Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-09-2016, 05:10 PM
Banned

Default Question About Oilers Tickets For Rogers Place.

OK. I noticed on the front page of the Edm. Sun today that on Oct. 12 the first regular season Oilers game will be played in the new Rogers Centre against the Flames. Up till now I hadn't been too excited about the arena. Got to thinking about all the time I spent at the old Edmonton Gardens where I worked as an usher and rink rat. Then I thought about all the games I watched from the Molsons sky box during the glory days, and also the time my son and I got to go into the players dressing room after a game to meet the players and get our Oilers jersey's signed.
Anyways, I have decided to go to the opening game of the new arena, but,...
I remember going to a Flames vs Oilers game years ago on a bus tour. We were there to party and were in the cheap seats. To my disappointment I found out the hard way that we were all stuck in the "peasant" section and could not visit with the regular folks in the regular section of the bldg.
I would prefer to buy the cheapest ticket (or 2) that I could, but would I be able to walk around the arena and look at the public area's like a regular fellow, or would I be restricted to the cheap seat area?
Anyone who knows a little about how things work at the new arena, and could pass on some info. to me, please do so. It looks like it's going to be the kind of opening that a person will always remember. Thanks.