Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-12-2013, 12:02 AM

Question Dealing with noisy neighbors :(

Okay well basically, the guys next door party often, like 2-3 times a week. Weve talked to them in person, even brought cookies the next day after they turned the music down at 11 . But weve also had to get the cops involved more then a few times. I wanna go over there and strangle a few of em but we know where thatll get me! Beside personal talking and police and desserts wth is a guy to do?? god its such a Poff!!! Im not concerned about the party, just the music going through my wall, and today the fireworks and the fight outfront waking the barky neighbor dog grrrr

We love our place, the landlords are wicked awesome but this noise crap MUST stop or we gotta move how should a guy deal with this???

I live in a city so SSS wont work
Old 07-12-2013, 12:07 AM
Banned

Save the cookies. Tell their landlord, he can be the one to evict them if they are too much of a trouble tenant.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:09 AM

Contact your landlord and in turn he should contact their landlord. If your landlord values you as tenants, he should stick up for you.

Better would be to get the# of their landlord and phone at whatever time when the noise is too loud.

http://youtu.be/ZLDzPH-cBhw
Old 07-12-2013, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK View Post
Save the cookies. Tell their landlord, he can be the one to evict them if they are too much of a trouble tenant.
I think they own. We live in an old trailer court type thing that is now part of the neighbor hood lol. Mobile homes in the block with some houses and such. I can wear ear plugs, but the wife cant shes such a light sleeper the bass wiggling her pillow wakes her up. Then Dakota poor girl doesnt sleep much at all with these parties going on.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:18 AM
Banned

I get up nice and early... have a good breakfast then go out to the shed.

I then take the muffler off of my lawnmower and start mowing the lawn.

I love mowing... its very relaxing... sometimes it takes me from 7 AM till about 10 because I want to do a real good job...so I don't rush it.

Sometimes I then fire up the chainsaw and buck up some wood and if there is time I take the rototiller out and fire that up without a muffler for a spell as well.

If that doesn't work... and it always does... I'll order a nice big load of pig manuer to spread on my lawn one morning when I expect em to be feeling a bit green.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:21 AM
Banned

Read the noise by-law

put it to work
Old 07-12-2013, 12:22 AM
Banned

Well then SSS is the only way...LOL. Not really sure what to do.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK View Post
Well then SSS is the only way...LOL. Not really sure what to do.
Wanna borrow my mower?
Old 07-12-2013, 12:58 AM

Call the Jehovah's, tell them your interested in converting.. Tell them that the rest of your house is on the fence, but with enough persuasion, they will convert too! Tell them to come over and send their best at 6 am. then give them, their address. Do that every Saturday!....lol
Old 07-12-2013, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
Read the noise by-law

put it to work
If you've already talked to them and it didn't work you can assume they don't care what you think, check bylaws and phone it in, and don't give them a pass with a warning have them charged. I made the mistake of giving our old Nabors a pass after calling the cops a second time, the pictures in our babies room were literally bouncing off the wall when we had the cops in to listen the second time they came. Cops were ****ed and wanted to charge because to was the second call in all of 3 min, the first time they left the cops weren't even out of ear shot and they cranked it back up. They did it for sport after that, gorilla nabor-fare, crank that puppy till they figured I was ****ed, turn off for a couple hours and start all over. Cops told me they couldn't charge them until they had a warning first, had a block party when they left, older people as well, early or mid forties. Nabors from hell, last I heard one of their whelp was in jail and the other was having problems, go figure. They only turned done once when I ask, they had being dykes for a year and one day cranked it up right after we went to bed after working a night. I'd had enough went over in my under pants and screamed if you don't turn that **** down I'm coming in and I'll do it myself. Must have been a little disconcerting, cause the music went down and was never played again during the days we slept, sad part is I was so fed up, I was ready to go in.

You will have them as enemies, but don't sweat it, they're tools.

Thomas Sowell
Old 07-12-2013, 03:28 AM

get a 500w strobe light and point it into there yard
they will shut up in no time !
ask me how I know this lol
Old 07-12-2013, 05:16 AM

Call the cops again and again.

See below. Been there and done it. It works too. Cain saw is the best though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
I get up nice and early... have a good breakfast then go out to the shed.

I then take the muffler off of my lawnmower and start mowing the lawn.

I love mowing... its very relaxing... sometimes it takes me from 7 AM till about 10 because I want to do a real good job...so I don't rush it.

Sometimes I then fire up the chainsaw and buck up some wood and if there is time I take the rototiller out and fire that up without a muffler for a spell as well.

