Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-19-2018, 04:46 AM

Default North Fork Road Construction

I haven't hunted WMU 429 in quite a few years and decided to try it out again this year. What are they doing to the north fork road. Its all ripped up between km 13 and km 16. I dont know how i managed to get my truck and trailer through without getting stuck or even sliding off the road but i did. Anyone know when they will be done construction, what a mess!!
Old 09-19-2018, 07:13 AM

they are widening the grade of the road and eliminating some of the tighter corners ( like they did in the first 10 km or so of the gravel a couple years ago )
probably wont be done until late fall freeze up
Old 09-19-2018, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250mark1 View Post
they are widening the grade of the road and eliminating some of the tighter corners ( like they did in the first 10 km or so of the gravel a couple years ago )
probably wont be done until late fall freeze up
Ok thanks. Do you know if they plan on widening the whole road all the way to the north ram river bridge?
Old 09-20-2018, 06:39 AM

not this year i think they are only doing another 6-10km this year
Old 09-20-2018, 06:53 PM

I drove that road on Monday and Tuesday in the rain and I cannot believe you took a trailer through there! Nice job, I wouldn't have even attempted that. Yesterday after the sun dried it up a little it wasn't as horrible but I still count my lucky stars I didn't meet anybody coming the other way on my 6 trips across there this week. I have no idea what I would have done in that case, I'm confident 1 or both of us would have slid off the side.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyn View Post
I drove that road on Monday and Tuesday in the rain and I cannot believe you took a trailer through there! Nice job, I wouldn't have even attempted that. Yesterday after the sun dried it up a little it wasn't as horrible but I still count my lucky stars I didn't meet anybody coming the other way on my 6 trips across there this week. I have no idea what I would have done in that case, I'm confident 1 or both of us would have slid off the side.
Yes , i cant believe i made it through with a trailer. I didnt think i was going to make it through but somehow I did.I ended up taking a different way out . Won't be driving that road again anytime soon!!!
Old 09-24-2018, 12:56 PM

It's been nasty since fall of last year. Absolutely terrible in may of this year, not to mention i was almost ran off the road by a grater. Seemed to be a little nicer when i went up there on Canada day long weekend, but holy smokes after a little bit of rain it becomes almost undrivable.
Old 09-24-2018, 04:45 PM

Is this where it turns off 752 and goes down to the ram Bridge, the windy narrow road section? Hunted 429 many moons ago and remember that stretch well when the road was icy.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
Is this where it turns off 752 and goes down to the ram Bridge, the windy narrow road section? Hunted 429 many moons ago and remember that stretch well when the road was icy.
No its between mile marker 16 and 19 but you are on the right road. Its just before where the big pipeline corridor crosses the road