Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 01-18-2009, 07:19 PM

Default Got my new bow today!

Went to Jim Bows and picked up a new 09 razer egde bow. It shoots pretty good. I'm just getting into bowhunting and thinking I will have a ton of fun.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:57 PM

Great bow Hunter10...practise practise....
Old 01-18-2009, 08:15 PM

Thumbs up Nice

Looks Good Practice LOts And Take Your Time You Will Be An Ace before you know it
Old 01-18-2009, 08:58 PM

thanks, sure will try. trying to get my dad to set a little shoot for me in the basement.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:21 PM

Atta boy! Sweet unit. Be sure to have your Dad touch base with me and we'll fling some arrows with it. Talk soon.

Tree
Old 01-18-2009, 09:50 PM

Cool man!!! Great feeling. I have a pic of me when I was 11 or 12 getting my first bow....was VERY excited....

Main bit of advice I can give you is try to build good form (stance, grip, etc) from the start and be consistent. The more consistent you are, the better you will shoot. Also....make sure you dont 'over-practice' and when you start feeling tired just stop shooting. This might only be after a few arrows some days in the beginning....

Good luck man!
Old 01-19-2009, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
Cool man!!! Great feeling. I have a pic of me when I was 11 or 12 getting my first bow....was VERY excited....

Main bit of advice I can give you is try to build good form (stance, grip, etc) from the start and be consistent. The more consistent you are, the better you will shoot. Also....make sure you dont 'over-practice' and when you start feeling tired just stop shooting. This might only be after a few arrows some days in the beginning....

Good luck man!
Yeah, I shot about 20 arrows yesturday and couldn't pull back anymore. But right now i only have it at 35 pounds just so i get it.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post

Good luck man!
x2