Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-14-2013, 02:08 PM

Default No response from sellers

I am trying to buy a 22-250 or a 223. I have pm'd quite a few from the firearms for sale. I have only had one reply. After the reply I sent pm asking to meet him. He is 3 hours away and I am willing to travel, but he has never replied back. Do you guys not want to sell your rifles?
Old 07-14-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincherguy View Post
I am trying to buy a 22-250 or a 223. I have pm'd quite a few from the firearms for sale. I have only had one reply. After the reply I sent pm asking to meet him. He is 3 hours away and I am willing to travel, but he has never replied back. Do you guys not want to sell your rifles?
Not sure where turner valley is, But I may part with my 22-250. Not overly interested in selling it but I could use the money
Old 07-14-2013, 03:19 PM
Banned

I'm keeping my rifles so Obama cant take them.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:55 PM

Default Each situation is different

Very often rifles shotguns on forum listed for sale get so many inquiries the sellers only reply to the one that says "I will take it, if it is as described and you send me pictures"

I have thought I was first to respond to an ad a week or so ago (within 10 minutes of it going up) and the seller finally responded a couple days later that the first person to inquire bought it but if that falls through this weekend (from SPF and pickup) you are next on the list.

Third scenario and it has happened to two of us in last month is the description did not match the picture (anyone can copy a picture off the internet). We were both alerted as the low number of posts from the new member and insisted on a face to face to exchange money. Seller disappeared as soon as we insisted on cash in person deal so confirmed our suspicion that it was a strange sale and probably fraud.

If you don't get a response after asking questions, for more pictures or offering to meet face to face consider yourself lucky as you didn't get cheated out of hundreds or thousands of dollars.

had friend once that borrowed $20 and failed to pay it back, it was worth it!
So it is with guns. Saved you some money in the end.