If that doesn't work... and it always does... I'll order a nice big load of pig manuer to spread on my lawn one morning when I expect em to be feeling a bit green.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:21 AM

I had a neighbour like that back in college.

She would party till 3 or 4 am daily then sleep till 3pm.
I in turn decided that 530am was her new wake up time...and then again at 630am and again at 730am... so after a week of being woken up at 530am she got the hint that I was having nothing of her crap.

The landlords laughed their behinds off.....

But then I was 18

I used a pot and meat tenderizer hammer they make an excessive amount of noise
Old 07-12-2013, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Cops told me they couldn't charge them until they had a warning first.
This is true, well in Calgary any way. But the problem with them being charged is, the complainant has to show up in court, and 90% of the time they don't.
I had the exact opposite happen to me. I had a neighbour calling the police on me. 11 times. Once was justified. On several occasions the police just stood outside my house and after a while, rang the doorbell, told me of the complaint, and said they had no issue with the noise. Well on the 11th time I asked them how I can find out who is complaining? They said you need to be charged and then I can get all the complaints mailed to me. I wasn't a 100% sure who it was, so I had them charge me. The cops told me as well that chances are they won't show up in court. So I asked them to charge me. Went to court, they never showed, case thrown out. Never another complaint again. So unless your willing to go to court, calling the cops is futile. Good luck with your problem, I feel for you.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingMOM View Post
I had a neighbour like that back in college.

She would party till 3 or 4 am daily then sleep till 3pm.
I in turn decided that 530am was her new wake up time...and then again at 630am and again at 730am... so after a week of being woken up at 530am she got the hint that I was having nothing of her crap.

The landlords laughed their behinds off.....

But then I was 18

I used a pot and meat tenderizer hammer they make an excessive amount of noise
This approach has worked for me one time as well,we were living in an apartment at the time I was leaving for work at 5am and a nice drumroll along the shared wall before I left was very effective,after 4 days in a row she asked me to stop and we worked out a deal
Old 07-12-2013, 06:46 AM
Banned

This happened last summer at the place next door,2 A.M.,pounding music ,screams weirdness and a house full of 20 somethings.I was heading over with an axe handle but the wife stopped me.She went over instead.
Now imagine a fairly large woman of Viking decsent dressed in a purple robe,fuzzy pink slippers and REALLY p!ssed off.I was concerned for their safety so I waited outside.A moment later the music quit,they apologized and we went back to bed.
Would you like to borrow her for a day?
Old 07-12-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherpeak View Post
This happened last summer at the place next door,2 A.M.,pounding music ,screams weirdness and a house full of 20 somethings.I was heading over with an axe handle but the wife stopped me.She went over instead.
Now imagine a fairly large woman of Viking decsent dressed in a purple robe,fuzzy pink slippers and REALLY p!ssed off.I was concerned for their safety so I waited outside.A moment later the music quit,they apologized and we went back to bed.
Oh that reminds me of when stinky was a baby (2 months old).
The people who lived above me decided to play basketball in the house.
After hours of their BS and asking a few times to stop and several time calling CPS I called CPS again and said if they didnt come handle it I was going upstairs to deal with it myself and I have my cast iron frying pan.
Amazingly enough CPS was on the door within 5 minutes.
They never did come see me.......... just upstairs.

Plus I called the landlord 20-30 times that day.
3 days later the unit upstairs was empty and all their belongings were on the front lawn and locks were changed.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:43 AM

Bear bangers.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:03 AM

I had people who lived above me that had a VERY active and loud sex life. I used to sleep with my walkman (remember those?) on until one morning I woke up and had practically choked myself on the headphones wires.

I left a note in their mailbox and I think they were so embarrassed that they moved out at the end of the month.

In my first house I had to do the lawn mower thing too. That seemed to work.

Good luck!
Old 07-12-2013, 11:23 AM

I had loud 18--23 year olds next door . 7Am started up the 200hp out board with the muffs on it rev it up to get the motor nice and warm blue smoke and all going in there back yard . they got the hint

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 07-12-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmeNoah View Post
I had people who lived above me that had a VERY active and loud sex life. I used to sleep with my walkman (remember those?) on until one morning I woke up and had practically choked myself on the headphones wires.

I left a note in their mailbox and I think they were so embarrassed that they moved out at the end of the month.

