Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 06:34 PM

Default ICE THICKNESS of ALRBERTA's LAKE's 2017-2018

Please share ice thickness of the lake you went and additional info if there is any spot or section of the water body not safe to get near by it...

THANKS in advance, stay warm and play safe...

ENJOY...
Old 11-21-2017, 06:36 PM

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=332708
Old 11-21-2017, 06:39 PM

? all the ice reports all over the map, I don't need to know 2007 or 2012 ice reports, global warming not a cycle its a living and learning curve....
Old 11-21-2017, 07:56 PM

Where's Alrberta?
Old 11-21-2017, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papirus View Post
? all the ice reports all over the map, I don't need to know 2007 or 2012 ice reports, global warming not a cycle its a living and learning curve....
you could create a thread about lakes narrowed down to get reports or head to those lakes and report back on the conditions. it's a give a take community, you may not get to fish or you might get to fish by taking a drive, like my twin/pine coulee thread, beautiful drive where I saw lots of wildlife and didn't get to fish.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:27 PM

To keep things simple, we could easily start one new ice report thread per week. That way everyone would know it's current stats. If your lake isn't there either go to the last week's thread but realizing it's old info and may be inaccurate.

Each new thread titled the same for easy locating only the date changes. New thread starts every Monday.

Thread name:
Ice Reports - 2017/18 - November 20 - 26

Thoughts?
Old 11-21-2017, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
To keep things simple, we could easily start one new ice report thread per week. That way everyone would know it's current stats. If your lake isn't there either go to the last week's thread but realizing it's old info and may be inaccurate.

Each new thread titled the same for easy locating only the date changes. New thread starts every Monday.

Thread name:
Ice Reports - 2017/18 - November 20 - 26

Thoughts?
That's a great idea, they update other threads.
titles or region specific, north/central/south/mountain would help too.

who's the fishing mod?
Old 11-21-2017, 09:16 PM

Just use the ice thread... Look at the posts in reverse order or search the thread for the lake you want.

Or better yet go check the ice yourself, I wouldn't rely on measurements from a stranger on the internet...
Old 11-21-2017, 09:41 PM

Default S AB Ice Thickness

Quote:
AO members have been posting recent water body ice thickness with pics, but this time of year you need to check temp and wind forecasts for south of calgary water bodies, as ice thickness may change daily. What was good today may not be good 2 days from now. Forecast for making ice in this area is not good for the rest of the week.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:36 PM

I created this thread before and daily basis people update feedback from lake they visited...I visited few threads about ice thickness about this season but nearest date to today was April 2017... share or not eventually we will be all out there on the ice soon, heading U-L kananaskis this weekend not for fishing but, I'll check it out... enjoy, stay safe
Old 11-21-2017, 11:56 PM

Quote:
I created this thread before and daily basis people update feedback from lake they visited...I visited few threads about ice thickness about this season but nearest date to today was April 2017... share or not eventually we will be all out there on the ice soon, heading U-L kananaskis this weekend not for fishing but, I'll check it out... enjoy, stay safe
Did you not see the original thread I created for all to use and update, which is multiple pages long? Lots of people share their input daily on ice thickness on lakes all over Alberta. Multiple people have pointed this out and you still think this is needed? If you actually clicked on the first reply you would see this. Mods, please delete this irrelevant thread as it adds confusion on which thread to use. Thanks.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT_420 View Post
Did you not see the original thread I created for all to use and update, which is multiple pages long? Lots of people share their input daily on ice thickness on lakes all over Alberta. Multiple people have pointed this out and you still think this is needed? If you actually clicked on the first reply you would see this. Mods, please delete this irrelevant thread as it adds confusion on which thread to use. Thanks.
attitude
Old 11-22-2017, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSwedeItIs View Post
attitude
Tell me about it, with your 1 word contribution.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Inputs are out dated, thread search doesn't give any date stamp...
Old 11-22-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Old 11-22-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Inputs are out dated, thread search doesn't give any date stamp...
Old 11-22-2017, 08:48 AM

From another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
The ideal one would be a pinned list of lakes listed alphabetically and one could click on and get the latest ice conditions.

But that takes real work to maintain so I prefer the single 2017/2018 thread started by CPT_420. Did you know you can click on that thread and then search within? Try opening it and search for "Wabamun" and it will show all threads with Wabamun in reverse date order (newest to oldest). Doesn't that give you what you are asking for?

For Tapatalk...well...I only wee a forum wide search so if you are using that... no wonder
Old 11-22-2017, 09:25 AM

Not sure what thread you’re reading but the one I posted was from CPT_420 and was started Nov 3rd for the upcoming season.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:08 AM

I found a glitch, it was my VPN, takes me different links and post... it was active on my phone and my pc... i'll try the remove this thread and we can be all in the same page... sorry about that...
Old 11-22-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Tell me about it, with your 1 word contribution.
All I'm saying is you don't need to jump all over the guy for trying to help out, he was clearly having some sort of issue with the site. You don't need to be snippy with me either
Old 11-22-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
I found a glitch, it was my VPN, takes me different links and post... it was active on my phone and my pc... i'll try the remove this thread and we can be all in the same page... sorry about that...
No worries,was only trying to help you out. Have a good ice season.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:01 PM

Quote:
All I'm saying is you don't need to jump all over the guy for trying to help out, he was clearly having some sort of issue with the site. You don't need to be snippy with me either
Attitude

I agree with CPT that this thread should be deleted as it seems it was created in error. No biggy now.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Understandable, at the time I made that comment the OP and his follow up posts, I was not thinking there was some sort of glitch. My opologies to the OP. Makes sense now how 2007 got into this, lol.

As for getting Snippy with you, what else do you expect from a 1 word, negative contribution in which you didnt have to stick your nose? I had a reason to post what I did, you did not. Good luck this season.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:44 PM

This is a duplicate thread to one that has existed for quite some time. Please use the already existing thread so as to better serve the forum and lessen confusion. Thanks. Tight lines boys!
Closed Thread