Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-12-2024, 10:56 AM

Default Cabela's and good service

I thought I would give a thumbs up to Cabela's for great service and helping me out today.

Earlier this week, my wife had asked me to order a pair of boots for her that were on sale $70 off at Cabela's and I got sidetracked as I looked for something I needed to get the price over $149 to take advantage of their free shipping... anyway this morning I opened up my Cabela's cart to get this ordered and the price for the boots was back up to $200... uh oh...

Anyway, I gave Cabela's a call and had to wait a bit to get a representative, I imagine not many people do phone orders any more so that's fine, and I explained my mistake and asked if they would honour the sale price. "No problem" she said... "anything else you want to add?"

So it makes the Hornady dies for 30-06 that I added to get back above 149 free shipping basically free...

I didn't expect anything, and $70 isn't that big a deal, but I was sure happy to deal with a company that's willing to go the extra to look after a customer even if it was my screw up.

So Kudos to Cabela's.
Old 01-12-2024, 11:06 AM

Good to hear they helped you out. I've had the same experience with them a few times. Actually trying, and helping me. I know the store itself probably doesn't give a hoot about us, but I've found their employees actually do.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2024, 03:56 PM

Default I was mortified when Bass Pro bought them out.

I’ve had pretty good service from Cabelas however Bass Pro is a different story.
One time I got a verbal beat down by the fella at the Bass Pro gun counter on why they don’t sell restricted fire arms. He was angry because I asked if they had a smith and wesson M&P 22 in stock. He was very angry that I asked that question. I was looking at the Us website before I went because they didn’t even have a Canadian website like Cabelas did.
Haven’t been back there since just sucks that they are same company now.
Old 01-13-2024, 07:33 AM

Cabela's branded clothing out of the US use to be some of the best quality kit you could buy. I had a Cordera waterfowl parka for decades. The last ten years I wore it for my chore coat until the zipper started giving me trouble. When I left dog treats in the pocket the pup finished it off.