Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2020, 08:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Interesting post. I was tempted to reply with "I'd like to own a Grendel but my hairs not long enough for a man bun," but since you gave me a deal I refrained. Seriously tho, I'm tossing around buying one because of your influence. It's between a Grendel and a really well kept Daisy Red Rider I've had my eye on. Ha.

All in fun. Interesting you brought up the 270 wsm. Been thinking about getting one. I've held back due to hearing some negatives about short action magnums but others will say zero issues whatsoever for years. The more I read about the cartridge the more I like the thought of one but damn. Does a guy really need a 270, 270wsm, and a 7mm mag? Ok dumb question.

Good thing we weren't comparing the wsm version to the 06 though. Blows me away what it's capable of. Might even ditch both 7mms to buy one and that's about the last thing I thought I'd ever say.
Gosh the jealousy is thick around here.

Lol, it is good fun. I started with .270 and then decided i wanted another couple hundred yards potential, like easy 600+ wasn't enough, then went back to .270 as there was no way in heck i would ever use 8-900 yard potential so just overkill for me, and now i've gone even further the other way. I see the .270 wsm as a true 800+ yarder and the 6.5 prc would be the competition to it now. I'd vote .270 wsm between the two just to buck the trend a little bit and you know i'm a fan of 6.5's and .270's.