Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osky View Post
Interestingly enough the number of hospitalizations and deaths are dropping like a rock now in Minnesota. People are out everywhere as if nothing happened.
looking forward to some true numbers on ages and residency of victims in the outbreak areas.

Osky
The information published from your state would disagree with you.

https://www.health.state.mn.us/disea...on.html#daily2

Watching the news this AM something like 35 states going up, 10 steady and only 5 down - Minnesota wasn't one of the 5.

Last edited by EZM; 06-26-2020 at 10:33 AM.
Old 06-26-2020, 10:48 AM

Arrow It's getting Worse every day, down there . . .

I'll just leave these two articles here ...
- https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/birthda...irus-1.5000938
- https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/three-m...rges-1.4999421

Their Stupidity is coming back to haunt them ❗

Selkirk
Old 06-26-2020, 05:39 PM

Well it seems like a good time to stock up on toilet paper and tin foil and get ready for it all to hit the fan once again.
Old 06-26-2020, 07:31 PM

I think it was the CDC that said they now figure the death rate from Covid 19 is .01% or something as they are finding that the infection rate is ten times higher than originally thought.

-Billy Molls
Old 06-26-2020, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
Viruses have a more prominent adhesion ability in cold weather, they are very impaired in warmer climates. This is why winter is flu season and not summer.

Covid has more in common with the common cold than the flu.

Somebody should tell the folks in Arizona, Florida, etc that it's safe to come out and play now that its summer. Seems to have abated nicely.
Old 06-26-2020, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post
Well it seems like a good time to stock up on toilet paper and tin foil and get ready for it all to hit the fan once again.
Just set my trap up again..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg r0w7grqqs4n41.jpg (73.4 KB, 87 views)
Old 06-26-2020, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Covid has more in common with the common cold than the flu.

Somebody should tell the folks in Arizona, Florida, etc that it's safe to come out and play now that its summer. Seems to have abated nicely.
Laughing! With New York still at 10 times the death rate you would think blue would quit mocking red. But no, no, that’s not how they roll.

-Billy Molls
Old 06-26-2020, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Laughing! With New York still at 10 times the death rate you would think blue would quit mocking red. But no, no, that’s not how they roll.
At 3% mortality rate, and 9000 a day getting infected, Florida is really going to earn it's nick name as "gods waiting room".......
Old 06-26-2020, 10:31 PM

I don’t know how bad it’s going to get. Guess we’ll see.

On the one hand, new cases in the States have been rising all month. On the other hand, daily deaths seem to be going down in a very choppy way.

If things are “opening up” to the lower risk population (majority of people), while keeping things buttoned down for the higher risk people, then isn’t this what we want? Higher rates of infection (comes with economic recovery) with less overall negative results?
Old 06-26-2020, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
The information published from your state would disagree with you.

https://www.health.state.mn.us/disea...on.html#daily2

Watching the news this AM something like 35 states going up, 10 steady and only 5 down - Minnesota wasn't one of the 5.
EZ.... The numbers you site are cumulative. 3966 were hospitalized totally. As of today only 335 and only 157 in ICU. That's much lower than it has been reported previously. Death toll 5 which is as low as I can recall since this started.
Out of 1400 plus deaths to date, 1100 plus have been in senior homes.
I have not heard about any rankings.. But I do know we are in a severe decline of Covid issues. How long it will last is anyone's guess?

Osky
Old 06-26-2020, 11:01 PM
Banned

As long as the United States keeps having a Covid orgy we are doomed in Canada.Trudeau will open the borders when Trump places a stiff finger properly and the thing that concerns me most is Canada becomes like the states and remains completely blind while watching their population of elders die off with a shoulder shrug and a “we tried”

Roll it up
Old 06-26-2020, 11:12 PM

Is their a list of celebrities dead from covid 19? I can't think of any except for the british prime minister, and he is still alive. With all the conflicting numbers and spin on what they mean, we need a metric that is meaningful to us, and celebrities could be a risk assessment stand in since they are from all over and can't all be safe by being in a certain area. What celebrities are dead from covid 19? I want to know the amount of risk out there.
Old 06-26-2020, 11:15 PM

Quote:
EZ.... The numbers you site are cumulative. 3966 were hospitalized totally. As of today only 335 and only 157 in ICU. That's much lower than it has been reported previously. Death toll 5 which is as low as I can recall since this started.
Out of 1400 plus deaths to date, 1100 plus have been in senior homes.
I have not heard about any rankings.. But I do know we are in a severe decline of Covid issues. How long it will last is anyone's guess?

