Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-18-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBT View Post
I think we all should respect the recommendations of the Alberta Guide to Sportfishing Regulations in regards to proper fish handling.
http://www.albertaregulations.ca/fis...pful-info.html
Our tax and license moneys are going towards educating people on the proper way to handle fish but I feel this board is helping take a couple steps back by patting people on the back for their poor handling skills.
We need to look forward and protect what we have for the future. Not look back at the good old days. It was the good old days that has forced the protection of the Bull Trout.
I recommend the Moderators remove photos that are posted that don’t meet the recommendations in the Alberta Guide to Sportfishing Regulations.
Respect the resource and the resource will provide us enjoyment for centuries to come.
X2, very well said.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:50 PM

Well said BBT. I whole heartedly agree. I second that motion. I'm new to fishing and I have learned both GOOD and BAD techniques from this forum. Lets try and not be hypocrites by preaching then posting horrible handling pictures. We are all guilty at some point but some pics are blatantly wrong and I believe the moderators should be the first to set an example. ( I may be suspended but I can sleep at night at least ) Hats off to more great fish stories...........and proper pics. Later........
Old 09-19-2013, 03:42 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
I think we all should respect the recommendations of the Alberta Guide to Sportfishing Regulations in regards to proper fish handling.
Our tax and license moneys are going towards educating people on the proper way to handle fish but I feel this board is helping take a couple steps back by patting people on the back for their poor handling skills.
We need to look forward and protect what we have for the future. Not look back at the good old days. It was the good old days that has forced the protection of the Bull Trout.
I recommend the Moderators remove photos that are posted that don’t meet the recommendations in the Alberta Guide to Sportfishing Regulations.
Respect the resource and the resource will provide us enjoyment for centuries to come.

You are joking I hope.

Remove photos that don't meet who's interpretation of what the regulations recommend?

It is you the members who hold the torch when it comes to educating other members, you dropped that torch so it has been taken away from you.

Ever since the opening of this site you have had the opportunity to educate when you believed someone was not handling a fish in a way that would increase survival rates.

But far too many took the opportunity to be insulting, condescending and downright rude. That is not educating people, that is abusing people.

And that is why this rule exists.

This site lives or dies by the actions and words of it's members.

You want it to improve, then look in the mirror. What can you do to make things better?

Can you not feed the trolls? Can you be civil when you are angry? Can you let people have their own opinions?

Each and every one of us have a part in whether this site lives or dies.
As a moderator I can assure you, my best efforts will not make it happen.

As a team, us moderators can not make it happen.

There are eight moderators and 44,000 members.

I am lucky if I can spend an hour a day moderating this site.
In that time I have to answer PMs, look for violations on 136,971 threads containing 1,887,098 posts and respond to anywhere from 2 to 50+ complaints a day.
I have to delete dead threads in the buy sell section, sometimes as many as 100 or more a day. I have to try to intervene to keep one or more threads from going off the track and I have to boot up to a dozen Spammers a day.

And you want me and the others to find every last instance of poor fish handling techniques.

Let me ask you, are you willing to take full and sole responsibility for policing all fishing photos? Do you have the time it would take to find every last one? Are you prepared to become the most hated individual in AOs history?

There could be an opening there for the right person.
Just keep in mind, no matter what you do, someone is going to complain.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 09-20-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornce View Post
Extremely well said. Unless we monitor proper fish handling habits and educate others in respectable ways to handle fish our sport is in jeopardy. We all need to be stewards of the sport.
There is a HUGE difference between educating members on fishing handling techniques, and the usual drivel that comes from some of the members - usually being, "well that fish is dead", "too bad that fish won't live to see another day", "I can't believe you're so stupid and don't know how to properly handle a fish". That is what is usually said, and those comment educate no one on fish handling techniques.

Not too mention that a photo doesn't tell the whole story and most times neither does the 'report' given to go with the picture. People that were not there, don't know whether the fish was kept or not (which usually stirs up a whole different crap storm on here...). If the fish is kept, who the hell cares how it's handled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
You are joking I hope.

Remove photos that don't meet who's interpretation of what the regulations recommend?

It is you the members who hold the torch when it comes to educating other members, you dropped that torch so it has been taken away from you.

Ever since the opening of this site you have had the opportunity to educate when you believed someone was not handling a fish in a way that would increase survival rates.

But far too many took the opportunity to be insulting, condescending and downright rude. That is not educating people, that is abusing people.

You want it to improve, then look in the mirror. What can you do to make things better?

Can you not feed the trolls? Can you be civil when you are angry? Can you let people have their own opinions?

