Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-13-2013, 09:07 AM
Gone Hunting

I love my neighbors, if they get too noisy, I can just eat them.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 07-13-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
I get up nice and early... have a good breakfast then go out to the shed.

I then take the muffler off of my lawnmower and start mowing the lawn.

I love mowing... its very relaxing... sometimes it takes me from 7 AM till about 10 because I want to do a real good job...so I don't rush it.

Sometimes I then fire up the chainsaw and buck up some wood and if there is time I take the rototiller out and fire that up without a muffler for a spell as well.

If that doesn't work... and it always does... I'll order a nice big load of pig manuer to spread on my lawn one morning when I expect em to be feeling a bit green.
We had the same issue one time...your solution worked for us, for some reason after partying till 4 am, they really don't like loud noises from 5am till noon...everyday.... After a while they get so tired from lack of sleep staying awake making noise till 4 am is impossible.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:00 AM

Default Install a Trail-Cam

Just to be safe, if you own a cam or two, install where you most likely think they would affect your property, and wait. If something happens, you may capture them in the act. If not, take the cams down and go find that elusive big buck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winger7mm View Post
Alright, so after talking to my landlords about if they owned or rented. And after our discussion, I come to find out they are driving in from calgary! to have a "chat" with these people. Not 100% sure of what transpired there, but we were told that we wont have any issues with them again . Well see though, the wife is worried about backlash now for calling the cops and blah blah woman crap lol. Iv tired tellin the wife there not going to mess with the neighbors simply due to us living next door Dunno many sane people that screw with the direct nextdoor house lol. Dangerous spiteful path to choose to go down lol. All is well for now

Although I should bring home some wood to buck up hehehe let the ol 089 sthil run hehehe
Old 07-13-2013, 01:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
We had the same issue one time...your solution worked for us, for some reason after partying till 4 am, they really don't like loud noises from 5am till noon...everyday.... After a while they get so tired from lack of sleep staying awake making noise till 4 am is impossible.
Hmmmm....how odd.... I thought I was just inspiring them to get outside...enjoy the morning air and take care of their yardwork.
It never occured to me that a head the size of a basketball after boozing all night.... might not welcome the sound of an unmuffed engine at full throttle for a couple hours first thing in the morning.

I almost feel bad that my attempt at positive rienforcement might have gone horribly wrong
Old 07-14-2013, 02:44 PM

What i usually do is grab my rabbit in distress or bull elk bugle just as the sun starts to rise park a lawn chair by the fence and start calling. the looks on there faces coming out of the house hungover with a dying rabbit sound coming threw there window is priceless. and if they dont here it the dogs in the house will
Old 07-14-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 257wbyhunter View Post
What i usually do is grab my rabbit in distress or bull elk bugle just as the sun starts to rise park a lawn chair by the fence and start calling. the looks on there faces coming out of the house hungover with a dying rabbit sound coming threw there window is priceless. and if they dont here it the dogs in the house will
Hahaha, thats a good one Sucks I think im the only hunter on my street though lol, Not into peeing off the rest of the neighborhood lmao
Old 07-14-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
.......for some reason after partying till 4 am, they really don't like loud noises from 5am till noon...everyday.... After a while they get so tired from lack of sleep staying awake making noise till 4 am is impossible.
Good idea!

Maybe get a cassette recorder, tape their racket, then play it back to them on your 200 watt stereo with the speakers outside near the property line when they're tryin to sleep!