Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-21-2018, 11:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Lever View Post
One of these days, I will weld up my own tube steel bumper.
I was almost thinking of going this route and adding a mile marker hyd winch. Figuring on using the bumper as a hydraulic tank. Problem is I change trucks every few years and hard to justify the expense of the winch on a truck I probably won't keep.
Old 04-21-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
I was almost thinking of going this route and adding a mile marker hyd winch. Figuring on using the bumper as a hydraulic tank. Problem is I change trucks every few years and hard to justify the expense of the winch on a truck I probably won't keep.
You could take the winch, or the whole bumper and swap it over to the new truck. The same model would be an easy swap, and even a different brand shouldn't be too much different in the mounting.

I bought a big electric winch on sale from Amazon. I'll have too much into it and too close to the way I want it, to get rid of it anytime soon. Plus I'd cry if I put a dent in a new one.

Probably end up passing this truck down to the kid, if I ever buy a new one.

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 05-09-2018, 08:08 AM
Banned

Well got the bumper tacked together. It was surprisingly easy once I got the factory bumper off. I figure dodge built the truck around the bumper because the used 5" bolts that only had 2" of clearance to push out before they hit something. After a insurance consultation I fired up the torch. There's lots of rubber and plastic down there but managed to not start anything on fire. Lol. The bumper protects most of the intercooler but not all. I figured I'd modify the program and weld a piece of flat bar on the bottom to give that intercooler a little more protection.

Got a question on what you guys have done with the plastic fender liner? It seems to hand down flapping in the wind. I was figuring on just cutting it.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
Well got the bumper tacked together. It was surprisingly easy once I got the factory bumper off. I figure dodge built the truck around the bumper because the used 5" bolts that only had 2" of clearance to push out before they hit something. After a insurance consultation I fired up the torch. There's lots of rubber and plastic down there but managed to not start anything on fire. Lol. The bumper protects most of the intercooler but not all. I figured I'd modify the program and weld a piece of flat bar on the bottom to give that intercooler a little more protection.

Got a question on what you guys have done with the plastic fender liner? It seems to hand down flapping in the wind. I was figuring on just cutting it.
Well, my truck's old, and I think I was missing a few of the body clips, but I found that it was hard to clean around the liner, and had it pulled down from mud.

I eventually just ripped 3 out of the 4 of them out.

Post a pic!

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 05-09-2018, 09:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Lever View Post
Well, my truck's old, and I think I was missing a few of the body clips, but I found that it was hard to clean around the liner, and had it pulled down from mud.

I eventually just ripped 3 out of the 4 of them out.

Post a pic!
Don't know how to do pics. Could text you one. I'm unsure if your number is on my new phone.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:27 PM

Check out Adrenaline Bumpers in Okatokes. Quite a ways from you I know but their work is fantastic. An energetic company they stand behind their product. Our new custom one gets installed next week. I'm sure by AO Express you could have it brought to you relatively cheaply.

Prices are reasonable, and you know the mileage we put on. Well after that Deer hit us and destroyed our front end we wanted the most secure for the new truck. Adrenaline is our choice.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrowing Owl View Post
Check out Adrenaline Bumpers in Okatokes. Quite a ways from you I know but their work is fantastic. An energetic company they stand behind their product. Our new custom one gets installed next week. I'm sure by AO Express you could have it brought to you relatively cheaply.

Prices are reasonable, and you know the mileage we put on. Well after that Deer hit us and destroyed our front end we wanted the most secure for the new truck. Adrenaline is our choice.
I got mine built. Just waiting for paint. I haven't totaled up the dollars and cents but gonna figure about $900 añd 6 hrs of welding. Not to terribly bad considering a new premade is around $2000 +
Old 05-11-2018, 08:58 AM

You should maybe weld a few mounts on that new bumper for spare tires!!!

You never know when a tire is gonna fall off and roll down a mountain
Old 05-11-2018, 10:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Monkey View Post
You should maybe weld a few mounts on that new bumper for spare tires!!!

You never know when a tire is gonna fall off and roll down a mountain
Lmfao. Way to run my good day. Forgot about that.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:43 PM
Banned

Bumper is all done. All in with the exchange rate, some other $100 customs bill, bead blasted and armour coated $1600. I didn’t factor in my time or my welder.