Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-14-2016, 03:08 PM

Has anyone dumped a moose with the 110ttsx Barnes in there 270win? I have been loading them up and they are kinda accurate. Same as the 140 accubonds. Just wondering if there is any real life data out there. I tried the 150 matrix bullets but I found some bullets not completely 'filled'. The exposed tip lead was way down in the bullet in some projectiles.
Old 08-14-2016, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushleague View Post
Yeah, shooting 150's out of a .270 sure does suck... its almost like (shudder) a .30-06.
Hahaha couldn't agree more
Old 08-14-2016, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopithorne View Post
Hahaha couldn't agree more
I meant that somewhat sarcastically. Other than a couple scattered years my .270's have been sighted in for 150 grain bullets of one sort or another as long as I've owned them. The reason is that in the small town I live in I can usually count on being able to find 150 grain bullets that I know will work on moose and elk, while the premium 130 grain ammunition can be hit and miss.

Just after amo prices went up I scored about 300 rounds of 150 grain coreloct amo for $23 a box, so my .270's will be shooting like 06's for a long time yet.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgvande View Post
Has anyone dumped a moose with the 110ttsx Barnes in there 270win? I have been loading them up and they are kinda accurate. Same as the 140 accubonds. Just wondering if there is any real life data out there. I tried the 150 matrix bullets but I found some bullets not completely 'filled'. The exposed tip lead was way down in the bullet in some projectiles.
I've shot elk and caribou and sheep and my buddy killed a moose all with one shot and the 110gr ttsx out of my 270wsm
My wife's killed bears and wild boars and deer with the same bullet too.