Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-14-2016, 08:36 PM

Default Trijjicon accupoint and browning blr ?

Has any one have any experience with the acupoint 1-4 post with triangle reticle . And has anyone put one on a lever action before ? . After checking out some options this is the one I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on seems like a top notch optic and a good fit for the 308 .
Old 08-15-2016, 03:24 PM

I have one on my Rem 870 rifled barrel. Great short range scope. Reticle is easy to pick up fast in all conditions, and the tip of the triangle can be used at longer ranges for more precise shooting. I think you will be happy with it.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:54 PM

I have one on my Robinson Arms XCR, green triangle, and absolutely love it. Great glass.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:24 AM

I put a trijicon 2moa red dot on my 8mm Mauser for close range bush hunting applications. I have had it out a few times and it seems like a good fit. It's way better than irons in low light. It also lightens up the gun. Just mounts on one weaver base. My hand loads with the gun did an inch at a hundred with a normal scope and when I put the red dot on the hundred meter groups opened up to 2 " but that is to be expected with a 2 MOA dot and no magnification. Which is just fine in the bush.
Old 08-17-2016, 08:51 AM

The Trijicon 1-4's are beautiful scopes and even better with the green chevron. Super quick on target, and excellent optics. The worse that can be said is the weight they will add to your blr. That is a personal thing you will have to decide on. I have one on my 760, I can't imagine better glass for my uses.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:32 PM

Pulled the trigger and took it to the range. I am impressed to say the least and can't be happier thanks for the advice guys .