Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-02-2022, 12:28 PM

Default Revelstoke fishing

Hey all,

In a few weeks my son (3) and I are going to Revelstoke for a few nights. I'm looking for a place that is easy access for us to fish. A small lake or pond not much more than a km walk to in case I have to carry his little legs out.

I'm not a fisherman by any means and don't really care too much if we catch a fish, although that would be a very exciting bonus.

I have done some googling but the articles I'm finding seem to be geared towards actual sportsman.

Any recommendations would be great!

Much appreciated
Old 07-04-2022, 01:54 PM

You can try Martha Creek Provincial Campground, about 10 min north of dam. They have a dock in a small marina. Easy access. Just cast off the dock or rocks. Bobber fish, fly fish or on the bottom with a worm or maggot, real or artificial. They have Bull Trout, Rainbows and Kokanee, Ling Cod, just to name a few. There are other spots to try but not so much for the young'n. There is another spot further north up the lake at the first bridge, about 15 min north of the dam on the left hand side . Plenty of space to park and hardly no walking. Kinda a campground with outhouse. Just an idea. I always use my boat but see people fishing from shore in certain spots
Old 07-04-2022, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbless View Post
You can try Martha Creek Provincial Campground, about 10 min north of dam. They have a dock in a small marina. Easy access. Just cast off the dock or rocks. Bobber fish, fly fish or on the bottom with a worm or maggot, real or artificial. They have Bull Trout, Rainbows and Kokanee, Ling Cod, just to name a few. There are other spots to try but not so much for the young'n. There is another spot further north up the lake at the first bridge, about 15 min north of the dam on the left hand side . Plenty of space to park and hardly no walking. Kinda a campground with outhouse. Just an idea. I always use my boat but see people fishing from shore in certain spots
Thanks a bunch!! That's awesome info. I really appreciate the response.

I'll post some pics of we catch anything!
Old 07-28-2022, 10:13 PM

Barbless you got my son and I onto a fish! It was both of our firsts

Just a little 8" bull trout. We didn't get a picture unfortunately, we were too busy enjoying the moment.
It took about 20 hrs of fishing before we caught anything, last night we were there around 830 pm.

It was a beautiful spot too.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2022, 06:28 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

That looks like a really nice place to wet a line and hang out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-29-2022, 09:54 AM

Outdoorsmen helping outdoorsmen. Awesome to see!! Congrats on the first fish!!
Old 07-30-2022, 10:04 AM

Great pic. Congrats on the first fish for sure. Looks like an awesome time floating around time with the kid. Looks like your in the river channel at the first bridge. It's a nice calm area on the lake if the wind picks up. If your going for the Kokanee you need to row a little faster and trolling HA HA. I think you need a bigger tube though and PFD's
I might have a little rubber raft for 2 if you want and a really small PDF for the child for free of course. Just for the AOF member. Give me a pm

Last edited by barbless; 07-30-2022 at 10:12 AM.
Old 07-30-2022, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbless View Post
Great pic. Congrats on the first fish for sure. Looks like an awesome time floating around time with the kid. Looks like your in the river channel at the first bridge. It's a nice calm area on the lake if the wind picks up. If your going for the Kokanee you need to row a little faster and trolling HA HA. I think you need a bigger tube though and PFD's
I might have a little rubber raft for 2 if you want and a really small PDF for the child for free of course. Just for the AOF member. Give me a pm

That's a very generous offer! I went out Wednesday and bought an inflatable from cabelas and a trolling motor We are going to go to K-country this weekend and tool around. We now have a few more fishing trips planned for the summer. PFD will be worn, especially in that freezing water.

The Tube was an after thought. My friend came out from Kelowna and had the tube in his truck. We had been playing in the water and on logs the day before, the water was nice.
My son barely said anything in the tube except that he didn't want to get out when it was time to leave lol.

I'm so glad that he enjoyed being out there, because I did too. I'm really looking forward to the next year's in my life being able to do things like this with him.
Old 07-31-2022, 06:59 PM

[QUOTE=ZJHoban;4544499]Barbless you got my son and I onto a fish! It was both of our firsts

Just a little 8" bull trout. We didn't get a picture unfortunately, we were too busy enjoying the moment.
It took about 20 hrs of fishing before we caught anything, last night we were there around 830 pm.

Great to see Parents and Kids spending time like this, priceless.