Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-06-2020, 11:37 PM
Banned

Default And here we go again.... :(

Another case of “systemic racism”....

The truth has to be told, the degenerate that was being arrested was ultimately arrested and charged with assaulting a police officer, disarming a peace officer, mischief and possession of a controlled substance. this pos should be put in jail till he’s old and frail but again it’s the police who are the bad guys.

After the lawyers have been wiped out, and the media receives an anima we will be able to see true justice happen, until then we have to sit back and watch this bs continue.

https://edmontonsun.com/news/local-n...2-3120bdf7a934
Old 07-07-2020, 01:29 AM
Banned

So, people are saying that the incident that happened was as a result of the individual’s race? What I saw was a Cop struggling to arrest someone that was fighting him and, given the situation, I didn’t find anything that was unexpected or excessive force. Maybe instead of giving the perp multiple “stun” blows the Cops should deliver one good knock out punch. That way it wouldn’t look as brutal......one punch and done.
Old 07-07-2020, 05:58 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
So, people are saying that the incident that happened was as a result of the individual’s race? What I saw was a Cop struggling to arrest someone that was fighting him and, given the situation, I didn’t find anything that was unexpected or excessive force. Maybe instead of giving the perp multiple “stun” blows the Cops should deliver one good knock out punch. That way it wouldn’t look as brutal......one punch and done.
Right to the throat....hard to dance when your wind pipe is kaput!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-07-2020, 06:22 AM

This is a case of an officer using necessary force to restrain a suspect that is resisting arrest. It's getting to the point where if the suspect resists the officers will have to step back and let them escape, rather than risk another one of these ridiculous incidents. Good luck recruiting new officers if this is what they can look forward to
Old 07-07-2020, 07:37 AM

all these fighting back idiots are going to do is make a few cops trigger happy, who loses then? wont always be a taser getting drawn

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 07-07-2020, 08:31 AM

In most of these cases where the officer is alone, if the coward behind the camera would ask if they need assistance maybe this wouldn't have to go that far. I see nothing wrong with how the cop handled this. Imagine being in a wrestling match with someone and having a loaded gun on your hip.

Sad to see how the police departments are quick to throw officers under the bus before an investigation. I'm sure this would have had a very different event chain if the suspect had just complied.
Old 07-07-2020, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
This is a case of an officer using necessary force to restrain a suspect that is resisting arrest. It's getting to the point where if the suspect resists the officers will have to step back and let them escape, rather than risk another one of these ridiculous incidents. Good luck recruiting new officers if this is what they can look forward to
This! Precedence was set when they dropped the charges for Allan Adam. All they have to do is resist, take a couple of shots to the head and they'll be coddled by society, the media, and the courts. Maybe it's time that the police simply stop responding to some incidents just to teach society a lesson of what happens if law enforcement is abolished.
Old 07-07-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
2 Asians and it's still about race!?

Didn't see any stunning slaps by the first officer, though it looked like one of the responding officers delivered a couple. Easy to say, give one good one and KO him, but real world knock outs usually aren't clean, and usually not one punch. Especially when the other guy is fighting (or squirming and covering up) already. Just watched Dustin Poirier and Dan Hooker beat the tar out of each other for about 25 minutes. Think it was over 100 punches to the head for each of them, and there were a lot of hard shots in there.

Often a few rapid strikes can be more disorienting than one hard shot. The optics of using fists looks worse also. The "poor victim" picture shows up on the news, and ends up with a nose smeared across his face, an eye swollen shut, and an opened up eyebrow from a knuckle (especially wrapped in leather), and to the uninitiated it looks like another case of police brutality.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 07-07-2020, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
In most of these cases where the officer is alone, if the coward behind the camera would ask if they need assistance maybe this wouldn't have to go that far. I see nothing wrong with how the cop handled this. Imagine being in a wrestling match with someone and having a loaded gun on your hip.

Sad to see how the police departments are quick to throw officers under the bus before an investigation. I'm sure this would have had a very different event chain if the suspect had just complied.
Yeah, at the end of the video, you could hear the video taker harping about 7 cops arresting the guy, but I didn't see him in any hurry to jump the fence and offer help restraining to avoid having to injure the arrestee.

I don't know how they figure a lone cop can avoid punching, spraying or tasering an uncooperative "suspect". They should probably try putting cuffs on someone fighting back sometime, so they could enlighten the police on how it's accomplished...

