Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-15-2018, 10:21 AM

Well said happy honker.
Last two days spent driving on they Yellowhead. Guys just don't want to slow down. Left lane is their own private speedway. More and more I desire to see these guys educated.
They continually interfere with the safe flow of traffic. Maybe there should be a snitch line, 3 calls with the license plate number from 3 separate sources and the speeding operator takes driving test, a defensive driving course, and sits in on an air brake course to see what semi drivers have to put up with, and attend fatal accident scenes. If that doesn't smarten up the driver and he gets 3 more then a heavy fine or 30 days impounding of the vehicle.
I can see where a speeder can provide a good reason for driving fast but it should be a rarity to see someone speeding, not 20 percent of the traffic.
You guys that speed are an absolute menace on the highway.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
Always wondered. Do the police actually use the dash cam as evidence? I thought I read in the news the other day that they do not or cannot.
They absolutely do, provided there is GPS enabled, speed shown, time and date. For parking incidents they are not as picky.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 11-15-2018, 10:32 AM

I spend a lot time on the Yellowhead trying to pass a slow moving turnip truck can be a challenge with the speeders in the left lane. There should be a law to stay in the right lane unless passing but it wouldn't work because if the jerk's speeding don't care about speed why would they care about lanes.

If I have to pass I safely take control of the passing lane not by jumping in front of the jerk just placid driving if I end up with a brush guard 5' off my back bumper till I finish my pass so be it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S1fEi_pFiQ
Old 11-15-2018, 10:36 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
I could see reducing the speed limit on the Coq but, for 60 KMs, from Mill Bay to Nanaimo, they've reduced the speed from 90 to 80 and once you get into Nanaimo and onto the parkway, the speed goes back up to 90. How this makes any sense is beyond me. The white knuckling, left lane hoggers are still going to drive horribly and so slow that they hold up traffic. Now they'll be driving 60 instead of 70 with their hazards flashing.

Should have been targeting the left lane hoggers instead of reducing the speed on that stretch and once someone reaches a certain age, I think their ability to drive should be tested everyone couple of years in order to retain their license. I witness scary and dangerous driving habits from many of the seniors there.
If your in a rush take the inner highway........

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...