Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-18-2017, 08:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash8 View Post
They found it yesterday and made an arrest. Some looser was sleeping in it, It had Newfoundland plates on it. They found it in South Edmonton. Its been gutted, no stereo, cb, monitoring system, programmer. I lost a rifle in the ordeal as well, it was locked up behind the back seat, gone. They tore all the fender flares and aluminum off of it, led light bar, cut a bunch of wires under the dash and so on. The back seat was full of food, baby items like a car seat and toys as well as blankets clothing and of course drug paraphernalia and addiction support info. Its all up to the adjusters now, fingers crossed that it can be fixed. Im not sure about he mechanical yet. it still needs to go to the shop for assessment. Thank you everyone for your comments and concerns.
Hope it's written off.
I had the same experience years ago...a Dodge that was stolen out of my garage and found 3 weeks later on a reservation...stripped of many of the easily removed parts.
The insurance company decided it could be fixed.
But the fine fellows who had if for those three weeks had literally run the crap out of it and it had an engine knock that was not there before it was stolen.
Even had my mechanic provide a letter that stated at the last oil change done about a month before it was stolen the engine was fine.
The insurance companies take...it had 110000 km on it...it would not be out of the norm to have an engine knock at that mileage, so they would not pay for an engine rebuild.
They fixed all the bodywork and such up just fine...but after a couple of months of it burning a litre of oil every 800km I sold it.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:05 AM

Buddy got his back and a while later his wife while vacume at the car wash found a needle. Will not go in the truck or allow the kids in so it was sold off at a very low price. If they found drugs in the truck fight for a settlement do not keep it.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:05 PM

Too bad the meth heads didn't hit a big tree at about 180 km/hr. I can't imagine what their kid is going through.

Gerry Burnie
Old 08-19-2017, 05:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
I feel bad for the kid whose car seat and toys were in there.
x 8745 !!!
Old 08-19-2017, 08:55 AM

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2017, 02:36 PM

My cousins kid just had his truck stolen off the farm this morning, Wetaskiwin area. He was home too. He in the house, truck in the shop. Brutal brazen scum.
Old 08-19-2017, 02:41 PM

Need to resort to old aboriginal tactics. The Australian aboriginals, when they found goldminers in there territory. They would break there legs/arms so they could not escape. Then kept them alive until they were hungry. True story.

Cannibals and Gold
July 19, 2017

The Merkin killed an untold number of prospectors, eating many of them.

Their favorite fare however was Chinese flesh which they described as ‘long pig’. They found it far more palatable than European flesh and this may have had something to do with the fact that the Chinese lived mainly on a vegetable diet supplemented with fish, whereas the Europeans subsisted on mostly bully beef and damper.

No one will ever know how many prospectors were killed by the Merkin but some of the tales that came out of the wilderness at that time were enough to chill the blood of the bravest men.

Meat quickly spoiled in the tropics but the Merkin had an ingenious way of combating that problem. Capturing their prey alive, they would break the arms and legs of their hapless victims rendering them incapable of escape and thus keeping them as a living larder.

This practice was not known about until two brothers were captured and one was forced to watch as the other was killed and thrown upon the fire before being devoured.

Read More

Tags:
mining
gold
cannibals
Australia
Old 08-27-2017, 08:00 PM

That sucks!