citizen. It could probably screw up your visa.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snshooteriper View Post
however its one of the most relaxed gun laws if compared to rest of the world ,- ?
Where do you get that from?