Osky
Minnesota 1500 dead out of 35000 positive infections.

47,000 new infections in the US.

Blowing up. Likely 100,000 positive infections by Wed.

Hospitalizations will be key.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 06-26-2020, 11:53 PM
Banned

Where is all the trump supporters that were around couple months ago on this site? My lord I agreed that our PM is doing better than Trump and I was run over by all the want to be Americans on this site. What we were supposed to do is flatten the curve and I think we did that here. Looks like we are doing a good job of trying to contact trace new cases.
Most of new cases in Manitoba come from truckers traveling and people they are in contact with.
By the way pretty much every Republican state are trying to limit new numbers being known.
I really think the oh it isn’t that bad people need to be given a trip to states for a few weeks to enjoy a nice vacation. You really deserve the time away from Canada.
Old 06-26-2020, 11:56 PM

I think we are at the beginning. What we watched over the last three .months was a great but ultimately futile attempt to stop a force of nature. The next six months is going to show us what this virus can do. Its human nature to argue about what might happen and what it all means. Some of you will still talk about colds and flu as tens of thousands , likely hundreds of thousands succumb. Others will quickly point out it was just old people or non Canadians. As millions die globally the same arguments will be made. It matters. It does not matter.

I hope Canada can remain sheltered but as we witness what happens to our south its difficult to reason that we will be spared.

What I do agree with now is that it's time to reopen the economy and let the chips fall. If we don't, the enduring hardship will be insurmountable. It was a good attempt but the virus is loose and we are all in its path. We need to come to terms with living with the outcome.

Last edited by nelsonob1; 06-27-2020 at 12:05 AM.
Old 06-27-2020, 02:30 AM

US is testing about 40% more then us per 1M of population. So they’ll have more cases. The interesting part will be what the demographics and outcomes look like with the increased testing.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 06-27-2020, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
US is testing about 40% more then us per 1M of population. So they’ll have more cases. The interesting part will be what the demographics and outcomes look like with the increased testing.
Not really.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/f...r-thousand-map
Old 06-27-2020, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post

But orange suggested fewer tests to lower the positive numbers in Red which is exactly how HE rolls.

Still cant make this stuff up.

"At least five states reported their highest single day record of Covid-19 cases Friday, adding to the growing concern of case increases that has sent many states back-peddling on their reopening plans.

Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Tennessee and Utah all reported record daily cases, according to their state's health departments. And for Florida, which has been eyed as the possible next epicenter, that number reached 8,938 new cases in just one day."

Let me know which of those 5 states are blue and which are red Chuck.

Last edited by 270person; 06-27-2020 at 07:53 AM.
Old 06-27-2020, 07:44 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure what the testing rate is in Texas, but the ICU admission rate is raising pretty quick. It does take awhile on a vent for a patient to get either get better or die so the covid mortality numbers will start going up mirroring the rise in patients.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/he...7-1fd36cdf4cf3
Old 06-27-2020, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comaderek View Post
Where is all the trump supporters that were around couple months ago on this site? My lord I agreed that our PM is doing better than Trump and I was run over by all the want to be Americans on this site. What we were supposed to do is flatten the curve and I think we did that here. Looks like we are doing a good job of trying to contact trace new cases.
Most of new cases in Manitoba come from truckers traveling and people they are in contact with.
By the way pretty much every Republican state are trying to limit new numbers being known.
I really think the oh it isn’t that bad people need to be given a trip to states for a few weeks to enjoy a nice vacation. You really deserve the time away from Canada.
The goal was never to wipe out the disease but ease overloading hospitals. They are testing hundreds of thousands a day down here now and many positives never knew they were sick. Hospital overload and death counts are the key. Here as posted over 80% of the terminal folks were over 80. Focus needs to be 80% about looking after the older folks if not more.
It’s a virus. It’s not going away this year, next, or any year after. Mother Nature put the ability to mutate in nearly everything, including us.
Sure, come on down I’ll take you fishing. One thing we Americans dont do is hide under our beds when things get rough. Maybe we just make the bed legs shorter than other countries do?
Osky
Old 06-27-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
But orange suggested fewer tests to lower the positive numbers in Red which is exactly how HE rolls.

