Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-12-2011, 08:19 PM

Default Stopped by fish and wildlife today.

So I stopped deer hunting for a bit today to go shoot some coyotes. As I'm pulling into the area I hunt I notice a white truck coming up the road quite quickly. No problem I had just poured a coffee and was getting out of the truck to meet him. Said our hello's, offered some coffee, idle chit chat. He asked if I had any luck. I only saw 8 mule deer bucks, and had a doe tag, so no, no luck lol.
He asked to see my paperwork. I gave to him. Asked if my rifle was in the truck I said it was and he asked if I minded if he checked. No problem officer it's sitting against the seat, bolt open mag empty. Two seconds he was done, asked if I had any other rifles, said I had a .223 behind the seat for coyotes, it was cased. he was happy with that. Said everything was in order, have a nice day, good luck and good hunting.
First time in six years I had been stopped and I told him so, he said just must not be hunting the right times. Hmmmm, figured Wed to sat zone would be quite busy on a sat, my bad. Anyway it was a ten minute experience and quite a pleasant one. This was in Drum by the way. Too bad I didn't have a buck tag though the buggers were everywhere, running, laying, standing. Anywhere from 40 yards to 177 the farthest. Saw 3 moose, a beaver, 2 coyotes, and an owl. No damn doe though. LOL

Tullfan
Old 11-12-2011, 08:23 PM

Default glad

Glad you had a good expierence with f&w...seem to be the other way latley!!! lol sounds like you had a good day even with no does...nice too see some nice bucks..good luck
darrell
Old 11-12-2011, 08:33 PM

So where is the pic of the dead coyotes???
Old 11-13-2011, 03:06 AM

yah the majority of FWP guys are good guys. Unfortunately it seems to be the few jerkoffs that everyone runs into and then they all get a bad rap.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:03 AM

The last ten years seems to be about 50/50 up here when it comes to good/bad experiences as far as F&W and the police go for me.
I always try to treat people with respect, but a person does not always get it back.....
Cat
Old 11-13-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreya3212 View Post
So where is the pic of the dead coyotes???
Pred contest page. Lol

Tullfan