Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-31-2023, 09:10 AM

Angry New Thorhild By Laws....

https://www.facebook.com/officialtan...88987194878519

Can you say Gov over reach ?
Old 01-31-2023, 09:22 AM

It will likely result in a change of council and CEO if they push it.
Those involved better back peddle quick or resign if they don't want to get strung up.
Old 01-31-2023, 09:38 AM

Roger that. Run them out of the county. Be a good place to start setting a precedent.
Old 01-31-2023, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Rat View Post
It will likely result in a change of council and CEO if they push it.
Those involved better back peddle quick or resign if they don't want to get strung up.
Hate to say it, but the next municipal election is a couple of years down the road. Time for some mobbing of council meetings demanding a revisit instead.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 01-31-2023, 09:56 AM

Brazeau county also used the same China bylaw drafting people or at least it was listed on their references

county personnel lack the sufficient intelligence to get 6 by laws from neighbouring counties and see what pages or paragraphs fit and draft their own

I could do it in less than 30 days

did one in 1990 that took 2 weekends

easy peasy other than public consultation meetings in the evening

you probably don’t know about the regional planning commissions outside Edmonton where they told my dad he could not subdivide 70 miles west of edmonton as a tributary water course touched his land

6 of 9 members had never been out that way or 4 even knew where it was on a map

wonderful public servants we have getting over 150 grand a year

we should be so lucky
Old 01-31-2023, 10:02 AM

Is that council home grown? Or recent returnees from Redmonton?
Either way, best to get rid of them quickly, before they get the idea they're doing a great job and everyone "Really loves them!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg politicians.jpg (28.4 KB, 192 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 01-31-2023, 10:03 AM

I am trying to picture in my mind that council sitting and debating these changes. Who was the first to come up with the idea and who actually said, ya that's good. But then a majority had to vote to implement them.

This is a council that comes from county residents and it still passed all those stupid regulations? I bet there was some heated debate from the ones opposed

Reminds me of stories an uncle told when he was a county councilor in Gimli Manitoba. Most councilors were down to earth farmers but the battles they had with the city transplants who got on council were epic.
Old 01-31-2023, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeves1 View Post
It helps to go to the document and see what this guy is going on about. Never heard of him before so the question is… is he accurate or stretching any facts. Don’t know… however here is the link to Thorhild and their re-write so people don’t have to take his word on it.

Curious about the barbed wire on farm land comment. Now where to find it?

Page 107. It’s in there. Need a permit for barb wire on agricultural land. That does seem a stretch odd unless somewhere all agricultural land are automatically granted that permit.

Having height restrictions in town for fences is totally normal for any municipal area. Prevents some guy from refusing to allow a fence to some guy building a 10 foot fence to annoy a neighbor. Remember… rules are needed because not everyone thinks in a common sense manner.

I get it. To someone in a small town… big city rules can appear over reaching and annoying… being told what to do and all. However those rules should fall within the range of what the average person was going to do anyways.

https://www.thorhildcounty.com/Servi...-Bylaw-Rewrite

Direct link to the report-write

https://www.thorhildcounty.com/Porta...%20Council.pdf

Another perspective. https://www.agriville.com/threads/45...ivate-Property Also unhappy.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin

Last edited by Sundancefisher; 01-31-2023 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-31-2023, 11:33 AM

This is what happens when the woke are put in charge.
Old 01-31-2023, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
I am trying to picture in my mind that council sitting and debating these changes. Who was the first to come up with the idea and who actually said, ya that's good. But then a majority had to vote to implement them.

This is a council that comes from county residents and it still passed all those stupid regulations? I bet there was some heated debate from the ones opposed

Reminds me of stories an uncle told when he was a county councilor in Gimli Manitoba. Most councilors were down to earth farmers but the battles they had with the city transplants who got on council were epic.
Most of this leadership comes from Administration, they're professionals and councilors rely on them to formulate policy. Administration says so, we'll pass it. Woe be if you go against the prevailing opinion, we recently had a councilor sanctioned because he stepped on a few toes.

