Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-14-2011, 08:42 AM

Default Any Recommendations for Electric Heated Clothes?

Thinking up Christmas gift ideas for my Dad and I'm toying with the idea of some electric boots or something. He spends 2 weeks out of the month at the Voisey's Bay nickel mine surrounded by snow and bears and then comes home to Newfoundland to be surrounded by just snow He mostly works inside but even so I figure he might make use of some heated clothes if they're any good.

Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:26 AM

Talking Heated jackets

I use the Harley Davison heated jackets in my jet-boat and they work great . Wired the boat for plugging in the jackets. Packing around a twelve volt battery might be a little tuff..
Old 11-14-2011, 09:38 AM

I bought an electric vest for my motorcycle trip to Alaska.... It is cordless... it has a small battery the size of a blackberry and will last up to 9hr. Works well. I have worn it to a few of the kids hockey games and it is great.
http://www.geomet.com/products/ionge...d-heating-vest
Old 11-14-2011, 09:47 AM

Hey Classic,

I'm not a fan of these things as I've always thought I could get into trouble if things go bad. I just don't like relying on them. However, I do have very limited experience with them as I won't use them lol....so take it for what it's worth.

They make a ton of incredible clothing for cold weather situations nowadays....maybe drop the coin on something that is up at the higher end. Problem is the cost but once you start buying it you get used to it and can't go back.

I'd look at really good boots or a Canada Goose "Snow Mantra" parka. You can find them used on-line at reasonable prices. It is by far the warmest parka I've ever used.....definately in my go to winter wardrobe.

tm
Old 11-14-2011, 11:22 AM

I actually bought a pair of the heated boots from Mark's, cost $300.00.
got them home and read the info that came with them. The battery is good for 2 years and cannot be replaced. I took those things right back to Marks, I'm not rich enought to spend $150.00 a year for warm feet.
I have used the heated socks and found them not to bad. They use a replacable 9 volt battery that you can buy anywhere.