Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-06-2015, 01:47 AM

Default CHAS @Genesee long range open!

After a long and what seemed like forever wait, the CHAS long range is again open. I got the e-mail last night and was excited to get out today to try it out. I was the first on the long range, so I headed out to paint the brand new steel at 500 & 800 metres. (Nice to shoot brand new steel!)

So to those who have been waiting all summer long for the many improvements to finish, that time has now arrived! CHAS's long range now has 200, 300, 500, and 800 metre berms with target stands and four different sized AR500 steel gongs each. (My paint bill will probably go up!)

Today I shot my new MDT custom build and did data entry on five different loads. Super fun to be hitting steel at my local range out to those distances. (My Edson range membership may now suffer ;-))
Old 09-06-2015, 08:46 AM

I have been critical of the way things were handled in recent memory, and i don't regret anything I said. However, credit is certainly due the executive and membership at CHAS for the improvements that have come to fruition. It is awesome to hear that the potential which existed at that property is now being realized! Outstanding work fellas!!!