Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-10-2008, 05:18 PM

Default RTB (Return to battery) scopes

Anybody still use these?
I know Nightforce is building one for the big .50's and I've heard that they are making somewhat of a comeback in the 1,000 bench rest circuit, but have yet to see them.
I know Hornhead has one, anyone else use them?
Spring loaded rings with external micrometer settings make them super for one scope and several rifles.
This one was the property of C.I.L. and was used for field testing ammo, from 22.LR to 300H&H, and has even been on a 375H&H!
Cat
Old 02-10-2008, 07:05 PM

Hey those are pretty cool, how do they work on a hard kickin rifle, lemmy see does the rifle recoil back hard, scope don't move then it springs back pokin your eye out? Seriously though quite a few short range bench resters are also going to somewhat similar adjustable mounts, less the return to battery spring, when they use scopes that have had their adjustable reticles frozen. They had some good ideas, neat, whats old becomes new again.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Hey those are pretty cool, how do they work on a hard kickin rifle, lemmy see does the rifle recoil back hard, scope don't move then it springs back pokin your eye out? Seriously though quite a few short range bench resters are also going to somewhat similar adjustable mounts, less the return to battery spring, when they use scopes that have had their adjustable reticles frozen. They had some good ideas, neat, whats old becomes new again.
In was tought never to keep the spring in tension, but to pull the scope back into batery by hand.

Well, if what is old becomes new again, I must be a real "trend setter!" up here in the frozen north, as I never DID think they went out of style!!

Cat