Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-20-2017, 07:33 PM

Default Need help with reloading the 375 H&H

Hi gentlemen.! I am looking for someone who (for lets say case of good imported beer) will reload for me just 24 bullets of 375 HH.To make the story short, I acquired some ammo with damaged belt(I can not chamber the cartridges) so I simply disassembled the bullets. I have all of the components, the cases, projectiles, gun powder (already measured) and primers.
What I do not have are the reloading equipment and the dyes for 375 HH.
I do not reload at all. I do not want to simply waste the bullets so I need someone who can for small gratitude gift compound all the parts together. There is no rush on the matter I simply require these for the hunting season. if anyone is available to help from Edmonton I would appreciate it very much.

Best Regards,

Richard
Old 07-21-2017, 07:06 AM

Where are you located. I load 375.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:31 AM

What you are suggesting is illegal, as a person has to be licensed to reload ammunition for any compensation . What is legal though, is for you to sit with someone and under their direction, use their equipment to load your ammunition.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:44 AM

Default Amazing

Someone less anal /letter of the law will help you out and you can hold their hand and watch so the world is a safer place after.No payment ,no harm .....no "laws" broken.Someone just help the guy.Harold
Old 07-21-2017, 07:45 AM

If your ever in the Calgary area I have lots of 375 H&H ammo both loaded and factory. Send a PM
Old 07-21-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer2 View Post
Someone less anal /letter of the law will help you out and you can hold their hand and watch so the world is a safer place after.No payment ,no harm .....no "laws" broken.Someone just help the guy.Harold
I did suggest a legal solution to his situation, as well , he would learn something about reloading in the process. I have had multiple people come to my home and use my equipment to load their ammunition, but I no longer have 375 H&H dies.
Old 07-21-2017, 05:55 PM

It's OK, I have a safe space next to my reloading room. I could paint a rainbow on the door too, I heard that helps.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:10 PM

Thank you gentlemen for the responses(the policing the support and the private messages).What a sobering experience and mix of emotions when asking for very simple favour.
Old 07-22-2017, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard steinberg View Post
Thank you gentlemen for the responses(the policing the support and the private messages).What a sobering experience and mix of emotions when asking for very simple favour.
Meh you get used to certain responses from some individuals here. Don't let it get to you and take or leave what you want.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard steinberg View Post
If you didn't ask simple favors that require the person doing the favor for you to do something illegal, you might like the responses better.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 07-22-2017 at 06:42 AM.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:35 AM

The Ruby Ridge murders started with Randy Weaver being urged to do a favor. You can't be too careful on a public forum. I like to help out fellow shooters but I wouldn't trust your powder, if it was wrong and caused damage or injury there may be an issue with liability or just even wondering if something may go wrong. I wouldn't do it.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
The Ruby Ridge murders started with Randy Weaver being urged to do a favor. You can't be too careful on a public forum. I like to help out fellow shooters but I wouldn't trust your powder, if it was wrong and caused damage or injury there may be an issue with liability or just even wondering if something may go wrong. I wouldn't do it.
Thats pretty ridiculous to say that the ruby ridge incident resulted from doing a favour.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:24 PM

Weaver was set-up by an undercover ATF agent who wanted to hire Randy to cut a shotgun barrel nice and short. Weaver at first declined but eventually agreed to cut it down 1/2" below legal, as a favor to a new friend. How is that a
ridiculous comparison?
Old 07-22-2017, 06:31 PM

It's called LIABILITY. It has nothing to do with anything else. People can do favors, but that doesn't negate the reality of living in a litigation crazy world.