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 07-07-2020, 09:10 AM

Maybe the general public and the ones all up in arms about all this should watch "Demolition Man". Is that the police force you want? Give em all a stick taser and have someone like Simon Pheonix running around. The year that movie portrays is not that far away in our future. 2032
Old 07-07-2020, 09:34 AM

Ah yes again poor poor victim.
All the SJW's will be in a lather over this one.

I think until the Crown decides to actually make criminals do real time, and video is used in trials or released to the media only after trial every single Peace Officer should walk off the job immediately.

People are screaming defund?

Who will they call when the purge starts lol

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 07-07-2020, 09:54 AM

Keeps going this way and the law enforcement officers on the front line will become investigators and only show up after the fact. No harm done to the perps, no damaging videos, no special interest groups calling foul.
Old 07-07-2020, 09:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbless View Post
Keeps going this way and the law enforcement officers on the front line will become investigators and only show up after the fact. No harm done to the perps, no damaging videos, no special interest groups calling foul.
The special interest groups will still cry foul, they will cry and moan that the police are not responding in time.
Old 07-07-2020, 10:03 AM

There seems to be a trend with these officers having to use force to subdue the person they are arresting... Simple answer may be to have two officers at all times to help prevent the frustration and or assist in the arrest.
Old 07-07-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
There seems to be a trend with these officers having to use force to subdue the person they are arresting... Simple answer may be to have two officers at all times to help prevent the frustration and or assist in the arrest.
The simplest answer is obey commands, but that is beyond so many idiots.

You have to use force when force is required. Or pepper spray, or tazer or baton or firearm, depending on the severity of the incident and the threat level.

Apparently you have never had to deal with a beligerant drunk?

Every try to reason with a screaming toddler when you dont have a treat?

Not sure how I can make you understand if you have not lived it at all.

When a LEO says hands behind your head fingers intertwined what happens next is 100% your control. If you choose to refuse orders, expect what you get.

Why is that so hard for you to grasp?

A single Police Officer is expected to carry out his duties for the entire shift, and if you think an entire shift or 2 is best utilized trying to reason with an unruly idiot, you are sadly mistaken. It sometimes has to be ended fast, and they need to be ready for the next call.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 07-07-2020, 10:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
I think there seems to be a trend of social justice warriors who haven’t got a clue thinking they are saving the world by posting videos of criminals being arrested for doing crimes and with the help of racist groups and the media they are making criminals out of the cops.

What would of happened if the KKK got a hold of the media and lawyers over the case in Edmonton where the criminal got a sweet knee drop to the back of the neck? Both the criminal and the KKK would have gotten roasted, that’s what.
Old 07-07-2020, 12:15 PM

Is it possible that the social justice crowd is trying to portray north america like Rhodesia or South Africa?
Where is this going?
Biden going to tax all the white privilege houses and land and redistribute them to the ones who deserve it?
Chronicle Herald newspaper in Halifax published a picture of the Canadian flag on Canada day and then basically apologized for it.
Old 07-07-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post

You have to use force when force is required. Or pepper spray, or tazer or baton or firearm, depending on the severity of the incident and the threat level.

When a LEO says hands behind your head fingers intertwined what happens next is 100% your control. If you choose to refuse orders, expect what you get.

A single Police Officer is expected to carry out his duties for the entire shift, and if you think an entire shift or 2 is best utilized trying to reason with an unruly idiot, you are sadly mistaken. It sometimes has to be ended fast, and they need to be ready for the next call.
Well thanks for your elitist attitude and typical opinion Ken... I simply said possibly having 2 officers may help these situations.

You as per usual give your speech so "we" the people can grasp what Sir Ken has to say... Go pound sand !
Old 07-07-2020, 02:50 PM

ken and sled...your gonna stay after school and clean the chalk boards/erasers and empty the garbage....