Grizz

Old 01-31-2023, 12:32 PM

Too many unelected people are making policy and decisions with little to no accountability, sometimes they seem to have more power than the elected representatives on how tax money is to be spent.
Old 01-31-2023, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
Most of this leadership comes from Administration, they're professionals and councilors rely on them to formulate policy. Administration says so, we'll pass it. Woe be if you go against the prevailing opinion, we recently had a councilor sanctioned because he stepped on a few toes.

Grizz
Shadow government. The Swamp. The people writing the policies. Biden’s script writers. Trudeau’s script writers………
Old 01-31-2023, 02:09 PM

Doff your cap, tug your forelock, cast down your eyes, - and mind your betters. It's the Canadian way.
Old 01-31-2023, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Hate to say it, but the next municipal election is a couple of years down the road. Time for some mobbing of council meetings demanding a revisit instead.

Grizz
The next council meeting should be pretty entertaining.
Old 01-31-2023, 02:45 PM

You dont need an election to get rid of politicians.

You need dedication, desire, and the commitment to see the task through.

They can be recalled....

Last edited by huntinstuff; 01-31-2023 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-31-2023, 03:00 PM

Isn't just posting a link against the rules?
Old 01-31-2023, 08:58 PM

To my horror

http://greenspacealliance.com/projec...-zoning-bylaw/

I got land in that county.
Old 01-31-2023, 09:19 PM

“I get it. To someone in a small town… big city rules can appear over reaching and annoying… being told what to do and all. However those rules should fall within the range of what the average person was going to do anyways.”

This is how I feel people so easily give up on freedom. They don’t really know what it is in the first place.
Old 01-31-2023, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtShooter View Post
To my horror

http://greenspacealliance.com/projec...-zoning-bylaw/

I got land in that county.
Wow. Brazeau County, farms this out to GSA since 2014. Looks like a coordinated plan developed with India contractors.
Old 01-31-2023, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
Wow. Brazeau County, farms this out to GSA since 2014. Looks like a coordinated plan developed with India contractors.
Same old story, follow the money.
Old 02-01-2023, 12:51 AM

Being told you can only have a couple chickens (if your license and henhouse is approved). Limited number of outbuildings, and if not used for 6 months would need to be repermitted by the county… It’s NUTS….

Now how about if you were told you could only go 15 minutes from your home in Edmonton. You were encouraged to work and shop in the district you live in (1 of 5 districts Edmonton would be divided into). You would only be permitted to leave that district a set number of times, of which you would be fined for going above that… Sounds crazy, but apparently what’s on the books for Edmonton…No vote on the matter, no media coverage, and this should be front page news…

https://sohi.ca/policy-making-edmont...5-minute-city/
Old 02-01-2023, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surhuntsalot View Post
Being told you can only have a couple chickens (if your license and henhouse is approved). Limited number of outbuildings, and if not used for 6 months would need to be repermitted by the county… It’s NUTS….

Now how about if you were told you could only go 15 minutes from your home in Edmonton. You were encouraged to work and shop in the district you live in (1 of 5 districts Edmonton would be divided into). You would only be permitted to leave that district a set number of times, of which you would be fined for going above that… Sounds crazy, but apparently what’s on the books for Edmonton…No vote on the matter, no media coverage, and this should be front page news…

https://sohi.ca/policy-making-edmont...5-minute-city/
15 minutes neighbourhood, another great idea of the WEF. Good job people, keep electing far left activist.
Old 02-01-2023, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
It helps to go to the document and see what this guy is going on about. Never heard of him before so the question is… is he accurate or stretching any facts. Don’t know… however here is the link to Thorhild and their re-write so people don’t have to take his word on it.

Curious about the barbed wire on farm land comment. Now where to find it?

Page 107. It’s in there. Need a permit for barb wire on agricultural land. That does seem a stretch odd unless somewhere all agricultural land are automatically granted that permit.

