Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-05-2019, 08:17 AM

Default Toronto Shootings Over 400 in 2019

Does anyone else find it ironic, that a city with over 400 shooting so far in 2019, voted overwhelmingly for a government that is soft on crime?

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrI...Q1ZCIsImMiOjN9
Old 11-05-2019, 08:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Does anyone else find it ironic, that a city with over 400 shooting so far in 2019, voted overwhelmingly for a government that is soft on crime?

Of course not. After all our guns are taken away I'm sure their crime rate will approach zero
Old 11-05-2019, 08:42 AM

Banning legally owned Ar15s will show 'em!
Old 11-05-2019, 08:57 AM

Just reading Coloring the News. According to that book the Media, inherently Left, refuses to recognize color bias, when it comes to non White crime. And of course, any attempt to deal with the people at fault is racism, pure and simple. The carding program was a success, but of course, the Left activists would have non of that, so it was discontinued. It's all us Whiteys that are to blame and we have to be controlled.

Grizz
Old 11-05-2019, 09:13 AM

Editorial cartoon from Calgary Sun Nov. 5.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg car.jpg (60.9 KB, 222 views)
Old 11-05-2019, 09:13 AM
Banned

It's the Canadian Chicago.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:27 AM

Time for the sandbox test. Let TO ban handguns and watch for two years.

My money is on no change in gun violence. Anyone wanna take that bet?

Colin
Old 11-05-2019, 09:32 AM

Liberal philosophy
When the gangs guns wear out they won't be able to get another

On a brighter note most of the shooting are gansta's shooting other gansta's
Old 11-05-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Liberal philosophy
When the gangs guns wear out they won't be able to get another

On a brighter note most of the shooting are gansta's shooting other gansta's
The problem is, they recruit gang members faster than they shoot them. There are thousands of prospective gang members crossing the border. Some even have ISIS training as to how to murder people with firearms or bombs.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:56 AM

They have a problem there

Actually they have a few

They have a problem recognizing THEIR problem, rather they think its a widespread problem. Classic deflection.

They harbour A LOT of maggots there. I love Toronto but wow did they get more than their share of creeps.

Their politicians suck. Spineless. Cry to Ottawa and Justin cant lose a vote so he bows to their idiotic behaviour with idiotic behaviour of his own.

Personally I like it when bad guys kill bad guys.

Just like the anti gunners love it when we attack each other
Old 11-05-2019, 10:06 AM

I wish that reporters would at least acknowledge when a shooting occurs whether the firearm used was legally owned by the shooter. There does seem to be one glaringly obvious commonality when you google Toronto shootings, and then look at images......
Old 11-05-2019, 10:17 AM

It's hard for the media to report on the status of firearm owned because the RCMP didn't, or at least think that, the fact of the gun used was important. They are too busy trying to see if the legal owners did anything in the past day to warrant taking legal firearms away.

Instead of looking at the root cause of the shooting they are just finger pointing at someone that will listen to them.

Just my 2cents
Old 11-05-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:

Obviously guns are to blame not gangs or the legal system not putting gang members in jail. Stupid inanimate objects locked in safes of law abiding people!
Old 11-05-2019, 01:30 PM

Only just over 400? Oh well, I guess it’s a start. “Just kidding”
Old 11-05-2019, 07:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
The problem is, they recruit gang members faster than they shoot them. There are thousands of prospective gang members crossing the border. Some even have ISIS training as to how to murder people with firearms or bombs.
Because nobody born here would ever join a gang?

Niiiice dogwhistle you got there pal.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post

Some members are born here, but many aren't. Look at the makeup of the Toronto gangs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangs_in_Canada
Old 11-06-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Some members are born here, but many aren't. Look at the makeup of the Toronto gangs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangs_in_Canada
Come on now, lets not confuse people with facts! I'm sure its good old white guys shooting things up in those gangs in Toronto..... yeah right.
Old 11-06-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:

If you want to check for yourself if it’s indeed a dog whistle (a very common attempt at deflection without actually debating any facts that might be uncomfortable for you (AKA: cognitive bias)) perhaps you might check the Toronto Police’s own webpage and let us know your new conclusion.

