Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-02-2023, 06:58 PM

Joyce and the rest of the council made the right decision, they scraped the new law use bylaw. Now they can't tell me how many hills of potatoes I can plant. Victory in our county but more is still coming, 15 min city is a scary thought. I'm sure Sohi will be calling Trudeau and volunteering Edmonton.
Old 02-02-2023, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1978 View Post
People were ringing the alarm on this kind of stuff 3 years ago. Indicating there would be a war against ag and rural lifestyles. They were laughed at. If what this guy is saying is true the council might as well pack their bags.
The amount of times I have seen "conspiracy theories" come true the last 3 years scares the hell out of me. When you see multiple WEF involved countries doing things in lockstep, you know something is up.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2023, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtz View Post
Joyce and the rest of the council made the right decision, they scraped the new law use bylaw. Now they can't tell me how many hills of potatoes I can plant. Victory in our county but more is still coming, 15 min city is a scary thought. I'm sure Sohi will be calling Trudeau and volunteering Edmonton.
Already has…

https://sohi.ca/policy-making-edmont...5-minute-city/
Old 02-02-2023, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surhuntsalot View Post
No saving Wokementon

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2023, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surhuntsalot View Post
Being told you can only have a couple chickens (if your license and henhouse is approved).
Hearkens back to the Third Reich... I recall Old Timers telling me that there were allowances for how many of each animal they were allowed to keep.

One told me they found loopholes, though. For instance, rabbits were exempt.
Old 02-03-2023, 02:34 PM

15 min. neighborhood already starting in England, without consulting the residents, I miss the 90s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujEosOTj-yA
Old 02-04-2023, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtz View Post
It's already begun in Edmonton.
Old 02-06-2023, 12:35 PM

A few years ago Athabasca county tried the same crap. Had a person with a degree from Toronto try a pile of new feel good laws...they tried to have the meeting to pass on a Thursday at 9am....a pile of people showed up standing room only. Pure Mob mentality if it passed they would have been hung. The administration guy from Toronto left town very soon after. The council would not even discuss the meeting after. I feel they actually realized that they were in danger. People need to remind the elected they work for us not the other way around.
Old 02-07-2023, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
It helps to go to the document and see what this guy is going on about. Never heard of him before so the question is… is he accurate or stretching any facts. Don’t know… however here is the link to Thorhild and their re-write so people don’t have to take his word on it.

Curious about the barbed wire on farm land comment. Now where to find it?

Page 107. It’s in there. Need a permit for barb wire on agricultural land. That does seem a stretch odd unless somewhere all agricultural land are automatically granted that permit.

Having height restrictions in town for fences is totally normal for any municipal area. Prevents some guy from refusing to allow a fence to some guy building a 10 foot fence to annoy a neighbor. Remember… rules are needed because not everyone thinks in a common sense manner.

I get it. To someone in a small town… big city rules can appear over reaching and annoying… being told what to do and all. However those rules should fall within the range of what the average person was going to do anyways.

https://www.thorhildcounty.com/Servi...-Bylaw-Rewrite

Direct link to the report-write

https://www.thorhildcounty.com/Porta...%20Council.pdf

Another perspective. https://www.agriville.com/threads/45...ivate-Property Also unhappy.
Agreed ....

But who needs data driven info, research and facts before jumping on the bandwagon of potential misinformation. Not sure if this is case here, but to your point, maybe it's a mountain made out of a mole hill here ...

What are you suggesting that most people would just become immediately outraged based on what some guy with a web camera says (and is asking for money to be funded) and not actually look into the FACTUAL INFORMATION surrounding his claims?

just stunned .....

I ALWAYS do my research on important stuff and, unfortunately, many times it's just like this ....

But why stop people from ranting and sending him money.