Having height restrictions in town for fences is totally normal for any municipal area. Prevents some guy from refusing to allow a fence to some guy building a 10 foot fence to annoy a neighbor. Remember… rules are needed because not everyone thinks in a common sense manner.

I get it. To someone in a small town… big city rules can appear over reaching and annoying… being told what to do and all. However those rules should fall within the range of what the average person was going to do anyways.

https://www.thorhildcounty.com/Servi...-Bylaw-Rewrite

Direct link to the report-write

https://www.thorhildcounty.com/Porta...%20Council.pdf

Another perspective. https://www.agriville.com/threads/45...ivate-Property Also unhappy.
I took this up with a former councilor friend of mine. His opinion was , it's important to differentiate between residential and agricultural designations and this would seem to be an attempt to regulate the ever increasing country residential demands municipalities are feeling, some from people who believe since they're out of the city, anything goes. Razor wire on a farmstead ?

Grizz

Old 02-01-2023, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cement Bench View Post
Brazeau county also used the same China bylaw drafting people or at least it was listed on their references

county personnel lack the sufficient intelligence to get 6 by laws from neighbouring counties and see what pages or paragraphs fit and draft their own

I could do it in less than 30 days

did one in 1990 that took 2 weekends

easy peasy other than public consultation meetings in the evening

you probably don’t know about the regional planning commissions outside Edmonton where they told my dad he could not subdivide 70 miles west of edmonton as a tributary water course touched his land

6 of 9 members had never been out that way or 4 even knew where it was on a map

wonderful public servants we have getting over 150 grand a year

we should be so lucky

1990???? Lmao the world has changed drastically since then. Have you just woke up from a deep 30 year sleep??

And I’m not saying it has charged for the good that’s for sure!!

Last edited by 1899b; 02-01-2023 at 07:15 AM.
Old 02-01-2023, 07:12 AM

Quote:
I took this up with a former councilor friend of mine. His opinion was , it's important to differentiate between residential and agricultural designations and this would seem to be an attempt to regulate the ever increasing acreage demands municipalities are feeling. Razor wire on a farmstead ?

Grizz
You should ask him to show you the farms that don't use barbed wire. The suits are out of touchhhhh

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Old 02-01-2023, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCanadian4 View Post
You should ask him to show you the farms that don't use barbed wire. The suits are out of touchhhhh

Different rules for different folks, fact of Life.

Grizz

Old 02-01-2023, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Different rules for different folks, fact of Life.

Grizz
I like how the acreage demands on counties are getting to bed too much because people are leaving the cities to buy their own land in an attempt to be free to do as they please. But let's turn around and micro manage how you can and can't build the piece of land you bought and paid for, and then wonder why there is pushback. The government owning you instead of working for ya, ha, classic.

Old 02-01-2023, 09:28 AM

Making it illegal to live in your holiday trailer while you are building a house.
Its crazy, friends of mine bought a secluded acreage up there, and the county is now trying to fine them for being out of compliance with by laws for living in there holiday trailer while they build a house.
Denning there permits, as you cant hook up propane tank to your holiday trailer.
Or temporary power to your holiday trailer.
There closest nabour is over 2 miles away. They are trying to build a there place all with cash, not having a great big mortgage hanging over there heads.
Why our governments of all levels have to get involved with telling us what we can and cannot do on our own land drives me nuts. These type of situations are not the same as regulating your nabour from building a 2000 hog operation across the fence from your place with no approval or rules. We are talking about needing approval for a barbed wire fence, or a building a shed out in the bloody country.
Old 02-01-2023, 10:43 AM

This is why they're going after hunting guns.
Old 02-01-2023, 12:22 PM

People were ringing the alarm on this kind of stuff 3 years ago. Indicating there would be a war against ag and rural lifestyles. They were laughed at. If what this guy is saying is true the council might as well pack their bags.

Last edited by gman1978; 02-01-2023 at 12:31 PM.