Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-30-2020, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Ok, so the whole world locked up with a few exceptions, and many are going for round two now, because of the election in the US? And next week the pandemic will be over? Solid logic and critical thinking.

On a side note, didn’t we just have yesterday or two days ago 16 people in ICU and today we have 25 here in Alberta?
Yup, out of how many possible beds?
Old 10-30-2020, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Ya think maybe it’s because they sent all the little carriers back to school? Who would of imagined it would cause a spike in cases? Then preach that we have to put on more restrictions because the second wave they predicted is happening so they can say “I told you so, now just do as we say and all will be ok”.

Sheeple will just blindly follow till the bottom falls out.
Sounds more like adults not following protocol versus the kids.

Parties and gatherings are causing the spread. Cut that out and schools and businesses are good to go. Failure and we have what we have.

Just hope hospitals stay open in Calgary.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-30-2020, 11:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ok, so the whole world locked up with a few exceptions, and many are going for round two now, because of the election in the US? And next week the pandemic will be over? Solid logic and critical thinking.

On a side note, didn’t we just have yesterday or two days ago 16 people in ICU and today we have 25 here in Alberta?
Oh, I forgot to mention to you, I never wrote the article. I never even brought it up, I just posted the link..... But since you called,

You seem to have a hard time understanding what was said in the article. It never said the pandemic will be over, it was eluding to the fact that the democrats (liberals) have been creating hysteria over the virus to try and put the blame on trump to gain liberal support. Once he beats them there won’t be any use to use the virus to try and gain support, it’ll still be here. I thought that was pretty obvious.

Let me ask you something. If you were the leader of a country and you knew there was a virus out there capable of wiping out large percentages of the population, would you send the kids back to school? The highest demographic likely to carry the disease while being asymptomatic, spreading the disease to large portions of the population undetected, and you send them back to school then act shocked when cases rise.... even better, you warn the people if they don’t follow government instructions that there will be a second wave and the government will be forced into putting in place stricter restrictions. How friggin stupid are we??? Yup yup justin was right, he called it, see I told you so.... well no sht, who would have seen that coming?

4 million people and we have 25 in icu...

How many people have lost their job?
How many people have had their income severely decreased?
How many people have committed suicide because of the financial impact of covid restrictions so far?
How many families have been torn apart because of covid?
How many people have od’d because of covid quarantine?
How many people have been arrested for domestic violence as a result of covid quarantine?

If the virus was as scary as you’d like me to believe, do you think it was a responsible thing for the government to allow kids to go back to school? I think deep down your faithful leader isn’t as scared of the virus as he lets on.

Yes the virus is real, yes it makes people sick, but the effects of isolation, quarantine and financial ruin are also real and will have a much larger effect on society as a whole.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
Yup, out of how many possible beds?
I don’t remember, honestly. The last number I remember was something like 290 ICU beds in total for the whole province (not just allocated for covid, but for all needs).

All I am saying is that this number jumped at me because it is over 55% increase in a day or two. Is it an abnormality? Perhaps, because that number has been more or less stable until now or increased slowly. Given the daily rise in cases though, it may very well become the norm, wouldn’t you think? Time will tell.

As for the rest of my previous post, it is asinine to believe that this whole thing is “made” up because of Trump and countries ruled by “liberals” are doing it on purpose and it will all be over once Trump looses (or wins, for that matter). I mean a guy has to be pretty... not sure what word to use in order not to offend people, lol. Let’s say a guy has to have quite a bit of imagination to actually believe that. It is laughable, in my opinion.
Old 10-31-2020, 12:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Sounds more like adults not following protocol versus the kids.

Parties and gatherings are causing the spread. Cut that out and schools and businesses are good to go. Failure and we have what we have.

Just hope hospitals stay open in Calgary.
Sounds more like adults not following protocols? You don’t suppose 600 kids in a school could maybe get a case or two stirred up? Little asymptomatic Johnny brings the virus home, mom and dad go to a friends place for a bbq, two weeks later dad gets sick and thinks hmm, where did I get this? Oh ya, musta been the bbq. There’s been a spike in cases of unknown origin, I might have a theory on that.
Old 10-31-2020, 12:30 AM
Banned

Quote:

As for the rest of my previous post, it is asinine to believe that this whole thing is “made” up because of Trump and countries ruled by “liberals” are doing it on purpose and it will all be over once Trump looses (or wins, for that matter). I mean a guy has to be pretty... not sure what word to use in order not to offend people, lol. Let’s say a guy has to have quite a bit of imagination to actually believe that. It is laughable, in my opinion.
Old 10-31-2020, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Oh, I forgot to mention to you, I never wrote the article. I never even brought it up, I just posted the link.....
And I quoted your post because it had the link to the said article, not because it was you who brought it up

Quote:
But since you called
Lol. I will then take it, I guess.

Quote:
You seem to have a hard time understanding what was said in the article. It never said the pandemic will be over, it was eluding to the fact that the democrats (liberals) have been creating hysteria over the virus to try and put the blame on trump to gain liberal support. Once he beats them there won’t be any use to use the virus to try and gain support, it’ll still be here. I thought that was pretty obvious.
Number one. Why does everyone “with your set of convictions” always refers to fear, hysteria, etc? I am not locked up in the basement or anything, do not have trouble sleeping, etc. I mean I am not scared, hysteric, do not jump at people who do not wear masks (what I think about it is a different topic), an so on. In fact, hardly anything at all changed in my personal life since this whole thing had started. I do not personally get the fear and basement comments.

Number two. I do not look at this virus from the “liberal” or “conservative” perspective. Sure, I see it first as far as Canada is concerned, but I also see it as the world in general. Is there a political component to it? Yes. I do not take that component into account though. On this basis alone the article is pretty dumb. If everyone would let go of their political beliefs when dealing with this particular situation, the world would be better off.

And I will also say that I do think that Trump will loose next week. Not because I support Biden or anything. That is just how I see it. In fact, he will probably loose in some traditionally republican states as well. Furthermore, I would not be surprised at all if democrats take control of senate as well.

Quote:
Let me ask you something. If you were the leader of a country and you knew there was a virus out there capable of wiping out large percentages of the population, would you send the kids back to school? The highest demographic likely to carry the disease while being asymptomatic, spreading the disease to large portions of the population undetected, and you send them back to school then act shocked when cases rise.... even better, you warn the people if they don’t follow government instructions that there will be a second wave and the government will be forced into putting in place stricter restrictions. How friggin stupid are we??? Yup yup justin was right, he called it, see I told you so.... well no sht, who would have seen that coming?
Short answer is if I was the leader of a country, I would listen to my trusted advisors, the scientific community, people with actual expertise in the subject matter, and I would act accordingly. Needless to say, my actions I would believe are in interest of the people, all people. If I did not believe that, I would act differently.

I guess it should also be mentioned that it was not the leader of the country who gave the green light to send the kids to school. It was the elected leaders of every province that gave that green light. Justin has nothing to do with this.

Quote:
Given that there were 290 or so ICU beds for all causes in the entire province, 25 is a significant number, no? 56% increase in one or two days is, potentially, even more significant.

Quote:
How many people have committed suicide because of the financial impact of covid restrictions so far?
I do not know these numbers. Do you? I do know this:

Quote:
Here is a report published by the CDC: Excess Deaths Associated with COVID-19, by Age and Race and Ethnicity — United States, January 26–October 3, 2020

You can read the whole thing, but here is a direct, most relevant quote:

As of October 15, 216,025 deaths from COVID-19 have been reported in the United States; however, this might underestimate the total impact of the pandemic on mortality.

Overall, an estimated 299,028 excess deaths occurred from late January through October 3, 2020, with 198,081 (66%) excess deaths attributed to COVID-19. The largest percentage increases were seen among adults aged 25–44 years and among Hispanic or Latino persons.

And here is a graphic (depicting weekly numbers of deaths from all causes and from all causes excluding COVID-19 relative to the average expected number and the upper bound of the 95% prediction interval (A), and the weekly and total numbers of deaths from all causes and from all causes excluding COVID-19 above the average expected number and the upper bound of the 95% prediction interval (B) — National Vital Statistics System, United States, January–September 2020) from the same source:

You make what you will of it. This is what had currently happened in the US. The long term consequences are yet to be seen.

Quote:
How many people have been arrested for domestic violence as a result of covid quarantine?
Are you saying that people beat up their spouses/partners and were arrested for it because of quarantine? Should I feel sorry for those people? I mean I had never laid a hand on my wife (or kids), no matter what the circumstances are. I do not get this point. I think you may have worded it wrong and instead should have said “how many more people suffered domestic abuse due to covid quarantine?” Or something along the lines.

Quote:
If the virus was as scary as you’d like me to believe, do you think it was a responsible thing for the government to allow kids to go back to school? I think deep down your faithful leader isn’t as scared of the virus as he lets on.
Lol. See above in regards to the “scare” factor.

He is my leader as much as he is yours. He is currently the prime minister of Canada. It is not a very smart comment, by the way. And, again, I should add, he was not the one who made the decision to send the kids back to school. It was provincial governments first, and individual parents second, who sent the kids back to school.

Quote:
Yes the virus is real, yes it makes people sick, but the effects of isolation, quarantine and financial ruin are also real and will have a much larger effect on society as a whole.
Time will tell. You are saying it like an absolute certainty. So far, Sweden, for example, suffered more economic damage than its nordic neighbours. I posted about it at least twice previously in other covid threads but people seemed to ignore it. I cannot shove it down people’s throats, so to each their own selective reading.
Old 10-31-2020, 04:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
And I quoted your post because it had the link to the said article, not because it was you who brought it up

Number one. Why does everyone “with your set of convictions” always refers to fear, hysteria, etc? I am not locked up in the basement or anything, do not have trouble sleeping, etc. I mean I am not scared, hysteric, do not jump at people who do not wear masks (what I think about it is a different topic), an so on. In fact, hardly anything at all changed in my personal life since this whole thing had started. I do not personally get the fear and basement comments.

Number two. I do not look at this virus from the “liberal” or “conservative” perspective. Sure, I see it first as far as Canada is concerned, but I also see it as the world in general. Is there a political component to it? Yes. I do not take that component into account though. On this basis alone the article is pretty dumb. If everyone would let go of their political beliefs when dealing with this particular situation, the world would be better off.

And I will also say that I do think that Trump will loose next week. Not because I support Biden or anything. That is just how I see it. In fact, he will probably loose in some traditionally republican states as well. Furthermore, I would not be surprised at all if democrats take control of senate as well.

Short answer is if I was the leader of a country, I would listen to my trusted advisors, the scientific community, people with actual expertise in the subject matter, and I would act accordingly. Needless to say, my actions I would believe are in interest of the people, all people. If I did not believe that, I would act differently.

I guess it should also be mentioned that it was not the leader of the country who gave the green light to send the kids to school. It was the elected leaders of every province that gave that green light. Justin has nothing to do with this.

Given that there were 290 or so ICU beds for all causes in the entire province, 25 is a significant number, no? 56% increase in one or two days is, potentially, even more significant.

You make what you will of it. This is what had currently happened in the US. The long term consequences are yet to be seen.

Are you saying that people beat up their spouses/partners and were arrested for it because of quarantine? Should I feel sorry for those people? I mean I had never laid a hand on my wife (or kids), no matter what the circumstances are. I do not get this point. I think you may have worded it wrong and instead should have said “how many more people suffered domestic abuse due to covid quarantine?” Or something along the lines.

He is my leader as much as he is yours. He is currently the prime minister of Canada. It is not a very smart comment, by the way. And, again, I should add, he was not the one who made the decision to send the kids back to school. It was provincial governments first, and individual parents second, who sent the kids back to school.

Time will tell. You are saying it like an absolute certainty. So far, Sweden, for example, suffered more economic damage than its nordic neighbours. I posted about it at least twice previously in other covid threads but people seemed to ignore it. I cannot shove it down people’s throats, so to each their own selective reading.

You quoted it and questioned me on it, so here we are.

1) “Hysteria” is the term used in the article, it’s actually the first time I used it while talking about the subject. The fact your life is as normal explains your inability to see this from another angle.

2) The article we are talking about points out the different approach republicans and democrats are taking towards this virus, it doesn’t matter how you look at it, it’s not about you it’s about the article and how Conrad sees the conservative vs liberal approach.

I guess we’ll soon see if the media reports your getting or the reports I’m getting from friends stateside are more accurate. I’m hearing it’s trump by a long shot.

Nobody is an expert on this virus, if they were we wouldn’t be having this conversation. If you were a leader and wanted to do what’s right for me. You’d do a risk assessment and consider the adverse effects caused by restrictions.

16-25 beds in one day, 290 beds, I suppose if it jumps to 40 by the end of the weekend and 80 next week you might have cause for concern, we’ll see.

You haven’t even looked at the flip side of the coin, you're only looking at the effects this has on 0.003% of the population.

Read this on suicide rates:
https://cmha.ca/news/warning-signs-m...uring-pandemic

Read this on domestic violence rates:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5545851

Read this on employment rates:
https://globalnews.ca/news/7029601/c...ployment-rate/

Read this on divorce rates:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/globaln...ronavirus/amp/

Educate yourself. Look at the whole picture, not just one aspect. You’ve made up your mind on the topic and have admittedly only looked into one aspect. Of course it’s easy to say vanilla is the best tasting ice cream when you’ve only eaten vanilla ice cream.

Your chart means nothing yet as far as I’m concerned, did you forget about the document that came out a couple weeks ago saying that there is a 100% chance that false positives on covid deaths have been recorded, so much so that they can’t even give an accurate number as to how many?

Yes I’m saying domestic violence has gone up since covid hit, it’s a fact, read the information I provided. Should you feel sorry for them? Feel sorry for the wife who gets thrown down the stairs? Feel sorry for the kid who gets punched upside the head? That’s up to you. Should I feel sorry for the guy on a ventilator? I guess that’s up to me. I haven’t even brought up the spike in substance abuse, I’ll let you google that one, it’ll be an eye opener for you.

My take on sending kids back to school wasn’t meant to scare anyone, go back and re-read it. If the virus was as scary as you’d have me believe do you think they would risk sending kids back to school? Let that sink in for a minute. We chose to send our son back to class btw.

Again, read the information I provided and understand the history of previous pandemics, I’m not guessing at the long term social and economical effects of a pandemic, I’m looking what’s happened in the past and forming an opinion based on that.

Last edited by Kurt505; 10-31-2020 at 04:21 AM.
Old 10-31-2020, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Oh, I forgot to mention to you, I never wrote the article. I never even brought it up, I just posted the link..... But since you called,

You continually try to ascertain that low number equates to wasted effort whereas you have proved efforts to date have just worked well.

I am positive that had nothing been done and hospitals were full and patients were being turned away that you would of screamed failure of the government.

It is very transparent.

You are also not following the data. They are tracking were key sources of spread occur and then secondary. There is stats on which areas can effectively mitigate risk by implementing safety protocols. Schools are able to stop spread effectively with systems in place.

Failure so far is in personal accountability in home and private parties. Get that under control would help immensely. That means guys like you taking it seriously to help protect others and to not cause shut downs.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-31-2020, 09:19 AM

Old 10-31-2020, 09:20 AM

Quote:
You continually try to ascertain that low number equates to wasted effort whereas you have proved efforts to date have just worked well.

I am positive that had nothing been done and hospitals were full and patients were being turned away that you would of screamed failure of the government.

It is very transparent.

You are also not following the data. They are tracking were key sources of spread occur and then secondary. There is stats on which areas can effectively mitigate risk by implementing safety protocols. Schools are able to stop spread effectively with systems in place.

Failure so far is in personal accountability in home and private parties. Get that under control would help immensely. That means guys like you taking it seriously to help protect others and to not cause shut downs.
How long would be acceptable to drag this out for? I have no problem with any safety protocol as long as it has zero economical impact.
Old 10-31-2020, 09:22 AM

Quote:

Great post.

It seems Kurt puts everyone into some weird locked in their basements scared of Covid and Covid isn’t that bad. Wherein most sane rational people are out and about, limiting contact, washing hands, wearing masks and not participating in big gatherings and parties.

Then he perpetuated the political threat of a faked hysteria over the pandmemic whereas the true hysteria is this false narrative that the pandemic is a hoax for one helping achieve a political end.

I guess it’s a political pandemic hysteria that helps distract from the simple truth.

Wear a mask, social distance, wash hands. Simple things that reduce the pandemics spread.
Old 10-31-2020, 09:41 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

Yup....really simple steps to prevent the spread but....

We are getting into this deeper and deeper as the dark of winter engulfs us...

Tighter restrictions are coming....

Hunting and ice fishing will pass the time until,the days get longer....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-31-2020, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Yup....really simple steps to prevent the spread but....

We are getting into this deeper and deeper as the dark of winter engulfs us...

Tighter restrictions are coming....

Hunting and ice fishing will pass the time until,the days get longer....
Agree. Will be sitting on the ice with my coffee and baileys. Just a matter of time before we shut down stuff again🥵. As the turd said. It sucks
Old 10-31-2020, 09:48 AM
Banned

I love the way people state do nothing it is all a hype. Government are doing it so they can be dictators . Yup all the world leaders and medical professionals are all idiots and don’t know what they are doing but guys that can do google searches to find obscure references that support what they believe are correct. I think if they want to see idiots they should look in the mirror . Most of us concerned about Covid our trying to do our part. Looks like the idiots seem to be walking around with eyes wide shut and spending days researching their opinions and reading on the web. Probably shuffling with a few cards light in the deck. Seems like threads like this allow us to see those that shuffle light. I really enjoy seeing YouTube posts that support positions being used as references . Really YouTube . Platform where anyone can upload anything.
And now let the light shufflers attack my post!!
Old 10-31-2020, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsalot View Post
Agree. Will be sitting on the ice with my coffee and baileys. Just a matter of time before we shut down stuff again🥵. As the turd said. It sucks
Instead of Baileys, have you tried Rumchata?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RumChata

Had some in a coffee at a buddies house a couple of weeks ago, I am a convert.
Old 10-31-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:

Hey that sounds good. I will check it out. Is it hard to find. Thanks for the tip
Old 10-31-2020, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsalot View Post
Hey that founds good. I will check it out. Is it hard to find. Thanks for the tip
No, seen it in a few places. If you a chance to try it, let me know what you think.
Old 10-31-2020, 10:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Great post.

It seems Kurt puts everyone into some weird locked in their basements scared of Covid and Covid isn’t that bad. Wherein most sane rational people are out and about, limiting contact, washing hands, wearing masks and not participating in big gatherings and parties.

Then he perpetuated the political threat of a faked hysteria over the pandmemic whereas the true hysteria is this false narrative that the pandemic is a hoax for one helping achieve a political end.

I guess it’s a political pandemic hysteria that helps distract from the simple truth.

Wear a mask, social distance, wash hands. Simple things that reduce the pandemics spread.
Man you are quite the piece of work, I think the clown mirrors in your house have you believing you’re the biggest man on the planet. You do realize that the article in the national post was written by Conrad Black right? It wasn’t me who actually wrote the article, I just happen to agree with his view of the situation. It’s obvious you see yourself as a superior to all and an expert on the topic, a master of economics to which Conrad Black is an uneducated bloke compared to the genius you posses...... bahaha.

Your tunnel vision is off the charts, and in all honesty your view of yourself is on a special level, trump-like if you will. Never once did I say the pandemic was a hoax, and this shows you’re comprehension skills. You never once acknowledged the side effects of the pandemic, your tunnel vision has you focused on the sickness and you have zero awareness of the tragedy that surrounds the virus. You’ve even gone as far as implying I made up friends because you think you’re the smartest man on the planet and know better than what their take on the situation is. I read what you write, I see your comprehension level and I know my imaginary friends would have a hay day talking with you.

My narrative hasn’t changed since day one. I said the social and economic fallout from this will be far worse than the virus itself, and there are literally millions of people who share this view. I know you don’t understand this statement and if it hasn’t sunk in yet obviously there’s no point in trying to help you comprehend any further.

You laughed at me when I said all hells going to break loose come election day, I suppose the fact cities are boarding up businesses and there are already protests with thousands of armed citizens, armed with semi automatic weapons, on the streets of the US is just me making up stories right? I guess we’ll soon see what happens on Election Day when there are millions of sore losers with guns who have been suffering mental blow after mental blow over the past year on the streets of the US.

Your continual attack angle, implying I flaunt public health warnings is totally unfounded and totally untrue and proves I have to reach down to get to your comprehension level. You have literally dismissed every single piece of information that doesn’t fit your narrative.... every single one. You haven’t acknowledged the social impact, the mental impact, the or the economic impact Your narrow minded view is truly unbelievable. You never acknowledged the stats coming from schools, and for what it’s worth, I don’t get my information from youtubers, I would like to see you disprove anything I’ve posted with actual facts of your own (not Sundance facts but actual facts).

Last edited by Kurt505; 10-31-2020 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10-31-2020, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Man you are quite the piece of work, I think the clown mirrors in your house have you believing you’re the biggest man on the planet. You do realize that the article in the national post was written by Conrad Black right? It wasn’t me who actually wrote the article, I just happen to agree with his view of the situation. It’s obvious you see yourself as a superior to all and an expert on the topic, a master of economics to which Conrad Black is an uneducated bloke compared to the genius you posses...... bahaha.

Your tunnel vision is off the charts, and in all honesty your view of yourself is on a special level, trump-like if you will. Never once did I say the pandemic was a hoax, and this shows you’re comprehension skills. You never once acknowledged the side effects of the pandemic, your tunnel vision has you focused on the sickness and you have zero awareness of the tragedy that surrounds the virus. You’ve even gone as far as implying I made up friends because you think you’re the smartest man on the planet and know better than what their take on the situation is. I read what you write, I see your comprehension level and I know my imaginary friends would have a hay day talking with you.

My narrative hasn’t changed since day one. I said the social and economic fallout from this will be far worse than the virus itself, and there are literally millions of people who share this view. I know you don’t understand this statement and if it hasn’t sunk in yet obviously there’s no point in trying to help you comprehend any further.

You laughed at me when I said all hells going to break loose come election day, I suppose the fact cities are boarding up businesses and there are already protests with thousands of armed citizens, armed with semi automatic weapons, on the streets of the US is just me making up stories right? I guess we’ll soon see what happens on Election Day when there are millions of sore losers with guns who have been suffering mental blow after mental blow over the past year on the streets of the US.

Your continual attack angle, implying I flaunt public health warnings is totally unfounded and totally untrue and proves I have to reach down to get to your comprehension level. You have literally dismissed every single piece of information that doesn’t fit your narrative.... every single one. You haven’t acknowledged the social impact, the mental impact, the or the economic impact Your narrow minded view is truly unbelievable. You never acknowledged the stats coming from schools, and for what it’s worth, I don’t get my information from youtubers, I would like to see you disprove anything I’ve posted with actual facts of your own (not Sundance facts but actual facts).
You angle on the opinion of one person...a person who went to jail for not being so smart... lol

Then you feel comfortable dwelling on his article while ignoring the medical community.

Well...hate to say it again, but I am against shutting down the economy. And I am against those who are ignoring the mask, hand washing and social distancing protocols. Those selfish enough to have parties that are spreading Covid.

Schools are not the problem. The problem is household parties and people not following the rules. If people did the proper thing there would be no shut down.

At this point and time a ton has been learned on the treatment and recovery of Covid patients. While cases are skyrocketing, deaths are rising less severely. Had the spike hit before now, many would of been lost.

So now we need to take advantage of the time and knowledge gained from the first wave, and try and reduce spread rate. We still don’t know about long term problems. We have some info that immunity isn’t a sure thing after recovering.

Being smart...help others, save lives, prevent spread, prevent over whelming the healthcare system and keeps businesses open.

Then we can hope for a vaccine or continue mitigation efforts.

Easy peazy if people are wise.

Sun

PS. Not sure you understand school data. https://calgarysun.com/news/local-ne...2-b034f1bbd4f7

You can see by the graph that infections didn’t jump after school started. It jumped after Thanksgiving parties.
Old 10-31-2020, 01:34 PM

Never heard of thanksgiving party’s.... it’s pretty much family. Sad day when people can’t eat with family.
Old 10-31-2020, 01:43 PM

A heck of a lot of of cases being reported, however, it is the low mortality that takes a back seat/goes unreported.
Old 10-31-2020, 01:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Schools are not the problem. The problem is household parties and people not following the rules. If people did the proper thing there would be no shut down
This is hilarious!
Old 10-31-2020, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Schools are not the problem. The problem is household parties and people not following the rules.
If people did the proper thing there would be no shut down
Maskers.. likely one of the biggest spreaders, (yet the most righteous).
A mere example of them doing the proper thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWxCFL60QqY
Old 10-31-2020, 02:28 PM
Gone Hunting

I heard it said, lead by example and it seems Canadians are proving it works.

Political opponents vilify each other and it has bled into the general population.

Very very few people think in black and white, we think in shades of gray.

I may think there is a lot of fear mongering going on, that does not mean I think everyone who follows the official guidelines is living in fear even though a few people clearly are.

I may also believe that false information is being spread but again, that does not mean I believe all we are told about Covid-19 is false.

How about we give each other credit for at least some intelligence?

I see both sides making some good arguments and some that are clearly not well thought out.
That's not a character fault, that's being human.

I look at the whole picture and I see some things that simply don't make sense. That makes me wonder what is behind those apparent inconsistencies.

We are told that this will not go away until herd immunity is achieved.
Then we are told this virus is mutating so fast that herd immunity will never happen.

We are told that masks save lives, then we are told that masks have minimal benefit.

Back in December of last year we were hearing daily death tolls, today they are telling us they know very little about this disease.
Why then would they be giving us daily death tolls less then a month after this virus was discovered? How much could they have known back then?

The there is the little matter of those death reports. We've heard that non covid deaths are included in those reports. Then we are told that those reports are really just estimates.

It seems to me that it is no wonder that many are confused about what is true and what is false.

Meanwhile there are some who search each post for one small thing they can attack. Why?
How about looking for common ground we can agree on?

George Bernard Shaw
Old 10-31-2020, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Schools are not the problem. The problem is household parties and people not following the rules. If people did the proper thing there would be no shut down.

PS. Not sure you understand school data. https://calgarysun.com/news/local-ne...2-b034f1bbd4f7

You can see by the graph that infections didn’t jump after school started. It jumped after Thanksgiving parties.
If you open the graph and look at the salient points where the data changes, it will lead you to the cause. September 18 is where this "second wave" is starting. If you open the link you provided, you will see what I mean. So the conventional wisdom dictates the symptoms start 7-14 after exposure, so any guesses on what societal change happened in the first week or two of September? It wasn't the thanksgiving celebrations.

What you need to avoid is having a preconceived result and making the data fit the outcome you want.

I do not think we understand enough of the virus to predict what is promoting the changes in transmission frequency. Look at the spike from July 14th to August 7th. What caused the increase and drop? Heck the first spike that peaked on May 3th was during the initial panic where everyone was washing hands and social distancing like they were about to die at any minute and it still kept going up.

Future generations will look back at this with awe and confusion as we will look like the Aztecs sacrificing people for the Sun God.
Old 10-31-2020, 03:53 PM

Quote:

Future generations will look back at this with awe and confusion as we will look like the Aztecs sacrificing people for the Sun God.
I like this. True.
Old 10-31-2020, 04:03 PM

Quote:

This stuff!! hard to find but so good. Substitute for baileys.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2020, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
This stuff!! hard to find but so good. Substitute for baileys.
Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
I will have to try that
Old 10-31-2020, 04:51 PM

Certainly an original, Canadian theme.