Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-08-2019, 11:12 PM

Default Just wow. The future is here.

I hope I am long gone before these creatures start patrolling the neighborhoods.

I didn't realize thing had advanced so much with bipedal machines. I don't know if these machines are good or bad but having something with no emotions armed and programmed to lock in...YIKES! Stuff nightmares are made of ...and really good sci fi movies. Really amazing technology though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3RIHnK0_NE

~~~~~~~~~~

Make Orwell fiction again...
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 11-08-2019, 11:32 PM

A good CG version of Boston dynamics Atlas. Cool but absolutely, demonstrably fake.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays toyz View Post
A good CG version of Boston dynamics Atlas. Cool but absolutely, demonstrably fake.
Am I being naive again. What is fake? What do you mean by CG version? I see at the bottom it says Bosstown Dynamics so is this actually a spook?

I went back online and see this clip is not real. Thank heavens. I have to concede I am getting old and maybe a a wee bit feeble. They say "The old believe everything; the middle-aged suspect everything; the young know everything."
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets

Last edited by Red Bullets; 11-08-2019 at 11:46 PM.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:28 AM

There's a video on YouTube somewhere showing how it was done. Basically they filmed a regular person and cgi'ed robot over, similar to any recent Hollywood movies.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:27 AM

Wink It's a Parody, AI becomes John Wick

Anything by Corridor Digital, Corridor Crew, or Corridor on Youtube is a form of entertainment. It may be action, parody, comedy, satire, or any combination of these. Check out their other videos, they put out a very professional product.
"Bosstown Dynamics" is a parody of Boston Dynamics, the DARPA funded R&D company that is developing robots for military use. There are plenty of Boston Dynamic videos on Youtube showcasing the development of quadrupedal (dog and mule) and bipedal robots.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 11-09-2019, 08:30 AM

I know that video is parody/farce, but I bet we see similar tech used in society in our children's lifetimes, if not ours.

The first place for emerging technology is usually the battlefield. It gets tested and proven, then business and government work together to implement it into society.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:32 AM

There was digital blocking on some shots if you looked closely.

But still pretty cool how the robot decides to rescue its "4 legged friend".

Drewski
Old 11-09-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
There was digital blocking on some shots if you looked closely.

But still pretty cool how the robot decides to rescue its "4 legged friend".

Drewski
By digital blocking, do you mean the obvious facial digital blocking of the "Special Forces Operator" in the video? Pure spoof of redacted photos and video used by military around the world to protect the identities of their operators.
If you see digital blocking in a Corridor video, it is because they want you to see it.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 11-09-2019, 08:54 AM

Already posted on here two weeks ago.... http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=371447

Last edited by CaberTosser; 11-09-2019 at 09:02 AM.