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/homicide/mostwanted.php
Old 11-06-2019, 09:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
If you want to check for yourself if it’s indeed a dog whistle (a very common attempt at deflection without actually debating any facts that might be uncomfortable for you (AKA: cognitive bias)) perhaps you might check the Toronto Police’s own webpage and let us know your new conclusion.

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/homicide/mostwanted.php
Oh honey.... no.

If you’d like to discuss the factors that contribute to those problems in a constructive way that’s fine. “Look at the scary brown people” and “omg isis” doesn’t qualify.

Just so you know I was standing in Dundas square when I posted that. The ethnic makeup of that page seems to look like the population. Toronto isn’t Calgary.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Oh honey.... no.

If you’d like to discuss the factors that contribute to those problems in a constructive way that’s fine. “Look at the scary brown people” and “omg isis” doesn’t qualify.

Just so you know I was standing in Dundas square when I posted that. The ethnic makeup of that page seems to look like the population. Toronto isn’t Calgary.
Clearly you’re not getting it then. I don’t consider ‘brown people’ scary (40% of my own household is ‘brown’) but there is a clearly defined issue in the root of the violence plaguing Toronto, it’s just that politicians in power won’t do a damned thing about the issue because they fear being labeled in the exact same fashion where you’re failing in trying to label me. That’s a cheap shot and you should really try a different tactic. That label worries the politicians and bureaucrats, but I won’t allow such clearly absurd attempts at slander to bother me. I have yet to see one instance where a person used the term ‘dog whistle’ where it wasn’t ironic (including today). I’m sure it might apply on occasion, but not any times I’ve been witness. It’s simply a cheap shot at labeling people that creates a hostile rhetoric instead of fostering constructive and reasonable conversation.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Clearly you’re not getting it then. I don’t consider ‘brown people’ scary (40% of my own household is ‘brown’) but there is a clearly defined issue in the root of the violence plaguing Toronto, it’s just that politicians in power won’t do a damned thing about the issue because they fear being labeled in the exact same fashion where you’re failing in trying to label me.
I'm not labeling you anything, I was referring to the original comment. Elkhunter's statement has no evidence to support it and it appeals to a certain xenophobic undercurrent that haunts this community. The evidence shows very much the opposite in fact. Dogwhistle is perfectly appropriate for a statement like that regardless of your emotional reaction.

https://crdcn.org/immigrants-and-crime-evidence-canada

Now if you want to make a case that the gun crime in Toronto is not aligned with that then fine but show some real support for the idea. Some actual statistics perhaps? Whomever is on the most wanted list at a given moment does not constitute meaningful evidence.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
I'm not labeling you anything, I was referring to the original comment. Elkhunter's statement has no evidence to support it and it appeals to a certain xenophobic undercurrent that haunts this community. The evidence shows very much the opposite in fact. Dogwhistle is perfectly appropriate for a statement like that regardless of your emotional reaction.

https://crdcn.org/immigrants-and-crime-evidence-canada

Now if you want to make a case that the gun crime in Toronto is not aligned with that then fine but show some real support for the idea. Some actual statistics perhaps? Whomever is on the most wanted list at a given moment does not constitute meaningful evidence.
Are you for real, girl?
Old 11-07-2019, 05:38 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Population....period....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-07-2019, 06:19 AM

I wonder how long it will be before this handgun is used to commit a crime.

https://torontosun.com/news/crime/rc...-shopping-mall
Old 11-10-2019, 09:57 AM

When a country imports people from a 3rd world country on a wholesale scale, how can you be surprised about the rise in violence and 3rd world problems here? London England is a prime example. They’ve banned guns and now they’re trying to implement knife control!! Next will be acid control due to the number of acid attacks! Can’t say who’s doing it because that would be “racist”. And our mainstream media is keeping a lid on a lot of it. Don’t hear much about knife attacks in Toronto or acid attacks, even though they are starting to rise. Don’t want to scare the Canadians or have them aware of what’s happening until it’s too late.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk