San Jose Calf
Denver Co
Chicago
Boston
NY NY
Jamaica NY
Customs clearance

Let's see how Canada Post does now with rest of the journey

They do that Alberta is right beside Montana. Right?
Old 02-27-2016, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
I ordered a bolt shroud from mountain tactical in Bozeman

Here is the journey so far as per usps tracking

Bozeman
Billings Mt
Richmond Calf.
San Jose Calf
Denver Co
Chicago
Boston
NY NY
Jamaica NY
Customs clearance

i ordered from Outfitters Supply Montana and it traveled a similar route. got here reasonably quickly in spite of heading way way south to come way way north.

having said that, Canada Post is really really bad, i think they cornered the market on being really really bad. lol

#I Am An Outdoorsman And I Approve This Message

#creativity can't wait for technology
Old 02-27-2016, 09:07 AM
Gone Hunting

I have to say aside from pricing, Canada post has been ok.

Fedex etc. on the other hand have hooped the pooch too often. I only use them under duress.

I sent a frozen coyote skin to Washington overnight for $100 guaranteed delivery the next morning.

It went on an adventure like the OP package above, but it took 2 months. It was liquid by the time it arrived.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 02-27-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
I have to say aside from pricing, Canada post has been ok.

Fedex etc. on the other hand have hooped the pooch too often. I only use them under duress.

I sent a frozen coyote skin to Washington overnight for $100 guaranteed delivery the next morning.

It went on an adventure like the OP package above, but it took 2 months. It was liquid by the time it arrived.
Probably shoulda took the hide off the carcass.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:39 AM

This is normal for large shipping companies.

You should watch the documentary of how FedEx got started and the logistics of how it operates.

Any large shipping company just doesn't grab a package and drive it over to it's destination.

You could have a parcel going from one city to another that's 50 miles away. That parcel will instead be shipped across the country and back, sometimes more than once as it moves through it's distribution hubs. It's the only way they could feasibly move millions upon millions of parcels every day and be efficient.

Nothing new.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:41 PM

I once had a flashlight leave the USA, get lost for something like 9 days, show up in Vancouver, go to Japan, come back to Vancouver a few days later then finally make it back to me.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:54 PM
Banned

I don't buy it. Post a screen shot
Old 02-27-2016, 01:42 PM

Boise, Idaho to Yellowknife, ...........16 months, ...............hell I can walk faster than that!!
Old 02-27-2016, 02:54 PM

Bought a 22 from Alberta few weeks ago. It went to Montreal before it came back to Manitoba. Lol
Old 02-27-2016, 03:24 PM
Banned

Unlike those who whine about Canada Post because they've had a bad experience, we (where I work) has strong web presence (sales).
There are times where we quite literally fill one of those new little CP vans. As well we make extensive use of Purolator (two pickups a day), Fedex as well as local couriers.
We have absolutely no more issues with Canada Post than the others...I'd say less actually.
And when they do screw up (they all do), Canada Post is the quickest resolving a claim.
Many people like to hate them, but our experience (as well as shipping stats) show it to be unjustified.
Old 02-27-2016, 03:36 PM

I'd crawl across a mile of broken glass to use Canada Post or FedEx before UPS. Those bastards are the absolute worst Land Pirates ever when it comes to customs and brokerage fees.....I hate them with a passion. I won't even go in to the latest battle I had with them. I have no complaints about Canada Post for the most part, they usually deliver when they say they will (or within a day) and their rates are more then competitive with the Couriers.

If you want a real horror story, a couple years ago I bought an original piece of art for my wife for Christmas, paid $5k including shipping for it (a 6' x 4' x 8" crate)....(it's a beauty!). Well, it was sent by CanPar, but they handed it off to a local courier in Edmonton (was coming from Calgary) and it disappeared for a few weeks. Went to Prince George, out to Rupert, Fort Nelson maybe, back to GP and then to Edmonton where it started....the company who did this finally figured it out, after telling me they would 'reimburse or replace'.....I told them it was an original piece of art, commissioned by the Calgary Stampede for their 100th Anniversary, not a 60" Samsung TV, and that they weren't going to be able to replace it, and if it was damaged I was going to personally hurt the forklift operator responsible. Anyway, the crate finally showed up, and it was beat to 5hit, but miraculously the painting was so well wrapped that it was undamaged. It got here the day before Christmas, and my ulcer healed up later the following spring. But I sure enjoy that painting every day, and it has history for me now.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-27-2016, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domestique View Post
I don't buy it. Post a screen shot
Boom, proof as requested. It was lost for 15 days, not 9 as I had thought. I find it funny that it made it to Japan in 5 hours then took 2 days to get back.
Old 02-27-2016, 05:52 PM

Default Stopping in at Graceland?

At work I ordered some X-ray tubes from Australia shipped DHL, Left Aussie took 16 days to get to Los Angeles where the shipment was held by US customs for 14 days (contains a minor amount of radiation) from there it was off to Memphis TN. For 12 days then onto Vancouver, held for inspection for 4 days released to Edmonton 3 days later it was in Yellow knife.
I have no idea why this went through the US most of our parts go straight to Vancouver?
Old 02-27-2016, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
At work I ordered some X-ray tubes from Australia shipped DHL, Left Aussie took 16 days to get to Los Angeles where the shipment was held by US customs for 14 days (contains a minor amount of radiation) from there it was off to Memphis TN. For 12 days then onto Vancouver, held for inspection for 4 days released to Edmonton 3 days later it was in Yellow knife.
I have no idea why this went through the US most of our parts go straight to Vancouver?
It is because they have most of their routing/ brokerage no lube centers in the USA. I had a UPS parcel come from Spain, land in Peace River, AB, go to the USA then finally landed in Edmonton then to me.
Old 02-27-2016, 10:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
I ordered a bolt shroud from mountain tactical in Bozeman

Here is the journey so far as per usps tracking

Bozeman
Billings Mt
Richmond Calf.
San Jose Calf
Denver Co
Chicago
Boston
NY NY
Jamaica NY
Customs clearance

I feel for you please don't tell me you live in cards ton or vauxhall lol
Old 02-28-2016, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Unlike those who whine about Canada Post because they've had a bad experience, we (where I work) has strong web presence (sales).
There are times where we quite literally fill one of those new little CP vans. As well we make extensive use of Purolator (two pickups a day), Fedex as well as local couriers.
We have absolutely no more issues with Canada Post than the others...I'd say less actually.
And when they do screw up (they all do), Canada Post is the quickest resolving a claim.
Many people like to hate them, but our experience (as well as shipping stats) show it to be unjustified.

"Many people" aren't hating CP for no just reason, they have been burned and the fall out's called "cause and effect". your statement is absolutely ludicrous.

#I Am An Outdoorsman And I Approve This Message

#creativity can't wait for technology
Old 03-05-2016, 04:32 PM

Just a follow up after journeying across the USA and back Canada post had it in my hand in 3 days from Newfoundland and postman even delivered to the house instead of leaving the part in the box.