Old 07-07-2020, 03:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
Absolutely, for sure! I can only imagine how demoralizing it is for the Cops in the trenches knowing that your superiors are ready to feed you to the lions. How long before some Officers decide that it just isn't worth arresting a criminal due to the possible implications? What a friggin mess.
Old 07-07-2020, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Absolutely, for sure! I can only imagine how demoralizing it is for the Cops in the trenches knowing that your superiors are ready to feed you to the lions. How long before some Officers decide that it just isn't worth arresting a criminal due to the possible implications? What a friggin mess.
yup...then we are going to have many versions of kung fu chiefs running amuck

how about "turn around, down on your knees, hands on your head, interlock your fingers, cross your feet.....now I am going to hand cuff you...yes sir/ma'am" nope seems like many gotta get tuff and then all hell breaks loose....your being detained/arrested for a reason not just some random cop drive by....if that was the case I would be in trouble

good grief eh? listen and follow the lawful commands....even if pulled over in a safe area....be nice it goes along way.....imagine that!

Old 07-07-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Well thanks for your elitist attitude and typical opinion Ken... I simply said possibly having 2 officers may help these situations.

You as per usual give your speech so "we" the people can grasp what Sir Ken has to say... Go pound sand !
Yeah lol, a blind man could read what you say and actually know what you mean.

Elitist? Is that the SJW/milennial/snowflake/liberal/entitled term for law abiding now?

Typical opinion meaning live within the law and no problems arise? Yeah, I will take that, thank you.

Learn something every day, thank you for that too.

Old 07-07-2020, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post

You hit it right on the head Ken. I would like to see how well certain keyboard warriors would do if they were ever in the position of dealing with a belligerent drunk, someone high and goal oriented where you do not know if the perp is armed or happens to want end it with suicide by cop. People need to stop and attempt thinking a bit before flapping their gums about something they have seen on a 30 second cell phone video and figure they have all the answers.
Old 07-07-2020, 10:08 PM

The de funding has started in Edmonton already...Glad I no longer have to work there and can avoid it like the plague.

And they wonder why people are now having the facecrack banner

Security provided by Remington and Browning, Disposal supplied by Kubota.
Old 07-07-2020, 10:24 PM

Good job officer. Looks like a pretty text box arrest of a criminal who was not cooperating. If that guy got a upper hand on the first officer he would have beat him or worst and then got away to break more laws. The first officer kept him on the ground until back up. If only the criminals were to listen. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q28YsdeMbEo
This guy explains things pretty good.
Old 07-07-2020, 10:47 PM

With all the crap that is going down it won't be long till the purge is coming, It always comes out in movies first, then in real life a few years later.
Old 07-07-2020, 10:48 PM

Default thankless job!

What a thankless job those officers have! Screwed if they do, screwed if they don't.
I think that first officer had his hands full, and if anything, the video shows he did everything in his power to restrain a criminal caught in the act. Should be totally justifiable use of force. The second guy that jumped in immediately with a couple of shots might be questionable, but it was pretty obvious the trash on the ground was beyond cooperating.
Speaking of trash, the guy behind the camera was a special case, just looking to get his 15 seconds of fame in the world!
How do all these SJW's justify setting up a "fund the junkie" program everytime an officer is on camera trying to protect the public at large?
What a messed up world we are leaving for our grandkids!
Old 07-07-2020, 11:43 PM

Never thought I’d live in a society where criminals are hero’s and martyrs, but here we are, and now they wanna ban gun? While they let crime run rampantly across Canada? “Be a good little sheep, don’t worry about that pneumatic bolt” bbbbbaaahhhh, I think one would be wise to be prepared the worst, the media just sits there dumping gas on the fire, I don’t think we’ve seen the worst 2020 has to offer, unfortunately.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:22 AM

When a person is on any given substance and uncooperative it only makes sense that they're not making good decisions. We pay police to handle the garbage situations that we the public don't want to be involved in. Occasionally things go too far as we saw in the U.S. That said I believe that most cops do not go into a given situation thinking about giving a beat down.
I loved the comment about dealing with a screaming toddler and think it was spot on. As the proud father of a 2.5 yr old I know what a handful he can be, and he's not even trying to hit me or get away.
I think the only other option for this officer in leu of punching the guy is to dislocate his arm/shoulder or break it trying to restrain him. There is no winning and I pity the good men and women who try their best everyday to keep us safe, just to have everyone turn on them.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:50 AM

Well we just had a police officer beat up at Walmart, slob attempted to take a vehicle in the parking lot but then got one at timmies....chase to the reserve and is now in custody.....more to follow on this one but dam this bugger needs to take the long way to cells....a little pit stop and some stern talking to cuz in to court then out the back door and just to return to society....maybe not that quick but you get the jest.

Hope the police officer mends quickly and is back out on patrol soon.