Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-27-2017, 10:57 AM

Default Looking for a hardworking, motivated,reliable person to join my drywall crew

Hi.
I'm looking for a hard worker that wants to learn the drywall trade.
Must be reliable, have your own vehicle or I can pick you up if you live in St Albert.
Old 08-27-2017, 11:49 AM

I hope you find someone that fits the bill. This has always been my biggest struggle trying to put together a good taping crew. Kijiji is not the best place to place ads! The problem is, there has never been a kid that wakes up one morning when he is twelve years old and says to himself, 'when I grow up, I want to be a drywall/taper!'. Doesn't happen. *Sigh*. Well, at least my son is working for me now, and he is learning the trade and wants to make some money.

He still hates the trade, though he cares about his work and tries to do an excellent job (which is the starting place for any trade).

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-27-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I hope you find someone that fits the bill. This has always been my biggest struggle trying to put together a good taping crew. Kijiji is not the best place to place ads! The problem is, there has never been a kid that wakes up one morning when he is twelve years old and says to himself, 'when I grow up, I want to be a drywall/taper!'. Doesn't happen. *Sigh*. Well, at least my son is working for me now, and he is learning the trade and wants to make some money.

He still hates the trade, though he cares about his work and tries to do an excellent job (which is the starting place for any trade).
It's about as miserable a trade as there is. Back breaking and dusty.

Grizz
Old 08-27-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
It's about as miserable a trade as there is. Back breaking and dusty.

Grizz
Yes it is. But, it does pay pretty good and there is always work. Probably because nobody wants to do it. I think it might be better than working in a coal mine. Marginally.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-27-2017, 04:43 PM

I'm looking for a drywall installer we don't tape.
Should of been more specific.
We've been a father/son team for 17 years and it does pay really well if you work 5 days a week and wake up in the morning lol.
Been through a lot of guys that would of been good if they'd get out of bed.
And perks of being self employed is we pack her up at 3 during hunting season and go sit in the tree stand in the evenings.