Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-25-2019, 10:02 AM

Default Plastisol Question

Hello guys and gals, I've recently gotten into pouring my own swim baits and am having an awesome time with it. I've bought a few molds as well have made some molds myself out of fiberglass resin and plaster of paris. It's a blasty!

I was just wondering where a guy could get plastisol from in the Calgary area? I've searched all over the interwebs to no avail. I bought a gallon off ebay just to get a taste and now that I'm hooked i want more but the shipping and American dollar exchange is killer. I live in medicine hat and travel to Calgary often so I'm hoping to find a place there that sells it.

Thanks for the help
Old 08-25-2019, 10:25 AM

Likely tough to find in Alberta but there is options in Canada

I don’t pour soft plastics but plan to start this winter. I do build crankbaits and have seen plastisol( Alumilite brand for sure) for sale through one of the suppliers I use
Old 08-25-2019, 01:17 PM

Amazon.ca carries it.
Old 08-25-2019, 03:03 PM

I am fully aware that Amazon and ebay sell it as that is where I get it from currently. What I am looking to avoid is the high cost of shipping/dollar exchange. I'm pretty sure that 100 bucks per gallon is a tad high.

Thanks for the help though
Old 08-25-2019, 03:11 PM

Plastic world in Toronto sells plastisol (Alumilite brand) it’s not Alberta but not US shipping or duty
Old 08-25-2019, 03:27 PM

Lure making.com is another and you could also try bass magnet both in Ontario
Old 08-25-2019, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Plastic world in Toronto sells plastisol (Alumilite brand) it’s not Alberta but not US shipping or duty
I did see that the other day. I'm really debating on getting the 5 gallon pail as that would make the shipping worth it but I'm not sure if I'm going to like it. The shipping on a gallon is pretty high so that's why I'm leaning towards the 5gal pail. I may have to order the 32oz bottle and try it out. At least the high shipping is justified by the speed of it. 3 days is better than paying the same for 2-3 weeks.
Old 08-25-2019, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-Taco View Post
I am fully aware that Amazon and ebay sell it as that is where I get it from currently. What I am looking to avoid is the high cost of shipping/dollar exchange. I'm pretty sure that 100 bucks per gallon is a tad high.

Thanks for the help though
Sorry buddy , my mind reading skills have been a little off lately, I wasn't fully aware that you were fully aware , good luck in your search.
By the way Amazon.ca is in Canadian funds and any product you by in Canada you get the pleasure of the short Canadian dollar. I don't care if you buy it at Canadian tire. But I'm sure you are "fully aware" of that too