Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-04-2013, 07:27 AM

Default Carbon Element

Hey guys, just curious what you think of this potential deal off AT.
There's a fellow selling a 2011 hoyt carbon element, like new condition. He was asking $775, for the bow, with an hdx rest and a peep, along with a soft case.
He now says he's willing to do $700 incl. shipping.
What do you think?
Thanks.
Schian
Old 04-04-2013, 10:40 AM

Sounds good I think I'll buy it. J/K I very recently purchased a "new" bow off of AT myself. As long as the feedback is good and you've talked to the guy and there are no red flags, there are some great deals to be had on there. Let us know if you end up grabbing it.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 04-04-2013, 11:21 AM

looks like a good deal
Old 04-04-2013, 11:46 AM

I have done a few deals on AT and have not had any issues. Make sure you get some pictures before you finalize as well. Some good buys on there. Also make sure they ship it USPS otherwise the brokerage fees can be ridiculous with the courier companies.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_bowhunter View Post
I have done a few deals on AT and have not had any issues. Make sure you get some pictures before you finalize as well. Some good buys on there. Also make sure they ship it USPS otherwise the brokerage fees can be ridiculous with the courier companies.
^^ This.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 04-04-2013, 05:01 PM

thanks guys. the deal didn't work out, but theres another one, 2011 bare for $675...
i'm gonna try for that one on recommendation from the first seller.

Schian
Old 04-04-2013, 06:24 PM

i just picked one up last week off of AT. Even after gst and shipping, you still save way more than buying new up here. I usually try to buy off guys who have atleast 4 or 5 positive trader ratings.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack88 View Post
i just picked one up last week off of AT. Even after gst and shipping, you still save way more than buying new up here. I usually try to buy off guys who have atleast 4 or 5 positive trader ratings.
what year was it, and how much did you end up getting it for?...if you dont mind me asking
Old 04-04-2013, 06:51 PM

It's the new 2013 model, the seller bought the wrong poundage and sold it for $1050 to me.