Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-13-2011, 09:07 AM

HAHAHA i never forgot bb416!!

the fight was over quick dos santos will hold this belt for a while i bet.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:19 AM

After lad nights fight Brock might retire... I'm sure he's crapping his pants right now.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylow? View Post

the fight was over quick dos santos will hold this belt for a while i bet.
And that is the exact same thing that everyone said after Cain won the belt.

I don't think Lesnar is too worried at all. He has Allister Overeem on Dec 30 first. Big test with a fighter that is an excellent striker. Looking forward to that fight night for sure.

Next week is UFC139 with Shogun vs. Henderson and Cung Lee vs. Wanderlei Silva. Should be a good night of fights.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:41 AM

UFC is the lowest rung of human nature. How can anyone watch it? whats next? a fight to the death? im sure people who like UFC would LOVE that. What garbage on TV and the money people pay to watch it is outrageous too.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pophouseman View Post
UFC is the lowest rung of human nature. How can anyone watch it? whats next? a fight to the death? im sure people who like UFC would LOVE that. What garbage on TV and the money people pay to watch it is outrageous too.
Thanks for your opinion and judgement. All us MMA fans will now bow down and repent our sins to you our father.

Or in other words GTFO.

If you don't like it don't watch it. Pretty easy concept.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:

Thanks for contributing. It's always lovely to have a visit from the excessively judgemental morality police.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:10 AM

Lesnar is actually heading back to the wwf from what I've heard.

Andy
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 11-13-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
Lesnar is actually heading back to the wwf from what I've heard.

Andy
Lesnar has one fight left on his current contract and that is Dec 30 against Overeem. I am pretty sure that if he loses that fight badly he would retire but if he wins he will sign up again as he would be guaranteed a shot at JDS for the title. Right now he pulls in about 2mill a fight based on wage and PPV cut. About the same as he would if he signed with the WWE and he only has to perform 2-3 times a year.

Dana White as been adamant that Lesnar will never perform for the WWE while he is under contract to the UFC.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
I agree but they took MR ROGERS off so I got no choice but to watch UFC now.............
Old 11-13-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
If you watched and followed, you'd see it IS one of the safest contact sports. More blood than boxing, but when the guys retire they still have their senses. If it doesn't appeal to you, neither would hockey, football or beer drinking! I'm surprised you hunt! Probably an anti troll on here to $&@? with us!

Nothing like downing a few drinks and rolling with the guys. Nobody gets hurt, but the odd bloody nose. NEVER get to old for that! When I quit loving hunting, fishing and contact sports they'll be lowering me in the dirt, any sooner than that I'll be calling to see where ya get yer panties!
Old 11-13-2011, 11:06 AM

Lesnar should get by Overeem without to much problem. If he rushes him he's fine. Allistairs clinch isn't great and he needs distance to operate. The other thing with Overeem is he gasses. Brock should have no issue taking him down and he'll grind him out. If you look at who he's beat, isn't impressive. Most the LHW and HW guys in SF, Dream, Pancrease etc are at best undercard fighters. Pride was the best of the bunch, but even those guys had a hard time in UFC. Overeem will end up released or not signed after this contract is up.
After that , if his contract is up, Brock may well retire. Better to go out on a high than get beat up again, this time by dos Santos.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Your right UFC is soooo lame its shockfights for me
http://youtu.be/Yph0dbw5Grw

UFC fighters are some of the best athletes in the world, go ask some punch drunk boxer how that garbage worked out for him, Whatever a haters gonna hate no matter how wrong they are.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:29 PM
Banned

SPOILER ALERT!!!!~~~

Old 11-13-2011, 03:04 PM

Crock of horse manure!!!! Stampede Wrestling, WWE, complete with the "malfunction at the junction". Each to their own. I would not give the sweat off of my bag to any of them, if they were dying of thirst in the desert!!!
Old 11-13-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don K View Post
If you watched and followed, you'd see it IS one of the safest contact sports. More blood than boxing, but when the guys retire they still have their senses. If it doesn't appeal to you, neither would hockey, football or beer drinking! I'm surprised you hunt! Probably an anti troll on here to $&@? with us!

Nothing like downing a few drinks and rolling with the guys. Nobody gets hurt, but the odd bloody nose. NEVER get to old for that! When I quit loving hunting, fishing and contact sports they'll be lowering me in the dirt, any sooner than that I'll be calling to see where ya get yer panties!
That made me erupt with laughter....WOW!.....lol seriously? Do you guys take your pants off? just wondering
Old 11-13-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake View Post
That made me erupt with laughter....WOW!.....lol seriously? Do you guys take your pants off? just wondering
Depends how many drinks!
Everyone feels a bit bigger and stronger when the fights are on. More than once it's been a battle. Lol. Good times on the farm. Wouldn't happen in town, somebody would pull a knife. Not like the old days when all ya had to worry about was an occasional bottle or pool cue!
Old 11-14-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylow? View Post
Dang Jaylow......I can't even remember what I had for breakfast and it's only 8:30 now lol. Enjoy the windfall!!!!!

tm