Still cant make this stuff up.
If you watched the clip and couldn’t figure out he was joking, maybe back away from the remote control for a while, things won’t be so confusing for you.

Osky
Old 06-27-2020, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonob1 View Post
I think we are at the beginning. What we watched over the last three .months was a great but ultimately futile attempt to stop a force of nature. The next six months is going to show us what this virus can do. Its human nature to argue about what might happen and what it all means. Some of you will still talk about colds and flu as tens of thousands , likely hundreds of thousands succumb. Others will quickly point out it was just old people or non Canadians. As millions die globally the same arguments will be made. It matters. It does not matter.

I hope Canada can remain sheltered but as we witness what happens to our south its difficult to reason that we will be spared.

What I do agree with now is that it's time to reopen the economy and let the chips fall. If we don't, the enduring hardship will be insurmountable. It was a good attempt but the virus is loose and we are all in its path. We need to come to terms with living with the outcome.
Yes
Old 06-27-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
The goal was never to wipe out the disease but ease overloading hospitals. They are testing hundreds of thousands a day down here now and many positives never knew they were sick. Hospital overload and death counts are the key. Here as posted over 80% of the terminal folks were over 80. Focus needs to be 80% about looking after the older folks if not more.
It’s a virus. It’s not going away this year, next, or any year after. Mother Nature put the ability to mutate in nearly everything, including us.
Sure, come on down I’ll take you fishing. One thing we Americans dont do is hide under our beds when things get rough. Maybe we just make the bed legs shorter than other countries do?
Osky
Your right about that. You don’t hide when things get rough, you burn down your country instead.
Old 06-27-2020, 08:07 AM

Quote:
If you watched the clip and couldn’t figure out he was joking, maybe back away from the remote control for a while, things won’t be so confusing for you.

Osky

I've been waiting for 5 years for folks down there to see he's been joking but no.

A person in his office should be "joking" about a pandemic? Really? Maybe we can blame a lot of what's happening there currently on a bad case of follow the leader. DT setting an example for anyone for anything? Too rich.

If ever there was a country that should set down the remote, or burn it? He relies on it.

Biden may have dimensia but he's smart enough to just stand back and let DT do the talking now. Every day he steps in it a little deeper. The emporer is shedding his clothes.

Last edited by 270person; 06-27-2020 at 08:14 AM.
Old 06-27-2020, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Osky
I'm not sure it's hiding under a bed. I think a better analogy is using common sense and following health professionals vs. political leaders. Many US political leaders have openly gone against what their health community has recommended, and many citizens have willingly followed that advice. The result is a country that leads the world in infections, with massive increases every single day. US hospitals are currently ramping up admissions in those new hot spots, and as everyone should know by now, admissions lag days or weeks behind the infection rate increases.
Old 06-27-2020, 08:15 AM

Default Joking?

Quote:

Osky
Two of his spokeman/people said he was joking. Then Trump said he was, then he said he wasn't. So nobody really knows...

Either way, it was a really stupid thing to say:

120,000+ dead Americans is something to joke about? If not a joke, then deliberately slowing down testing to make the stats look better is criminal.
Old 06-27-2020, 08:16 AM

Quote:

Osky
He literally went on record, when ask about that the next day and said he was not joking

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...testing-335459
Old 06-27-2020, 09:28 AM

This is priceless. Someone needs to teach Cuomo how to do basic math.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cnbc...-you-lost.html

-Billy Molls
Old 06-27-2020, 09:32 AM

Quote:
The number of people testing positive per 100 hundred tests does show a marked difference between the two countries. Canada gets 1 positive per 110 tests, the USA gets 1 positive per 17 tests......

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/t...ountry=CAN~USA
Old 06-27-2020, 09:59 AM

No matter the difference in Covid management the US and Canada are going to see very different results do to population density and number of major airports the increased in the initial impact from international travel.

Canada’s main success is do to our density and let’s be honest the main outbreak was during the winter when a good portion are staying in do to the cold as well

I don’t think the US did a good job handling things but there is way more at play than what management plan a country uses
Closed Thread