Good luck!
LOL, I had upstairs neighbors... same thing. One night I had a few in me, I just hit the roof with a broom stick and started yelling ridem cowboy. They were pretty red faced in passing at the mailbox.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherpeak View Post
That would work.
But If its not too much hassle move out.I am sure u could find even better place close to some good friends
Personally before making any radical steps I would talk with other neighbors,got more Allies ,develop good strategy,like other advised,noise in the morning etc.so others would be OK too.Then 3-4 households could easy defeat one ful of young punks

Last edited by sailor; 07-12-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:09 PM

Hey, winger7mm, have your neighbours been fined yet?

In Lethbridge, if the noise is unnecessary (loud music, dogs barking, partying) it doesn't matter what time of day it is, you can be fined if it's disturbing others. Also, "night time" hours start at 10:00p.m. So even if the noise is from building a garage, which would be deemed a necessary noise most times, it has to be shut down at 10:00p.m. to follow bylaw.

Inconsiderate neighbours are difficult to deal with. You basically have to give up on the hope that they will change on their own. They won't. They either need to be shamed, (that only works if they have a conscience) fined or other.

Fine amounts go up for repeat offences.

Check out the bylaws for Lethbridge.

http://www.lethbridge.ca/City-Govern...s/default.aspx

http://www.lethbridge.ca/City-Govern...ise%205270.pdf
Old 07-12-2013, 12:11 PM

[QUOTE=sailor;2037275]That would work.
But If its not too much hassle move out.I am sure u could find even better place close to some good friends
Personally before making any radical steps I would talk with other neighbors,got more Allies ,develop good strategy,like other advised,noise in the morning etc.so your neighbwors would be participating too.Then 3-4 households could easy defeat one ful of young punks[/QU
Old 07-12-2013, 12:47 PM

I had this issue many years ago when I was around 20. The new couple who moved in downstairs seemed like a great couple until both of them got laid off. Thats when the parties and drinking and smoking dope started. Apparently when you drink and smoke dope it affects your hearing and sense of time in that you party till 3 to 5 in the morning and seem to think that their stereo needs to make the windows in the house rattle.

I tried talking to them. Nope! I called the landlord. He was the one supplying them with dope so I was screwed on that idea! I resorted to calling the police. Nope! After the umpteenth visit one of them casually said under his breath as the constables walked out "I guess you'll just have to take matters into your own hands"

The next night the partying started at 9 PM and continued on and on. I went downstairs and politely asked them to turn down the music. They laughed in my face and slammed the door. Then they turned the music louder. I lost my mind and kicked in their door. Because of the surprise entry method I had chosen I managed to drop the offender first with a roundhouse to the head, got his buddy next with another roundhouse (funny how stoners are so slow) and dropkicked the third that came at me. They all backed against the wall while dipholes girlfriend called the police on me!!!! LMAO! The irony was the responding officers were the same two that had muttered under their breath while they walked out. The one cop openly laughed when numbnuts girlfriend made me out to be nuts. The cop looked at her and said what did you expect?? The cops wouldn't press charges against me no matter how much the dipholes whined. The landlord came the next day and told me I had one month to move out and I told him with pleasure!!! This was in the 70's when cops were cops.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
That would work.
Personally before making any radical steps I would talk with other neighbors,got more Allies ,develop good strategy,like other advised,noise in the morning etc.so others would be OK too.Then 3-4 households could easy defeat one ful of young punks
Not an option for me.I own my house,free and clear.It was just nextdoor renters in an extremely nice quiet neibourhood.They are long gone,now it`s just kids riding bikes and young couples walking with babys.Oh,and street hockey night in Marysville.I love my place.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Banned

Cool

Plate tamper bought 0530 the morning after. let all the good folks in hood know the 5w's.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Banned

Rattle those pots and pans!
Old 07-12-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmeNoah View Post

Good luck!
Had neighbors like that when we first got married. A little imitation on my part shut that down real quick.

Grizz
Old 07-13-2013, 08:50 AM

Alright, so after talking to my landlords about if they owned or rented. And after our discussion, I come to find out they are driving in from calgary! to have a "chat" with these people. Not 100% sure of what transpired there, but we were told that we wont have any issues with them again . Well see though, the wife is worried about backlash now for calling the cops and blah blah woman crap lol. Iv tired tellin the wife there not going to mess with the neighbors simply due to us living next door Dunno many sane people that screw with the direct nextdoor house lol. Dangerous spiteful path to choose to go down lol. All is well for now

Although I should bring home some wood to buck up hehehe let the ol 089 sthil run hehehe