Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-14-2013, 07:54 AM

Default Calling Lake/Rock Island Fishing

Hey all, long time follower, first time poster. I am heading for calling lake next Friday with the family for a great weekend of camping, originally to rock island but the 12volt system in my truck camper decided to quit working. We went to calling for the first time on the july long weekend. Did not get any fishing in. I do not have a boat, wish I did but is there any descent spots to fish rock island lake or calling lake from the shore? Is there any walleye in the calling river, and is it accesable via automobile?
Old 07-14-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve337 View Post
Hey all, long time follower, first time poster. I am heading for calling lake next Friday with the family for a great weekend of camping, originally to rock island but the 12volt system in my truck camper decided to quit working. We went to calling for the first time on the july long weekend. Did not get any fishing in. I do not have a boat, wish I did but is there any descent spots to fish rock island lake or calling lake from the shore? Is there any walleye in the calling river, and is it accesable via automobile?
on the north east side of calling( on the way to rock island) go to ben auger park you can fish off the docks or from shore there . Also don't leave anything of vaule @ rock island unattended for more the 5 min