Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2010, 08:52 PM

Default !!!Strange encounter with coyote!!!

Hello everyone!

The other day my grandfather was out running the old honey wagon and saw a coyote out side of my yard. Now I was at work . he disposed of the sewage and on the return trip noticed the coyote hadn't gone far or shied at his pressence in this loud dasterly truck. So with a bit of curiosity and stupidity he decided to take a closer look. He shut the truck off and got out approx 100yds away from the coyote. Now understand there is serious bush around my place I live at a lake year round. the coyote didnt as much as look into the bush he just sat there with out any aggression. Being odd behavior for a coyote . he thought either this coyote is hurt or rabid. Gramps reached into the truck and grabbed a 3 foot cheater bar he had roaming around in the cab and started towards the coyote at a slow but steady pace meanwhile talking to it. He got to within 5 steps before the coyote even looked at him. then the mood switched to aggressive. with a quick blow to the head the coyote succumed to its injuries. After I returned Home from work, my grandfather came by with this outrageous story about this damn coyote which I found a little hard to believe at first until I seen the evidence of the coyote later that evening. After a thorough examination of the spine and legs and hips I believe this animal was fairly healthy! certainly was not injured!

Am I the only one who finds this strange? Is there anybody else out there who has had similiar occurences with coyotes? Is this lack of fear to Humans caused by over population or hungar?

Please share if you have a story that relates to this. Even if it is a strange encounter with another wild animal, Please share!

Thanks
Linton Weikle

Am I the only 1