In that time I have to answer PMs, look for violations on 136,971 threads containing 1,887,098 posts and respond to anywhere from 2 to 50+ complaints a day.
I have to delete dead threads in the buy sell section, sometimes as many as 100 or more a day. I have to try to intervene to keep one or more threads from going off the track and I have to boot up to a dozen Spammers a day.

And you want me and the others to find every last instance of poor fish handling techniques.

Let me ask you, are you willing to take full and sole responsibility for policing all fishing photos? Do you have the time it would take to find every last one? Are you prepared to become the most hated individual in AOs history?

So much win in this post!

Last edited by MoFugger21; 09-20-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
Moderators - slow clap...........

Dodger.
X2!
Old 01-16-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
You are joking I hope.

Literally dead on. No matter who you're dealing with if its grown men or women, people are always going to find the time to complain and think that their rude and negative comments will change the world.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:29 PM

The moderator's are finally sick of what a lot of members have given up on. This site is in severe distress because of what the moderators are talking about. There is hardly ever a picture that is posted without someone running to jump the gun and assume the catch is : improperly handled, illegally caught, over the limit and in a restricted water. I am a member of several other fishing sites - this is the only one where this happens. Good for AO for finally taking a stand, this site is almost ruined because of the Paul Blart fish cops who feel the need to speak there small minds.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spopadyn View Post
The moderator's are finally sick of what a lot of members have given up on. This site is in severe distress because of what the moderators are talking about. There is hardly ever a picture that is posted without someone running to jump the gun and assume the catch is : improperly handled, illegally caught, over the limit and in a restricted water. I am a member of several other fishing sites - this is the only one where this happens. Good for AO for finally taking a stand, this site is almost ruined because of the Paul Blart fish cops who feel the need to speak there small minds.
Absolutely,

Thank god I am friends with Wayne on Facebook to see all his pics...His stories and pictures are what I miss on here....As well as everyone else's pics too....Specks always has great snap shots and they are great to see...

As for my pics, It has been hard to get out lately and not much to show for it....Don't get me wrong, I am catching fish but some are not pic worthy....LOL
Old 10-23-2014, 09:05 PM

Default Not a Picture, but still fun :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNSmLm7LhjU

Stonefly Fishing on the Bow
Old 12-26-2014, 02:45 PM

IS there step by step instructions on posting pictures? I have some pic's on photo bucket but when I try to post them they don't show up. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Sonny Covin
Old 12-26-2014, 02:47 PM
Banned

Excellent!
Old 01-11-2016, 08:39 PM
Banned

Hello new here. How does one post pics
I have some hard water pics would love to share
Old 05-01-2016, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
Over time, we have seen a significant drop in members posting pictures due to a select few that feel the need to chastise, belittle or troll posts. Let us be the first to say that comments as such is N O T welcome and moving forward will NOT be tolerated. It is totally unacceptable, so be forewarned, we are NOT taking this lightly folks.

First kick at the cat for those who decide they know better will be instantly suspended, NO warnings, NO infractions, SUSPENDED! If this happens a second time, then we have the option to permanently banning. For those who are already treading on thin ice, we will go right to option #2.

It is a sad day that we as outdoorsmen cant share in the passion of the outdoors that we so love, be able to share in the camaraderie, journey and the excitement of the fruits of our labor. We all hope you will take this for a test drive and we encourage ALL our membership to take the leap of faith. If you as members see comments that do not share in the intent of the Ops post or decide to derail another great thread, report it if we don't see it first.

Hoping this is a big step in the right direction, now lets see those pictures
Everytime i try to upload pictures the upload fails
Old 01-02-2017, 06:52 PM

I find the easiest way is through your smartphone get a Tapatalk account free pictures easy peasy

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2017, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofinoguy View Post
Everytime i try to upload pictures the upload fails
i have the same problem
Old 12-13-2017, 07:15 PM

Can someone show me hot to post
Old 08-25-2018, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish99 View Post
i have the same problem
any help in loading pictures ?
Old 02-04-2019, 09:58 PM

Default Fish pics

Who else is avid fishermen...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160319_172645 (1).jpg (44.8 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1546390569634.jpg (22.0 KB, 87 views)
Old 09-02-2019, 11:15 AM

Default North sask river walley catch

Caught this. Bute of a walleye yesterday sept 1st on the sask river just west of whitney lake. 31 inches 12 lbs 1 oz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 34123599-A0E5-47EA-88D5-F03D31212E0C.jpg (22.3 KB, 81 views)
Old 09-16-2022, 10:47 AM

Last edited by Lastcast; 09-16-2022 at 10:54 AM.